Sony A6000 L-Plate?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
Sgt_Strider
Senior MemberPosts: 2,081
Like?
Sony A6000 L-Plate?
6 months ago

Does anyone here know of any company that will make an L-Plate for the A6000? I contacted RRS, but they said they're thinking about it. They're not sure they'll make a plate for this camera. It's a shame if they don't considering they made plates for the NEX 6 and 7. So if you guys want RRS to make a plate, please contact them and let them know that you want one. In the mean time, does anyone here know of any other company that will make a plate for the A6000?

Thanks!

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
DezM
Forum ProPosts: 33,858
Like?
Re: Sony A6000 L-Plate?
In reply to Sgt_Strider, 6 months ago

Sgt_Strider wrote:

Does anyone here know of any company that will make an L-Plate for the A6000? I contacted RRS, but they said they're thinking about it. They're not sure they'll make a plate for this camera. It's a shame if they don't considering they made plates for the NEX 6 and 7. So if you guys want RRS to make a plate, please contact them and let them know that you want one. In the mean time, does anyone here know of any other company that will make a plate for the A6000?

Same issue with me. My NEX-6 L-Bracket didn't fit the a6000 and RRS told me the same thing via email, so I found this on eBay and ordered. Should arrive any day and I think it will work just fine:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-L-Quick-Release-Plate-Bracket-Fit-Camera-Benro-Arca-Swiss-Kirk-NEX6-7-/201075575129?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
offtraildog
Regular MemberPosts: 178Gear list
Like?
In reply to DezM, 6 months ago

has anybody tried the markin ps-a7 on the a6000?

offtraildog's gear list:offtraildog's gear list
Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 +2 more
DezM
Like?
In reply to offtraildog, 6 months ago

It says A7/A7R. That lip on the base plate is what usually screws up the mount, if not for said camera.

-- hide signature --
Ross Warner
Regular MemberPosts: 454Gear list
Like?

If you have the RRS L-plate for the A7, you're in luck. It fits nicely on the A6000, although it extends a little farther than necessary on the left-hand (non-grip) side. I have the A7R, and unless I were going to swap cameras on the tripod a lot, I wouldn't bother to buy another L-plate for A6000.

Oh, yeah, you do have to loosen the L-plate to get the battery door open.

-Ross

Ross Warner's gear list:Ross Warner's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7R Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Sony 100mm F2.8 Macro Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +4 more
D Williams
Contributing MemberPosts: 606Gear list
Like?
In reply to DezM, 6 months ago

Dez,

I hope you will report on this when it comes.  It looks like it is going to cover the battery door for sure but that is no big deal for me.  I'm more concerned on how it interacts/interferes with movement of the rear LCD.  I'm also concerned about the ability to attach an LA-EA21 with this particular L-bracket in place.

Don

DezM wrote:

Sgt_Strider wrote:

Same issue with me. My NEX-6 L-Bracket didn't fit the a6000 and RRS told me the same thing via email, so I found this on eBay and ordered. Should arrive any day and I think it will work just fine:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-L-Quick-Release-Plate-Bracket-Fit-Camera-Benro-Arca-Swiss-Kirk-NEX6-7-/201075575129?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

-- hide signature --
 D Williams's gear list:D Williams's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a6000 +29 more
Baronphoto
New MemberPosts: 17Gear list
Like?
 Baronphoto's gear list:Baronphoto's gear list
Canon EOS 60D
DezM
Like?
In reply to D Williams, 6 months ago

Dez,

I hope you will report on this when it comes.  It looks like it is going to cover the battery door for sure but that is no big deal for me.  I'm more concerned on how it interacts/interferes with movement of the rear LCD.  I'm also concerned about the ability to attach an LA-EA21 with this particular L-bracket in place.

Don

DezM wrote:

Sgt_Strider wrote:

-- hide signature --

I think it will be ok. If u notice, it has a sliding bolt which should allow you to slide the plate away from the battery door.....just like in the photo with the NEX-6 attached.
--
Dez

DezM
Like?
In reply to Ross Warner, 6 months ago

If you have the RRS L-plate for the A7, you're in luck. It fits nicely on the A6000, although it extends a little farther than necessary on the left-hand (non-grip) side. I have the A7R, and unless I were going to swap cameras on the tripod a lot, I wouldn't bother to buy another L-plate for A6000.

-Ross

Why wouldn't RRS have told us that? Could you take a photo of your L bracket on the a6000?
--
Dez

Jerry Fusselman
Regular MemberPosts: 431Gear list
Like?

Ross Warner wrote:

-Ross

"In luck?"---I cannot easily figure out what you mean by this.  It sounds false to me.  Please check again.   We're talking about the RRS BA7-L set, which (unless I am seriously missing something) no way no how fits on the Sony alpha 6000.  Perhaps your RRS L bracket is different from the BA7-L.

For now, my L-bracket solution for alpha 6000 (Sony a6000) is the inexpensive DAL-1 L bracket from Amazon.  It allows access, while on the tripod, to the battery, memory card, and the port for the cable release.

Also, I have the same flexibility with the LCD with this setup that I have with the RRS BA7-L on my Sony A7r.  That access is good and complete when looking down on the LCD, but not as good when looking up from below.   (That is, the useful 90-degree tilt works fine, but the smaller tilt in the other direction is impeded.) I get about 90% of the LCD functionality that matters to me on a tripod.

-- hide signature --

Jerry Fusselman

Jerry Fusselman's gear list:Jerry Fusselman's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha NEX-6 Canon EOS 100D +40 more
Sgt_Strider
Senior MemberPosts: 2,081
Like?

Ross Warner wrote:

-Ross

Ross,

Thanks for the confirmation. Can you post some pictures for us? I suppose it wouldn't be so bad to get the plate for the A7/A7r as it can be an upgrade path in the near future.

Jerry Fusselman
Regular MemberPosts: 431Gear list
Like?

Sgt_Strider wrote:

Ross Warner wrote:

-Ross

Ross,

Thanks for the confirmation. Can you post some pictures for us? I suppose it wouldn't be so bad to get the plate for the A7/A7r as it can be an upgrade path in the near future.

Alas, as I already mentioned in this thread, it does not work.  The RRS L-plate for the Sony Alpha 7 has a rib on the base plate that prevents attaching it to the alpha 6000.

-- hide signature --

Jerry Fusselman

Jerry Fusselman's gear list:Jerry Fusselman's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha NEX-6 Canon EOS 100D +40 more
DezM
Like?
Received this today
In reply to Jerry Fusselman, 6 months ago
FramerDave
Contributing MemberPosts: 564
Like?

Sgt_Strider wrote:

Thanks!

JTec's Nex7 L-plate fits the A6000 with minimal modification. Just need a little bit of thinning down at the bottom of the left elbow if you don't care about side door access. Another 10 minutes of filing would allow full (but tight) access to side ports. I posted some pictures with another thread here .

The best thing I like about it is it allow room for the LCD to tilt down unhindered.

JimLenexa
Regular MemberPosts: 290
Like?

I got an email from Jim Weise at RRS last week. He said they are getting an a6000 into the shop from Sony any day now. He couldn't confirm that they will be making an L-Bracket for the a6000, but based on the number of requests so far, he said he thinks it is a very good bet. The only thing holding it up is there are several other cameras in the pipeline ahead of the a6000, such as the Panasonic GH-4.

I think SOMEONE will eventually get to the a6000; keep bugging RRS and other manufacturers. Also keep an eye on Hejnar Photo - he makes really great gear also, and is cheaper than RRS.

-- hide signature --

Jim Meyer

bando
New MemberPosts: 14Gear list
Like?

"In stock" per RRS' website!

http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/Alpha-a6000/BA6000-L-Set-L-plate-for-Alpha-a6000.html

-- hide signature --

"Viajá lejos y viajá cerca. Viajá con tu gente más querida, viajá solo; viajá soltero."

bando's gear list:bando's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sony E 30mm F3.5 Macro Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +4 more
PVCdroid
Senior MemberPosts: 2,162Gear list
Like?
In reply to bando, 6 months ago

bando wrote:

"In stock" per RRS' website!

http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/Alpha-a6000/BA6000-L-Set-L-plate-for-Alpha-a6000.html

-- hide signature --

"Viajá lejos y viajá cerca. Viajá con tu gente más querida, viajá solo; viajá soltero."

I saw that Fittest has an L-bracket for the A6000 that covers the entire bottom of the camera with battery door access. I bought the one designed for the A7R for $50 from Ali Express and have been very pleased. It is anodized 6061T aero grade aluminum just like RRS but with more protection. It's on Amazon for $67. See more pictures at the following link:

http://www.amazon.com/FITTEST-Quick-Release-Bracket-Compatible/dp/B00KIDFGLM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1401118038&sr=1-1&keywords=fittest+a6000

PVCdroid's gear list:PVCdroid's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R
bando
New MemberPosts: 14Gear list
Like?
In reply to PVCdroid, 6 months ago

Nice find, thanks!

-- hide signature --

"Viajá lejos y viajá cerca. Viajá con tu gente más querida, viajá solo; viajá soltero. Perdete sin miedo. Hablá con desconocidos, escuchá todas las historias, hacé todas las preguntas. "

bando's gear list:bando's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sony E 30mm F3.5 Macro Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +4 more
offtraildog
Regular MemberPosts: 178Gear list
Like?
In reply to bando, 5 months ago

Just got mine . First purchase from really right stuff and I am very pleased with the quality and fit.  much better then retrofitting a non-custom plate and just in time for my  trip!

offtraildog's gear list:offtraildog's gear list
Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 +2 more
aerosol
Regular MemberPosts: 173Gear list
Like?
In reply to PVCdroid, 5 months ago

Thanks for pointing, just found same plate with worldwide free shipping:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/FITTEST-Quick-Release-L-Plate-Bracket-Hand-Grip-Sony-A6000-Arca-fit-/271504098177

aerosol's gear list:aerosol's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads