Thinking to get a mirrorless camera!?!?

Started 7 months ago | Questions
richscence
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Thinking to get a mirrorless camera!?!?
7 months ago

Hi all,

I'm thinking to get a mirrorless camera now but not sure which to get? currently there a few choices come in my mind which are Olympus OM-D E-m5, OM-D E-M10, FujiFilm X-E2 or X-Pro 1. Or have any other brand of mirrorless camera which come into your mind? Thinking to get 1 of this but currently cant make up my mind yet.Kindly advice. I would like to take it as traveling purpose.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-E2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Bill Donnell
Regular MemberPosts: 457Gear list
Like?
Re: Thinking to get a mirrorless camera!?!?
In reply to richscence, 7 months ago

Any would be a good choice. You might look into the Fuji X20 for travel. The picture quality is excellent and far cheaper and smaller than those you have mentioned. It has a fixed lens with a four power zoom and an excellent digital zoom to 8 power. It is my travel camera and I am very happy with it.

 Bill Donnell's gear list:Bill Donnell's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Nikon D3200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
The Incredible Hoke
Contributing MemberPosts: 788
Like?
Re: Thinking to get a mirrorless camera!?!?
In reply to richscence, 7 months ago

They are all great traveling cameras. If I had to choose one of those that you mentioned, I would get the Fuji XE-2. But, you can't go wrong with any.

The Fuji are cropped sensor and the Olympus are micro four thirds. Both would be sufficient for traveling shots.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Zone8
Forum ProPosts: 15,663
Like?
One thing to consider is ...
In reply to richscence, 7 months ago

thinking what to get for a mirrorless camera wrote:

Will you be able to comb your hair without a mirror?  

That apart, you need to really decide what you want to photograph and whether the alternative (to DSLR) viewing will suit - so essential you actually handle models that may be of interest, rather than purchase and then find you don't like the viewfinder system.

-- hide signature --

Zone8: Although I am a handsome genius, when I stand in front of a mirror, I vaguely recognise the ugly idjit standing on the other side!
LINK: For B+W with Epson 1400 (and other models) using black ink only PLUS other useful tips:
http://www.photosnowdonia.co.uk/ZPS/epson1400-B&W.htm
Cleaning DSLR Sensors, including Kodak DSLR Factory Cleaning method:
http://www.photosnowdonia.co.uk/ZPS/KodakDCS-sensorcleaning.htm (Includes links to "bassotto's" images)
Solving back/front focus problems on Sigma and most other DSLRs
http://www.photosnowdonia.co.uk/ZPS/backfocus.htm
PDF format list of lenses you can print or download - covers Italian Flag YES/NO for DCS 14n but applies to others. http://www.photosnowdonia.co.uk/ZPS/ItiFlagLensList.pdf

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Jim Cassatt
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,628Gear list
Like?
Re: Thinking to get a mirrorless camera!?!?
In reply to richscence, 7 months ago

One poster mentioned the Fuji X20.  I have the X10 and like it a lot.  The X20 is an upgrade.  What I like about my X10 is excellent IQ plus credible high ISO performance.  The optics are really good. Plus there is a usable optical viewfinder.

I also have both a Fuji X-E1 and X-E2 plus a variety of lenses.  My only problem is that wieh I treavel, I don;t like to haul around a collection of lenses.  The 18-55 f2.8-4 is a really nice "kit" lens.  (Think kit as equivalent to a Canon "L" lens).  However, for travel purposes, I would like a bit longer reach.  The 18-135 is not out yet and will probably cost a bundle like other Fuji lenses.  However, the X20 sports a 28-105 full frame equivalent.

-- hide signature --
 Jim Cassatt's gear list:Jim Cassatt's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 300D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E1 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Robert Evagelista
Regular MemberPosts: 457Gear list
Like?
Re: Thinking to get a mirrorless camera!?!?
In reply to richscence, 7 months ago

I completely understand the difficult situation that you are in.

those cameras are pretty much close in the Review rating.

I think the biggest difference between these are the
1.) Lens line up and Pricing favors the olympus.
2.) Handling and Controls favors the olympus.
3.) Sensor favors the FUJI.
4.) Auto Focus speeds favors the olympus.
If you can test each on the store I think you should try them out first.
Consider the lenses you will buy and compare the prices also.

Fuji are well regarded because of their sensors.
New Studio comparison tool shows how good the sensors of Fuji is.
Please note that I am an olympus fanboy. Because it has rejuvenated my love for photography.
And I have fallen in love with the EM-1 since the first time I hold it. And I love it more every time I go out for a shoot.
And although the test images below shows the limitation of the OLY sensor.
I have never yet had any issues on my pictures.
See my blog at http://robertevangelista.blogspot.com/

View: original size

Look at the CAs on Olympus.

View: original size

FUJI Noise are remarkable.

View: original size

-- hide signature --

hide signature --

Sharing the joys of photography
http://robertevangelista.blogspot.com/

 Robert Evagelista's gear list:Robert Evagelista's gear list
Olympus C-21 Casio QV-5700 Olympus D-340L Olympus XZ-1 Canon EOS 400D +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
mahfuz161
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Re: Thinking to get a mirrorless camera!?!?
In reply to richscence, 7 months ago

I think mirror less camera my be not best for traveling. without mirror a camera is not looking wonder.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
AlbertInFrance
Senior MemberPosts: 2,689Gear list
Like?
Re: Thinking to get a mirrorless camera!?!?
In reply to mahfuz161, 7 months ago

mahfuz161 wrote:

I think mirror less camera my be not best for traveling. without mirror a camera is not looking wonder.

I can't work out what the second half of that means, but there is nothing wrong with mirrorless cameras for travelling.

I use my Fuji X-E1 for pretty well all my photography. For example, last year in Thailand I shot (in no particular order) ants, elephants, temples, boat trips, street markets, water lillies and a rowdy evening in an Irish pub.

-- hide signature --

Albert
Every photograph is an abstraction from reality.
Most people are more interested in the picture than the image.

 AlbertInFrance's gear list:AlbertInFrance's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Ed B
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,195
Like?
Re: Thinking to get a mirrorless camera!?!?
In reply to AlbertInFrance, 7 months ago

AlbertInFrance wrote:

mahfuz161 wrote:

I think mirror less camera my be not best for traveling. without mirror a camera is not looking wonder.

I can't work out what the second half of that means, but there is nothing wrong with mirrorless cameras for travelling.

I use my Fuji X-E1 for pretty well all my photography. For example, last year in Thailand I shot (in no particular order) ants, elephants, temples, boat trips, street markets, water lillies and a rowdy evening in an Irish pub.

-- hide signature --

Albert
Every photograph is an abstraction from reality.
Most people are more interested in the picture than the image.

Albert, I agree with you.

I think some people get "mirrorless" confused with compact cameras. Some people here have mentioned X-10 & X-20 which are both nice cameras, but don't fall into the mirrorless category.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
PenPix
Senior MemberPosts: 1,108
Like?
Re: Thinking to get a mirrorless camera!?!?
In reply to Ed B, 7 months ago

Ed B wrote:

AlbertInFrance wrote:

mahfuz161 wrote:

I think mirror less camera my be not best for traveling. without mirror a camera is not looking wonder.

I can't work out what the second half of that means, but there is nothing wrong with mirrorless cameras for travelling.

I use my Fuji X-E1 for pretty well all my photography. For example, last year in Thailand I shot (in no particular order) ants, elephants, temples, boat trips, street markets, water lillies and a rowdy evening in an Irish pub.

-- hide signature --

Albert
Every photograph is an abstraction from reality.
Most people are more interested in the picture than the image.

Albert, I agree with you.

I think some people get "mirrorless" confused with compact cameras. Some people here have mentioned X-10 & X-20 which are both nice cameras, but don't fall into the mirrorless category.

I have the X-20 and the X-E1, and the X-20 is a way more convenient camera to carry.  However, it does suffer quite a bit at night at high ISO.  The X-E1 is superior in ISO, but I have to carry an extra lens to cover the same zoom range (and a little more) as the X-20.  Regardless, the X-20 goes with me more often.

The Olympus falls between the two and I think it's a great compromise for size and quality.  Although the body is roughly same size as the X-E1, the m3/4 lenses are more compact.

I bought the X-E1 because I often shoot at ISO1600.  I do wish for the size of the Olympus system though.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads