Like?
Leica 15mm
6 months ago

the perfect mate to the GM1

http://www.popco.net/zboard/view.php?id=dica_review&no=932

At least enjoy the photos

Cheers

dv312's gear list:dv312's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +7 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
C Sean
Regular MemberPosts: 324
Like?
Re: Leica 15mm
In reply to dv312, 6 months ago

Looking good.

i don't know if I should cancel my order and get a silver 15mm instead of the black one?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
sigala1
Senior MemberPosts: 3,507
Like?

dv312 wrote:

Cheers

The lens hood is really cute.

The aperture ring is an annoying gimmick. Why not a generic ring that you can set to anything from the camera, so it can be sued for ISO, shutter speed, or whatever you want?

photofan1986
Senior MemberPosts: 2,341Gear list
Like?
In reply to sigala1, 6 months ago

Yep, Samsung does that, it would be a neat idea. But as I'm a  AV shooter, I don't really mind.

photofan1986's gear list:photofan1986's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Canon PowerShot S100 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +6 more
Pic Man
Senior MemberPosts: 1,000
Like?
In reply to sigala1, 6 months ago

sigala1 wrote:

dv312 wrote:

Cheers

The aperture ring is an annoying gimmick. Why not a generic ring that you can set to anything from the camera, so it can be sued for ISO, shutter speed, or whatever you want?

I think it will prove useful on the GM1 because it doesn't have too many external controls. I don't see how it can be annoying. It's better than not having one.

Pic Man
Senior MemberPosts: 1,000
Like?

The lens is smaller than I'd thought it would be. It looked a fair bit shorter than the oly 12mm and that's a pretty small lens.

uberzone
Regular MemberPosts: 232Gear list
Like?
In reply to Pic Man, 6 months ago

I'm quite sure I will buy this and sell off my 14mm and 20mm. I never really warmed up to the 14mm and the 20mm doesn't get much use anymore now that I have the Panasonic 25mm. I think this 15mm lens will be the perfect complement.

Does anyone know if the hood is reversible? Everything I've heard says yes, but I have never seen a picture of it reversed.

uberzone's gear list:uberzone's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Sony Alpha 7R
EGenius007
Regular MemberPosts: 141Gear list
Like?

dv312 wrote:

Photos enjoyed, agree about it being perfect for the GM1. The dedicated cap for fitting with the lens hood is nice, though a little surprised about both caps being badged "Lumix G" instead of Leica. Curious if anyone scrounges up photos of the black 15mm on the silver E-M10.

-- hide signature --

Believe The Pictures

EGenius007's gear list:EGenius007's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +5 more
rurikw
Regular MemberPosts: 184Gear list
Like?

Ouch, I got GAS!

rurikw's gear list:rurikw's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 +1 more
tt321
Senior MemberPosts: 3,974Gear list
Like?
In reply to Pic Man, 6 months ago

Pic Man wrote:

sigala1 wrote:

dv312 wrote:

Cheers

I think it will prove useful on the GM1 because it doesn't have too many external controls. I don't see how it can be annoying. It's better than not having one.

Even on the GM1, a general control ring with a wide choice of use would still be better.

ericN2
Forum ProPosts: 14,983Gear list
Like?

No thanks ... at least whilst in UK it's 200 GBP MORE than my lovely Oly 17mm f1.8 from which I just can't believe I can get better results generally..

-- hide signature --

/eric
Staffordshire, UK

Len_Gee
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,572Gear list
Like?
In reply to C Sean, 6 months ago

C Sean wrote:

Looking good.

i don't know if I should cancel my order and get a silver 15mm instead of the black one?

I showed my girlfriend.

She said that " once you've had black you never go back."

So black it will be for my black GX7.

Len_Gee's gear list:Len_Gee's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4
bahamot
Regular MemberPosts: 228Gear list
Like?
In reply to EGenius007, 6 months ago

EGenius007 wrote:

dv312 wrote:

Photos enjoyed, agree about it being perfect for the GM1. The dedicated cap for fitting with the lens hood is nice, though a little surprised about both caps being badged "Lumix G" instead of Leica. Curious if anyone scrounges up photos of the black 15mm on the silver E-M10.

-- hide signature --

Believe The Pictures

Both PL25/f1.4 and PL 45/f2.8 have "Lumix" written on the lens caps.

-- hide signature --
 bahamot's gear list:bahamot's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +10 more
Impulses
Contributing MemberPosts: 955Gear list
Like?
In reply to bahamot, 6 months ago

Panasonic isn't very consistent with anything, some of their caps say Lumix G ands others just Lumix, and the X series say Lumix X... They've got a bunch of different cap designs too, my 20mm had a slim domed one, the 12-32 had a slim flat one more reminiscent from Oly's, the kit zooms come with the center pinch cap, etc etc. The cap on my 20mm was pretty fiddly, the teeth were ever so slightly more shallow and it was always jumping threads, replaced it with an Olympus cap.

Impulses's gear list:Impulses's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +20 more
Sergey Borachev
Senior MemberPosts: 2,540Gear list
Like?

dv312 wrote:

Cheers

Perfect mate, and obviously designed to be small enough to look good on the GM1, and in particular to have a small enough diameter so as not to lift up the camera when mounted. However, that also means some compromise and I just can't help but wonder how much better it could have been if it was not designed to be so small and to fit the GM1 well.

arbuz
Senior MemberPosts: 1,410Gear list
Like?
In reply to tt321, 6 months ago

tt321 wrote:

Pic Man wrote:

sigala1 wrote:

dv312 wrote:

Cheers

Even on the GM1, a general control ring with a wide choice of use would still be better.

It may be better but having one just for aperture cannot be called annoying.

arbuz's gear list:arbuz's gear list
Samsung EX2F Pentax *ist DS Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX300 +16 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads