DP2 Quattro to cost less than €1000?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
hexxthalion
Contributing MemberPosts: 536Gear list
Like?
DP2 Quattro to cost less than €1000?
5 months ago

Sigma rumors (sigma-rumors.com) published new article stating that DP2 Quattro will cost less than €1000, please check: http://sigma-rumors.com/2014/05/sigma-dp2-quattro-price-1000-euros-coming-late-june/

hexxthalion's gear list:hexxthalion's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R +11 more
Sigma DP2 Quattro
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
JLK
JLK
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,353
Like?
Re: DP2 Quattro to cost less than €1000?
In reply to hexxthalion, 5 months ago

hexxthalion wrote:

Sigma rumors (sigma-rumors.com) published new article stating that DP2 Quattro will cost less than €1000, please check: http://sigma-rumors.com/2014/05/sigma-dp2-quattro-price-1000-euros-coming-late-june/

I remember all the rumors and guesses regarding the SD1's price pre-release. They were all wrong! 

I'll wait to see for real, but I do expect the camera to be competitively priced (in essence, not much different from the DPxM prices at release)

-- hide signature --

Jim

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Carlosodze
Forum MemberPosts: 59Gear list
Like?

Less than a 1000 and count me in, more and i'll buy a merrill nstead, i am happy that the new spp is going to support merrill files.

Carlosodze's gear list:Carlosodze's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR
hexxthalion
Contributing MemberPosts: 536Gear list
Like?
In reply to Carlosodze, 5 months ago

I will wait for DP1 Quattro, I have DP2 Merrill and am happy with it but more I use it more I wish I bought DP1M - that resolution coming from these sensors would be great for landscape photography.

I'm tempted even with DP1M, UK prices at cliftoncameras are very low - £339

hexxthalion's gear list:hexxthalion's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R +11 more
Carlosodze
Forum MemberPosts: 59Gear list
Like?

hexxthalion wrote:

I will wait for DP1 Quattro, I have DP2 Merrill and am happy with it but more I use it more I wish I bought DP1M - that resolution coming from these sensors would be great for landscape photography.

I always read diferent opinions about that, some say the dp1 is too wide and make things look small, others that dp2 is too restrictive, mabe it's just the old "wish what i dont have".

I decided to get the dp2 because its lense is slighty better (it's easier to make an amazing 30mm than a 19mm), and because in the end you can stitch without loosing IQ,  and  you cant say that about cropping.

Carlosodze's gear list:Carlosodze's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR
PCummins
Forum MemberPosts: 63
Like?

hexxthalion wrote:

I bought a DP2M and find it's fine for most of what I use it for, cropping appears to get very good results as well. I'll be keen to see what the new DP1Q lens is like vs the DP1M's as I'd be looking to pick a DP1Q up for more serious landscape photography in the future.

jennyrae
Senior MemberPosts: 1,913Gear list
Like?
In reply to JLK, 5 months ago

Sigma was wrong with pricing. it did not sell. that is why they come up with SD1 Merrill as excuse.

D Cox
Senior MemberPosts: 8,016
Like?
In reply to Carlosodze, 5 months ago

Carlosodze wrote:

hexxthalion wrote:

I always read diferent opinions about that, some say the dp1 is too wide and make things look small, others that dp2 is too restrictive, mabe it's just the old "wish what i dont have".

And there are different ways to photograph landscape. Sometimes the broad panorama is right, but at other times you need a longer lens.

So all three cameras are useful, and one might sometimes crop the DP3 image or stitch DP1 images.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads