What's happened with Adobe's sign-in?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
gollywop
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,787
Like?
What's happened with Adobe's sign-in?
7 months ago

I upgraded my computer's system, during which I was signed out from Adobe CC. Now when I try to sign in I'm informed that my password (which has worked just fine) is not correct.

I find the following note at the top of the Adobe Contact-Us page:

Adobe ID sign in is temporarily unavailable. We’re working to restore service as soon as possible.

It appears to have been this way a while. Anyone have any appropriate information about what's going on?

-- hide signature --

gollywop

califleftyb
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
Re: What's happened with Adobe's sign-in?
In reply to gollywop, 7 months ago

Adobe has been hacked and compromised.

PC World -

Adobe has shut down Connectusers.com, a community forum site for users of its Adobe Connect Web conferencing platform, because the site's user database was compromised.

On Tuesday, a hacker named "ViruS_HimA" claimed that he hacked into "one of Adobe's servers" and copied a database containing email addresses, password hashes and other information of over 150,000 Adobe customers, partners and employees.

To support his claim, the hacker published a limited set of records for users with email addresses ending in adobe.com, .mil and .gov.

"As soon as we became aware of the hacker's post, we launched our investigation, which (based on the information leaked by the hacker) led us to determine that the hacker appears to have compromised the Connectusers.com forum site," said Wiebke Lips, Adobe's senior manager of corporate communications, Wednesday via email.

The hacker leaked 644 records, but he claimed to have accessed the entire forum database, Lips said. "The forum has a total of about 150,000 registered users."

"We are in the process of resetting the passwords of impacted Connectusers.com forum members and will reach out to those members with instructions on how to set up new passwords once the forum services are restored," Lips said.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
phaedin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,222Gear list
Like?
Re: What's happened with Adobe's sign-in?
In reply to califleftyb, 7 months ago

That story was dated Nov 13 2012

 phaedin's gear list:phaedin's gear list
Nikon D7100 Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
gollywop
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,787
Like?
Re: What's happened with Adobe's sign-in?
In reply to phaedin, 7 months ago

phaedin wrote:

That story was dated Nov 13 2012

Good point.  I missed that.

So it looks like we're back to ground zero for information as to what's going on.

Anyone have any ideas?

-- hide signature --

gollywop

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
califleftyb
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
Re: What's happened with Adobe's sign-in?
In reply to califleftyb, 7 months ago

califleftyb wrote:

Adobe has been hacked and compromised.

PC World -

Adobe has shut down Connectusers.com, a community forum site for users of its Adobe Connect Web conferencing platform, because the site's user database was compromised.

On Tuesday, a hacker named "ViruS_HimA" claimed that he hacked into "one of Adobe's servers" and copied a database containing email addresses, password hashes and other information of over 150,000 Adobe customers, partners and employees.

To support his claim, the hacker published a limited set of records for users with email addresses ending in adobe.com, .mil and .gov.

"As soon as we became aware of the hacker's post, we launched our investigation, which (based on the information leaked by the hacker) led us to determine that the hacker appears to have compromised the Connectusers.com forum site," said Wiebke Lips, Adobe's senior manager of corporate communications, Wednesday via email.

The hacker leaked 644 records, but he claimed to have accessed the entire forum database, Lips said. "The forum has a total of about 150,000 registered users."

"We are in the process of resetting the passwords of impacted Connectusers.com forum members and will reach out to those members with instructions on how to set up new passwords once the forum services are restored," Lips said.

Apologies - this information is incorrect and was based on an incident in the past . Bercause the 5 minute edit window has expired I can not delete it. If there is a anyone at DP review capable of deleting this post please delete it.

This was posted in good faith from a link I saw but did not realize it was an old story, to the best of my knowledge Adobe has NOT been hacked.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
steve_hoge
Forum MemberPosts: 54Gear list
Like?
Re: What's happened with Adobe's sign-in?
In reply to gollywop, 7 months ago

Adobe online chat support simply said "We are having issues with our servers.   Please try back a little later."
I'm not a CC user, but does that mean subscribers are locked out of their accounts?   What CC functionality is available without a sign-in?

 steve_hoge's gear list:steve_hoge's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZR1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Olympus Stylus SP-100 Canon EOS 350D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
gollywop
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,787
Like?
Re: What's happened with Adobe's sign-in?
In reply to steve_hoge, 7 months ago

steve_hoge wrote:

Adobe online chat support simply said "We are having issues with our servers. Please try back a little later."
I'm not a CC user, but does that mean subscribers are locked out of their accounts? What CC functionality is available without a sign-in?

Well, CC can function just fine for upwards of 90 days (with a one-year contract) without any interaction with Adobe. After that, I don't know. But, I assume they'll get their servers back working before 90 days (I assume ). So far, it's been quite a bit longer than "a little later."

-- hide signature --

gollywop

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
steve_hoge
Forum MemberPosts: 54Gear list
Like?
Back online 17:22 MDT
In reply to gollywop, 7 months ago

Now I can download my Free Trial of PS Elements 

 steve_hoge's gear list:steve_hoge's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZR1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Olympus Stylus SP-100 Canon EOS 350D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
ImageAmateur
Senior MemberPosts: 1,863
Like?
Re: What's happened with Adobe's sign-in? Hack Attack?
In reply to gollywop, 7 months ago

gollywop wrote:

I upgraded my computer's system, during which I was signed out from Adobe CC. Now when I try to sign in I'm informed that my password (which has worked just fine) is not correct.

I find the following note at the top of the Adobe Contact-Us page:

Adobe ID sign in is temporarily unavailable. We’re working to restore service as soon as possible.

It appears to have been this way a while. Anyone have any appropriate information about what's going on?

-- hide signature --

gollywop

Maybe a Hack Attack? I say this because and other image software site was also down for a day or two.

Wonder if it is a widespread hack attack?

-- hide signature --

Wishing You Good Light.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads