First gear for a photographer

Started 4 months ago | Questions
Linken
New MemberPosts: 7Gear list
Like?
First gear for a photographer
4 months ago

Hello dear photographers ! Few months ago I decided to do what I love and I started taking pictures , read a lot of books and magazines about photography and I really develop myself. Im still learning,but its time for me to buy my first gear. I wont shot weddings,parties and etc. I like conceptual photography and to travel so mainly I will shot things involving fire,surrealistic stuff and interesting places while travelling.
I am confused what to buy - I cant decide between - Nikon D5100/Canon 600D/OMD E-M5/Nikon D7000 (or if you have other idea for my goals) Ill buy a second hand body and then start buying lenses so my budget is around 600-800 euro for body only. 
Thank you for your help !
Best regards : Yasen

-- hide signature --

"I love photos because the best thing about it is that it never changes even when the person in it does."

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Nikon D5100 Nikon D7000 Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Robert Evagelista
Regular MemberPosts: 250Gear list
Like?
Re: First gear for a photographer
In reply to Linken, 4 months ago

Trust the review Rating: D7000 and EM5 wins at 80%
Review Ratings:
REVIEW RATINGS in CAMERA SIDE BY SIDE comparison tool

Trust your eye.
Which of the Studio comparison images looks better:
Note the cameras chosen below are the closest to your selection.

STUDIO COMPARISON TOOL

Check click like if you like. Leave a comment if you don't.
http://robertevangelista.blogspot.com/

Robert Evagelista's gear list:Robert Evagelista's gear list
Olympus C-21 Casio QV-5700 Olympus D-340L Olympus XZ-1 Canon EOS 400D +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
mahfuz161
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?

"the more you read the more you learn". so i hope you are try on your best.as a photographer i sagest you practice hard yourself, its may help you.

bertwert
Regular MemberPosts: 178Gear list
Like?

Also Pentax...

Second hand K-5 or K-30 depending on your level ( or K-5 II or K-7).

-- hide signature --
PenPix
Contributing MemberPosts: 906
Like?

Linken wrote:

Ill buy a second hand body and then start buying lenses so my budget is around 600-800 euro for body only.

Since you're price conscious, you should check out the used lenses before you decide on a body.

A quick look at Kijiji, just in the city I live, shows more Canon lenses than Nikon, and nothing for Olympus.  The Canon selection is better and with some good bargains… not so much with the Nikon.

My first serious camera purchase was based on lenses available rather than the body.  No regrets.

RunStrom
Regular MemberPosts: 108Gear list
Like?

Any good DSLR will work for you - be it Canon or Nikon. I'm a nikon user so I suggest the D5100 - to D7100 range. The D3100 - to D3300 are good to - but they can't bracket which is sad. You will need these things in this order - A flash (non- Nikon that can TTL) only because of the price. A good tripod. A fun lens - the lensbaby 35mm - once you have mastered your standard lens.

RunStrom's gear list:RunStrom's gear list
Ricoh Caplio GX100 Sigma DP3 Merrill Nikon D3100 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +6 more
Linken
New MemberPosts: 7Gear list
Like?
In reply to RunStrom, 4 months ago

Yesterday I went testing the OMD M5 and I was very pleased by the size and the ergonomics, but the thing that depresses memwasnthe viewfinder - I see like 3/4 of the taken image.Its kinda strange for me , but I think you can live with it. I will go test the D5100 and 600D again  with some better lenses (the storeman told me that its not good to compare the omd with d5100 for example , because the omd is the better one.Try comparing it to d7100 he told me , but why - if you use the d5100 as a body with an expensive lenses, should my quality be better ? )

-- hide signature --

"I love photos because the best thing about it is that it never changes even when the person in it does."

RunStrom
Regular MemberPosts: 108Gear list
Like?

Linken wrote:

Yesterday I went testing the OMD M5 and I was very pleased by the size and the ergonomics, but the thing that depresses memwasnthe viewfinder - I see like 3/4 of the taken image.Its kinda strange for me , but I think you can live with it. I will go test the D5100 and 600D again with some better lenses (the storeman told me that its not good to compare the omd with d5100 for example , because the omd is the better one.Try comparing it to d7100 he told me , but why - if you use the d5100 as a body with an expensive lenses, should my quality be better ? )

-- hide signature --

Give the D7100 or D7000 a try as they come with a 100% viewfinder (and its bigger than the D5100 to D5300).

RunStrom's gear list:RunStrom's gear list
Ricoh Caplio GX100 Sigma DP3 Merrill Nikon D3100 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads