Fuji XT1 56 1.2 and the 60 2.4

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
Gradybaby
Contributing MemberPosts: 548
Like?
Fuji XT1 56 1.2 and the 60 2.4
6 months ago

I'm really loving this camera and don't miss my D800 D600 and D4:))

Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D4 Nikon D600 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
The Incredible Hoke
Contributing MemberPosts: 777
Like?
Re: Fuji XT1 56 1.2 and the 60 2.4
In reply to Gradybaby, 6 months ago

It's a good looking camera with a ton of great features. If I wanted a second digital camera it would definitely be in the running.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Wah Chan
Regular MemberPosts: 116Gear list
Like?

Yes, I love my new  Fuji XT-1 and XE-1  !!!! I used 85 % more than my Nikon ( D3s  D700 D800 ) cameras.

ravduc
Senior MemberPosts: 1,269Gear list
Like?

Nice set up. My brother has one and I have had a chance to play with it. Would be on my list of cameras to buy if I did not have so many cameras to use.

ravduc's gear list:ravduc's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Leica Digilux 2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Leica Digilux 3 Olympus E-1 +14 more
Mr Gadget
Senior MemberPosts: 1,842
Like?
Uh?

I really love Fujifilm cameras, esp the X-T1, but isn't this the Nikon FX SLR forum? Shouldn't this have been posted in the Fujifilm X forum?

-- hide signature --

Conrad
---------------------------------------------------
Show Low, Arizona

turbsy
Contributing MemberPosts: 692Gear list
Like?

Gradybaby wrote:

And what's the point to this?  There's nothing here that couldn't be done with any Nikon camera made right now.  Fuji makes nice cameras and some really great lenses but this is the Nikon full frame forum and any one of the cameras this forum is made for could have done as good or better.

turbsy's gear list:turbsy's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D50 Nikon D300 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +11 more
Gradybaby
Like?
In reply to turbsy, 6 months ago

turbsy wrote:

Gradybaby wrote:

And what's the point to this? There's nothing here that couldn't be done with any Nikon camera made right now. Fuji makes nice cameras and some really great lenses but this is the Nikon full frame forum and any one of the cameras this forum is made for could have done as good or better.

Your right about that only it weighs one third what my Nikon gear does. And I guess that's a compliment that the Fuji can shoot as well as the heavier and much more expensive Nikon gear.

SeymourButts
Forum MemberPosts: 67
Like?

Gradybaby wrote:

turbsy wrote:

Gradybaby wrote:

And what's the point to this? There's nothing here that couldn't be done with any Nikon camera made right now. Fuji makes nice cameras and some really great lenses but this is the Nikon full frame forum and any one of the cameras this forum is made for could have done as good or better.

Your right about that only it weighs one third what my Nikon gear does. And I guess that's a compliment that the Fuji can shoot as well as the heavier and much more expensive Nikon gear.

Nice photos thank you for posting,Now take a cookie and your plastic camera and go to your room.....

ravduc
Senior MemberPosts: 1,269Gear list
Like?

I know that this is a very good camera and the lenses are excellent as well. But, you are saying that this camera can do the same as a full frame sensored camera. I think that every sensor size has it's advantages and disadvantages (I still use a Leica digilux 2 with a 2/3 sensor). Why even bother saying that it replaces full frame when it doesn't. I have a Fuji X100 and many in this forum also have Fuji X cameras. The X cameras will beat full frame in weight and size but I can assure you that my Nikon DF will beat the hell out of any aps-c camera in certain situations such as low light, tonal gradations, transitions between focused and out of focused areas,  etc. Enjoy your camera.

ravduc's gear list:ravduc's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Leica Digilux 2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Leica Digilux 3 Olympus E-1 +14 more
cdubman
Regular MemberPosts: 383
Like?
In reply to ravduc, 6 months ago

I know that this is a very good camera and the lenses are excellent as well. But, you are saying that this camera can do the same as a full frame sensored camera. I think that every sensor size has it's advantages and disadvantages (I still use a Leica digilux 2 with a 2/3 sensor). Why even bother saying that it replaces full frame when it doesn't. I have a Fuji X100 and many in this forum also have Fuji X cameras. The X cameras will beat full frame in weight and size but I can assure you that my Nikon DF will beat the hell out of any aps-c camera in certain situations such as low light, tonal gradations, transitions between focused and out of focused areas,  etc. Enjoy your camera.

I agree. I have a d800 and x100s. Both have their time and place. The x100s is fantastic and it really has made me enjoy the simplicity of photography. However, there are many times the d800 can't be matched.

Gradybaby
Like?
In reply to SeymourButts, 6 months ago

SeymourButts wrote:

Gradybaby wrote:

turbsy wrote:

Gradybaby wrote:

Nice photos thank you for posting,Now take a cookie and your plastic camera and go to your room.....

With a name like Butts I would be careful what you say on the web it could come back to bite you where the sun doesn't shine. How about posting a few of your works of art for the world to see. Besides the XT1 is built as good an many of the top of the line DSLR read the reviews and weep. While your at it take a look at the DpReview of the camera Gold award and an 84 not bad for a plastic camera. But I guess you know better.

Gradybaby
Like?
In reply to ravduc, 6 months ago

ravduc wrote:

I know that this is a very good camera and the lenses are excellent as well. But, you are saying that this camera can do the same as a full frame sensored camera. I think that every sensor size has it's advantages and disadvantages (I still use a Leica digilux 2 with a 2/3 sensor). Why even bother saying that it replaces full frame when it doesn't. I have a Fuji X100 and many in this forum also have Fuji X cameras. The X cameras will beat full frame in weight and size but I can assure you that my Nikon DF will beat the hell out of any aps-c camera in certain situations such as low light, tonal gradations, transitions between focused and out of focused areas, etc. Enjoy your camera.

Just like my D4 will toast the DF in almost every category. Whats the point? Besides its not the arrow its the Indian. I only wish I had the talent that some photographers have that can shoot with a piece of s--- and turn out works of art. All the gear in the world doesn't make you good which I see you have quite a lot of.

arrr
Regular MemberPosts: 439Gear list
Like?
XT1 is a Downgrade...

I almost purchased the XT1 over the D610 a few months ago. Video is very important to me so ultimately the Fuji was a no-go since Fuji video is among the worst. I really wanted the 56mm f1.2.... what a gem. Maybe Nikon will offer something simular some day for DX.

Beautiful photos btw.

arrr's gear list:arrr's gear list
Nikon D3200 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF +7 more
arrr
Regular MemberPosts: 439Gear list
Like?

Gradybaby wrote:

SeymourButts wrote:

Gradybaby wrote:

turbsy wrote:

Gradybaby wrote:

With a name like Butts I would be careful what you say on the web it could come back to bite you where the sun doesn't shine. How about posting a few of your works of art for the world to see. Besides the XT1 is built as good an many of the top of the line DSLR read the reviews and weep. While your at it take a look at the DpReview of the camera Gold award and an 84 not bad for a plastic camera. But I guess you know better.

Correct me if I am wrong but the XT1 has a full magnesium alloy frame.

the DF has more plastic- The entire front plate, same as the D610.

arrr's gear list:arrr's gear list
Nikon D3200 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF +7 more
Gradybaby
Like?
In reply to arrr, 6 months ago

Gradybaby wrote:

SeymourButts wrote:

Gradybaby wrote:

turbsy wrote:

Gradybaby wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong but the XT1 has a full magnesium alloy frame.

the DF has more plastic- The entire front plate, same as the D610.

That's correct a full magnesium battery. Solid as a rock and absolutely amazing lens line up.

Nexu1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,876
Like?

Gradybaby wrote:

There's nothing in these two photos that couldn't be done with smaller, lighter MFT gear.  Or cheaper Nikon DX gear.

4x5 Guy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,125
Like?

Gradybaby wrote:

Do you not understand that this is a Nikon forum? You have always posted with arrogance and conceit. Obvioulsy that continues.

ekaton
Regular MemberPosts: 404Gear list
Like?

The XT1 & 56mm are nice. But I prefer the Df with the humble inexpensive 1.8 85mm D (I have both combos). The weight difference between XT1 and Df is about 300 gram for the body. Comparable lenses weight about the same Fuji 1.4 35mm versus Nikon 1.8 50 G, Fuji 18-55mm versus Nikor 24-85mm VR etc. The Df sensor, AF, performance (turning a XT1 on or waking it up from sleep take an eternity), OVF smoke the XT1. The Df costs more than the Fuji, but comparable Nikon lenses are a bargain.

ekaton's gear list:ekaton's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma DP2 Quattro Leica M9 Nikon Df
tommiejeep
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,857
Like?
So, you get 2 hits and no likes...

in a week on the Fuji Forum (55-200 thread) so just Flame a Nikon Forum.... par for the course.

Have a good day

-- hide signature --

Anticipate the Light and wing it when you get it wrong
Tom
http://taja.smugmug.com/

resident
Senior MemberPosts: 1,371Gear list
Like?

Nice shots.

I too added the x-t1 23 and 56 o my current Nikons.

As nice as the Fuji is and I use it for my kids and everyday shots it's no where near a D800 and a 85mm or the Zeiss 135mm IMO. If you want quality you can't go past them

-- hide signature --

badui bourizk
ararat.photography
www.studio102.net/gallery

resident's gear list:resident's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads