HX400v

Started 4 months ago | Questions
cmgroup
Forum MemberPosts: 81
Like?
HX400v
4 months ago

Just a quick question, l cannot add any picture effects to the photo after it has being taking like l was able to do on the HX300, the effects l mean was Watercolour & Illustration, am l doing something wrong, any ideas..

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX300 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Stephen McDonald
Forum ProPosts: 11,944
Like?
Re: HX400v
In reply to cmgroup, 4 months ago

cmgroup wrote:

Just a quick question, l cannot add any picture effects to the photo after it has being taking like l was able to do on the HX300, the effects l mean was Watercolour & Illustration, am l doing something wrong, any ideas..

I've gone through the Help Guide for the HX400V and I can't find any mention of adding those effects after shooting. There don't seem to be any features like that on the PMH Program, either. Apparently, you have to set the camera before shooting to produce those effects. Whether or not it stores a normal photo as well, I don't know. If not, you'd be stuck with only the altered image.

I also went through the User Guide for the HX300 and under Picture Effect, it describes applying Watercolor and Illustration effects to recorded images, something that is not mentioned in the same place in the HX400V Help Guide. So there it is, a reduced special feature. Personally, I'll take the superior all-around performance of the HX400V and consider it a good trade-off for something I'd never use anyway.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
cmgroup
Like?
In reply to Stephen McDonald, 4 months ago

Thanks Steve.

alisaad619
Regular MemberPosts: 179Gear list
Like?
Stephen McDonald
Like?
In reply to alisaad619, 4 months ago

The retouching application that can be downloaded to a camera, doesn't include the features of adding a watercolor or illustration effect to recorded photos. The PMH Program in the Adjust Photos feature, contains most of what this application does. You'd think that there would be an application for the watercolor and illustration effects. Perhaps they will add it to the collection later.

alisaad619
Regular MemberPosts: 179Gear list
Like?

Stephen McDonald wrote:

The retouching application that can be downloaded to a camera, doesn't include the features of adding a watercolor or illustration effect to recorded photos. The PMH Program in the Adjust Photos feature, contains most of what this application does. You'd think that there would be an application for the watercolor and illustration effects. Perhaps they will add it to the collection later.

yup , you are right

but you can do some small things with the app , or maybe he can transfare photos to the phone and use editing apps

Dodge_Rock
Senior MemberPosts: 1,099
Like?

cmgroup wrote:

If you still have the HX300, one idea is to put the HX400 SD card with images into the older camera and add the desired picture effects.

Stephen McDonald
Like?
In reply to Dodge_Rock, 4 months ago

Dodge_Rock wrote:

cmgroup wrote:

If you still have the HX300, one idea is to put the HX400 SD card with images into the older camera and add the desired picture effects.

If there are people who wish to use such picture effects and if the software for it is already developed, then it makes no sense to remove it from future models. But this is something that Sony has been doing for many years-----stripping features from newer cameras.

Dodge_Rock
Senior MemberPosts: 1,099
Like?

Stephen McDonald wrote:

Dodge_Rock wrote:

cmgroup wrote:

If you still have the HX300, one idea is to put the HX400 SD card with images into the older camera and add the desired picture effects.

If there are people who wish to use such picture effects and if the software for it is already developed, then it makes no sense to remove it from future models. But this is something that Sony has been doing for many years-----stripping features from newer cameras.

Right on, Steve.

Wonder why they removed in-camera frame capture from movie playback and added that "trailing stuff" that can only be seen on the camera?  What is that, anyway?

cmgroup
Like?
In reply to Dodge_Rock, 4 months ago

I think Sony Vegas has picture effects but as Stephan says why remove post editing features from this camera maybe a software update is on the cards but knowing Sony I don’t think it will happen soon. I liked the Illustration effect it worked great on landscapes and similar photos in fact funny as it may seem but when I demonstrated this feature to a possible buyer I sold the camera with full asking price. I hope Sony has plans to add more apps for this camera because I don’t see anything of interest yet

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads