RX100MIII price 849 Euro - Ships in July!

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
Jennyhappy2
Senior MemberPosts: 1,530Gear list
Like?
RX100MIII price 849 Euro - Ships in July!
7 months ago

RX100M3: Sony Luxemburg also leaked the RX100MIII price which is 849 Euro (which confirms our rumors were right!). Shipment July 8!

Jennyhappy2's gear list:Jennyhappy2's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ssb33
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
No EVF?
In reply to Jennyhappy2, 7 months ago

There is a manual for download at that site. Look like RX100MIII does not have an EVF?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Gimble
Regular MemberPosts: 161Gear list
Like?
Re: No EVF?
In reply to ssb33, 7 months ago

ssb33 wrote:

There is a manual for download at that site. Look like RX100MIII does not have an EVF?

That manual appears to be for the M2.

Note that the link is not to an official Sony site. Instead it is to a Sony Centre web site. I don't know about the rest of the world but in the UK Sony Centres are not part of Sony. They are simply electrical retailers with Sony franchises.

The official Sony Luxmburg site has no mention of the RX100 M3.

http://www.sony.lu/search?query=rx100&locale=fr_LU

coody
Senior MemberPosts: 1,071
Like?
Re: RX100MIII price 849 Euro - Ships in July! - Who care?
No text.
Marti58
Marti58 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 19,082Gear list
Like?
what i found about the EVF
In reply to ssb33, 7 months ago

ssb33 wrote:

it seems to have popup EVF, according this leak.

http://thenewcamera.com/tag/sony-rx100-m3/

translation:

Sony RX100 M3 product page accidentally leaked today by CameraNU.nl, RX100M3 page surfaced with major specification and pre-order details – the RX100 M3 have 849 euro price tag /approx 1167.97 US Dollar according to the website..as-usual the product page is now removed by website admin.. no web cache is available right now.. but the post update at FB page is still available (image above & link below).. take a look at the confirmed set of specification listed by CameraNU

-- hide signature --

*All my Post Processing is done with Capture NX2*
Flickr Photo's
Galleries on DPR

Marti58's gear list:Marti58's gear list
Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Samsung HZ35W Nikon Coolpix P500 Canon PowerShot S95 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 +27 more
Fredy Ross
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,395
Like?
In reply to coody, 7 months ago

must admit I am very happy with the present version so certainly am not interested in a shorter focal length but wider would be nice. Really feel no need to upgrade thank goodness.

-- hide signature --

fredyr

Robert Deutsch
Forum ProPosts: 10,048Gear list
Like?
In reply to Fredy Ross, 7 months ago

Fredy Ross wrote:

must admit I am very happy with the present version so certainly am not interested in a shorter focal length but wider would be nice. Really feel no need to upgrade thank goodness.

-- hide signature --

fredyr

I have the original RX100, and passed on the Mk.II, but 24 mm, faster (albeit shorter) telephoto range, and EVF might just tip the balance for me.  I'm willing to give up sone tele reach for a wider angle.  Hope the new lens is otherwise as good as or better than the original.

Bob

Jogger
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,440Gear list
Like?
Re: RX100MIII price 849 Euro - Ships in July!

Price is about right. Sony's business model here is bring out a new and improved model at a higher price while still selling the older version. In this case, the two models are sufficiently different I think.

In a few months, the m2 will be at end of life, the price of the m3 will be down, and rumours of the m4 will surface. And so on.

Having said that, im just gonna stick with my m1.. most of my shots are at the wide end, piont and forget type shots. Im not using this for portraits or similar.

Jennyhappy2 wrote:

RX100M3: Sony Luxemburg also leaked the RX100MIII price which is 849 Euro (which confirms our rumors were right!). Shipment July 8!

Jogger's gear list:Jogger's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Jennyhappy2
Like?
Re: what i found about the EVF
In reply to Marti58, 7 months ago

Thanks for the link.

Marti58 wrote:

ssb33 wrote:

it seems to have popup EVF, according this leak.

http://thenewcamera.com/tag/sony-rx100-m3/

translation:

Sony RX100 M3 product page accidentally leaked today by CameraNU.nl, RX100M3 page surfaced with major specification and pre-order details – the RX100 M3 have 849 euro price tag /approx 1167.97 US Dollar according to the website..as-usual the product page is now removed by website admin.. no web cache is available right now.. but the post update at FB page is still available (image above & link below).. take a look at the confirmed set of specification listed by CameraNU

-- hide signature --

*All my Post Processing is done with Capture NX2*
Flickr Photo's
Galleries on DPR

John Gellings
Contributing MemberPosts: 560
Like?
In reply to Robert Deutsch, 7 months ago

I'm certainly interested in this camera... I already own a few others (A7r, Fujis, Ricoh GR), so I don't need to compare the value of this vs. some other mirrorless... I can just see the advantages of having this on me at all times.

Jennyhappy2
Like?
In reply to John Gellings, 7 months ago

Probably one of the biggest selling points is the size in relation to sensor size.  Then with the significant faster lens on the M3 vs M2, the price seems about right.

John Gellings wrote:

I'm certainly interested in this camera... I already own a few others (A7r, Fujis, Ricoh GR), so I don't need to compare the value of this vs. some other mirrorless... I can just see the advantages of having this on me at all times.

daveco2
Contributing MemberPosts: 507
Like?

I could almost see spending $800, but at over $1000, I would be out of the market on principle.

Tonkotsu Ramen
Senior MemberPosts: 1,383
Like?
In reply to daveco2, 7 months ago
souledgeii
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?

daveco2 wrote:

I could almost see spending $800, but at over $1000, I would be out of the market on principle.

From store.sony.ca, the list price in CAD is $899. most likely, the us list price will be $849, which is 100$ more expensive than MII but with EVF.

trale
Senior MemberPosts: 1,053
Like?

daveco2 wrote:

I could almost see spending $800, but at over $1000, I would be out of the market on principle.

Good chance there will be sale from some retailer to knock it below $800, maybe even $700, within 5 months from launch. Just need to pay attention.

Like the $935 sale of the RX10 from Adorama a while back.

trale
Senior MemberPosts: 1,053
Like?
In reply to Tonkotsu Ramen, 7 months ago

Tonkotsu Ramen wrote:

http://store.sony.ca/gsi/webstore/WFS/SNYNA-SNYCA-Site/en_CA/-/CAD/ViewProduct-Start?SKU=31-DSCRX100M3

$899 CAD.. will is translate directly into USD?

That is the max USD price. More likely it will be $850 USD.

Jennyhappy2
Like?
RX100M3 leaked images
elliottnewcomb
Senior MemberPosts: 6,968Gear list
Like?
In reply to Robert Deutsch, 7 months ago

Robert Deutsch wrote:

Fredy Ross wrote:

-- hide signature --

fredyr

I have the original RX100, and passed on the Mk.II, but 24 mm, faster (albeit shorter) telephoto range, and EVF might just tip the balance for me. I'm willing to give up sone tele reach for a wider angle. Hope the new lens is otherwise as good as or better than the original.

Bob

Oh, I agree, I always said for the original I would prefer/accept 24-80 to get a 24 start. I guess to keep lens pants pocketable, and get good corners without diffraction at f2.8 they had to stop at 70mm.

Thickness: only 3/16" thicker than original (thickness of control ring), 20% heavier though. Tighten your belt. With pop up EVF? How the hell have they done that?

With my beloved CIZ, that's 140mm at 20mp, and I will drop down to 10mp to get even more effortless upscaled 'in-camera' zoom.

As someone pointed out, when you zoom a bit, the aperture closes, so this brighter lens starting at 24mm is terrific.

LCD now goes 180 degrees. Still wish it would swivel and a touch lcd to set focus point would be a terrific improvement.

Many other subtle improvements when you read the full specs here (in the thread's text, the web page is not working for me now)

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3671017

-- hide signature --

Elliott

elliottnewcomb's gear list:elliottnewcomb's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus Stylus 1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S85
Sulis2
Senior MemberPosts: 1,050
Like?
In reply to elliottnewcomb, 7 months ago

Yeah - touchscreen would have made it as close to perfect as I can imagine...

JAL
JAL
Regular MemberPosts: 251Gear list
Like?
perfect! I only hope they improves the auto-iso

Flash dedicated button
Brighter lens
Wider lens
Viewfinder
WiFi/NFC
Better video

My RX100 will be upgraded only if they improved the auto-iso (I hate those blurred 1/30 shots)
--
Jal

JAL's gear list:JAL's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads