Size campare X-T1 vs 5dmkii

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
twan
Senior MemberPosts: 2,263Gear list
Like?
Size campare X-T1 vs 5dmkii
7 months ago

Does anyone has pictures on which both cameras are visible? For ex with the 18-55 on the fuji and the 24-105 on the canon? Im curious about the size difference but no camerashop in my area delivers fuji x-mount cameras so i can only order it from an internet shop. Would me great if i could get an idea because i want a smaller and lighter camera.

thx

twan's gear list:twan's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +1 more
Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
aekn
Regular MemberPosts: 399
Like?
Re: Size campare X-T1 vs 5dmkii
In reply to twan, 7 months ago

I don't know about a comparison with lenses, but go to camerasize .com to see the cameras side by side.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Travelshooter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,475Gear list
Like?
In reply to aekn, 7 months ago

Had 5D2 and 24-105, which may be the most hohum L glass. Fuji 18-55 is sharper. Have XP1 now, probably 2/3 the size and half the weight or less. On the longer glass size much lighter but not quite as sharp.

-- hide signature --

www.MartinDareff.com

Travelshooter's gear list:Travelshooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Canon PowerShot G7 X Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 +14 more
Mr Gadget
Senior MemberPosts: 1,860
Like?

twan wrote:

Does anyone has pictures on which both cameras are visible? For ex with the 18-55 on the fuji and the 24-105 on the canon? Im curious about the size difference but no camerashop in my area delivers fuji x-mount cameras so i can only order it from an internet shop. Would me great if i could get an idea because i want a smaller and lighter camera.

thx

This DPReview comparison may help

http://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/side-by-side?products=fujifilm_xt1&products=canon_eos5dmkii&sortDir=ascending

Body only -

X-T1 weighs 440g vs 5dmkII at 850g

X-T1 is 129 x 90 x 47 mm vs 5dmkII at 152 x 114 x 75 mm

18-55 weighs 310g vs 24-105 weighs 670g

18-55 is 65mm x 70mm vs 24-105 at 84mm x 104mm

All in all, I would say that the X-T1 18-55 is about half the size of the Cannon 8-)

It is definitely much smaller and lighter!

-- hide signature --

Conrad
---------------------------------------------------
Show Low, Arizona

jack Hoggard
Contributing MemberPosts: 825Gear list
Like?
 jack Hoggard's gear list:jack Hoggard's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Nexus 7 +1 more
yardcoyote
Senior MemberPosts: 2,963Gear list
Like?
In reply to jack Hoggard, 7 months ago

I really must say, holy cats.  I have shot a frame or two with a Canon 5D mk1 (the cherished pet of an artist friend), and I've handled an X-T1, and yeah, the Canon is lots bigger, but the difference in this photograph is impressive.

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +2 more
twan
Like?
In reply to yardcoyote, 7 months ago

In which terms?

Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +1 more
twan
Like?
In reply to jack Hoggard, 7 months ago

Wow i never heard of that site but its what i need.

thanks

twan
Like?
Clayton1985
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,052
Like?
In reply to yardcoyote, 7 months ago

yardcoyote wrote:

I really must say, holy cats. I have shot a frame or two with a Canon 5D mk1 (the cherished pet of an artist friend), and I've handled an X-T1, and yeah, the Canon is lots bigger, but the difference in this photograph is impressive.

And you could make a case for comparing the Fuji 18-55 to the Canon 24-70 f4 too

http://camerasize.com/compact/#192.367,520.359,gd,t

helmus
Regular MemberPosts: 376Gear list
Like?

Another compare:

2000 Gramm vs 800 Gramm weight

helmus's gear list:helmus's gear list
Ricoh GR Canon EOS 5D Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 +17 more
twan
Like?
In reply to helmus, 7 months ago

Woq.. and almost the same iq if the reviews als right...

ideal for my backpacking trip

yardcoyote
Like?

I think in thickness particularly.  Obviously the shape is different, but the thinness of the Fuji is amazing to me.  In hand it feels very much like a film SLR (again, to me) and not like a DSLR at all.  I like my DSLR, don't get me wrong, and wouldn't turn down a refurb 5D or 6D if I could find one I could afford, but the Fuji takes me straight back to my roots.  It feels just like a "real camera" and the thinness is what does it.

Fujifilm X10 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +2 more
slerman
Regular MemberPosts: 182
Like?

twan wrote:

thx

5D MKIII 85mm 1.2 compared to the X-T1 with its equivalent.

yardcoyote
Like?
In reply to Clayton1985, 7 months ago

Couldn't prove it by me-- my few experiences with the big Canon were with a fast fifty and the 85mm f/1.8 (I assume-- it was a fairly compact 85) and when I handled the X-T1 I asked for the 35 mm prime as soon as I took a look through the viewfinder.  I liked the camera instantly and didn't want to waste a minute of my time with it trying out a zoom I knew I wasn't likely to ever own.

I have heard it's a nice lens, though, and I have nothing against it-- just not my thing.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads