KR doesn't like Sony anymore... Locked

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
This thread is locked.
hlecter666
Regular MemberPosts: 123Gear list
KR doesn't like Sony anymore...
7 months ago

"I wouldn't buy one of these Sonys, I'd step up to a real Canon or Nikon DSLR for better color rendition, higher real speeds and better overall handing, for less money. Honest, I greatly prefer the less expensive Canon SL1 or Nikon D3300 over any of the Sonys. The Sonys are flashy and loaded with foolish features, while real cameras are better at doing what we really need them to do: just take the picture — and Nikon's and Canon's 18-55mm lenses are much better then the Sony equivalents.

For the same price (or a little less) than the A77 Mk II, you can get a Nikon D7100 or Canon 70D, either of which are worlds beyond anything from Sony."

hlecter666's gear list:hlecter666's gear list
Leica D-LUX 5 Sony SLT-A77 Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II PZD Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +3 more
Canon EOS 100D (EOS Rebel SL1) Canon EOS 70D Nikon D3300 Nikon D7100 Pentax K-r Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Tapper123
Senior MemberPosts: 1,172Gear list
KR is trolling for site hits, nothing more or less
In reply to hlecter666, 7 months ago

hlecter666 wrote:

"I wouldn't buy one of these Sonys, I'd step up to a real Canon or Nikon DSLR for better color rendition, higher real speeds and better overall handing, for less money. Honest, I greatly prefer the less expensive Canon SL1 or Nikon D3300 over any of the Sonys. The Sonys are flashy and loaded with foolish features, while real cameras are better at doing what we really need them to do: just take the picture — and Nikon's and Canon's 18-55mm lenses are much better then the Sony equivalents.

For the same price (or a little less) than the A77 Mk II, you can get a Nikon D7100 or Canon 70D, either of which are worlds beyond anything from Sony."

How exactly are they "worlds beyond?"

No one has fully evaluated the A77II's IQ or new focus system yet. So IMO it's way too soon to really compare them to competitors anyway.

Ken Rockwell is just trolling for hits, as always.

Tapper123's gear list:Tapper123's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony Alpha NEX-F3 +2 more
sybersitizen
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,827
Re: KR doesn't like Sony anymore...

... and nobody cares.

Rockwell shows varying degrees of idiocy all the time with stuff like this quote: '"Reflex" means a mirror that reflects the live optical lens image to an optical screen for viewing and flips out of the way to take the image...' Anyone who claims photography knowledge should understand it does not mean that at all, if based only on the existence of twin-lens reflex cameras. In photography the word reflex is simply about reflecting.

Stflbn
Senior MemberPosts: 1,429Gear list

If Sony was buying advertising from KR,  or giving him gear he'd be much more open to giving them positive reviews.

I don't even go there anymore.  His recent statements about shooting JPEG and low resolution / budget camera's are just dangerous to new photographers.

-- hide signature --

Sony A99 | A77
Sigma 24-70 2.8 | 50 1.4 | 150 Macro
Tamron 70-200 2.8 USD
Sony 70-400 G
Vivitar 35 1.4 | 85 1.4

Stflbn's gear list:Stflbn's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS +5 more
JamieTux
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,821Gear list

I was surprised to find his name mentioned on here instead first place, I thought he bled Nikon!

I think the last review I read was for the fujifilm s5 pro...

JamieTux's gear list:JamieTux's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +12 more
StillLearning
Senior MemberPosts: 2,407
Wouldn't be concerned with KR

He is a flavor of the week type person. If he likes vanilla then that's the best flavor there ever was. Then next he likes chocolate then that's the best flavor there ever was. You get the picture. Best if he ignores you because he's a thorn in the side to nikon and canon forums.

splashy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,482Gear list
Re: Wouldn't be concerned with KR
In reply to StillLearning, 7 months ago

And why is that important??

Most of those opinions are made because they are sponsored.

splashy's gear list:splashy's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Sony a77 II Sony 50mm F1.4 Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +2 more
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,977Gear list
Poor soul...

He appears threatened by Sony.

Keep it up, Sony.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
havoc315
Senior MemberPosts: 1,782Gear list

Ironically, he loved the a99. And has made conflicting statements about the a7.

But if the a99 is so great, how can he turn around and say a77ii is so horrible?
They are very similar cameras apart from the sensor size.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/havoc315/

havoc315's gear list:havoc315's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR +2 more
K E Hoffman
Senior MemberPosts: 3,570Gear list

hlecter666 wrote:

KR.. BAAAAA HAAAAAA HAAAAAA

Sounds like KR maybe got a solid sponsorship from Canikon considering he never picked up the camera before saying this.

What real features you mean support for ALL of your mounts AF lenses unlike in the lower end Nikon 3100.

Or better Sensor DR than the Canon..

Not sure what kind of REAL photography KR is doing but let me summarize

BAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAA

Note is front page has nothing about Sony in navigation.. his post on the a77II is the lowest of ignorant fanboy talk... there is a reason Fanboy Rockwell has not comment section on his blog that I can find..

But that didn't stop him from linking to sites where you can buy the new Sony and he gets a piece of the action from the link

-- hide signature --

K.E.H. >> Shooting between raindrops in WA<<
Don't Panic!.. these are just opinions... go take some pictures..

K E Hoffman's gear list:K E Hoffman's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Nikon 1 J1 Sony a77 II Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony 100mm F2.8 Macro +5 more
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,977Gear list
In reply to havoc315, 7 months ago

But if the a99 is so great, how can he turn around and say a77ii is so horrible?
--

Sounds like a payraise from DSLRdom to the shepherd

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
GingerSix
Forum MemberPosts: 81Gear list

Saying things like this is easy, it requires no knowledge, no evidence, no logic even no brain.

Anybody can say this to Canikon too, pointless...

GingerSix's gear list:GingerSix's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +1 more
K E Hoffman
Re: Poor soul...
In reply to EinsteinsGhost, 7 months ago

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

He appears threatened by Sony.

Keep it up, Sony.

No comments section either I wonder why..

Ken Rockwell seems to be a mercenary.. I wonder if Sony stopped paying a sponsorship and he is mad

-- hide signature --

Canon EOS 450D Nikon 1 J1 Sony a77 II Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony 100mm F2.8 Macro +5 more
K E Hoffman
In reply to havoc315, 7 months ago

havoc315 wrote:

--

KR has a "healthy" Ego and is running a business.

I would assume

A) Sony stopped buying adds

B) Sony refused to give him advanced review samples.. so he is a hurt boy now.

-- hide signature --

zubs
Regular MemberPosts: 406Gear list
In reply to K E Hoffman, 7 months ago

Big boy gonna cry in the Canon corner. Sony are a threat. .
--
Keep It snappy

zubs's gear list:zubs's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Samsung Galaxy S III +2 more
RoxanneY
Contributing MemberPosts: 563Gear list

I was going to ask who KR was.  After reading the replies here I guess I don't need to know. 

-- hide signature --

Don't focus on exceptional photography focus on exceptional subjects to photograph. -Bill

tqlla
Senior MemberPosts: 1,808Gear list
In reply to RoxanneY, 7 months ago

I thought Ken Rockell was a Nikon guy.

tqlla's gear list:tqlla's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99 NEX5R Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +11 more
WildBill in MN
Junior MemberPosts: 47Gear list
Re: KR is trolling for site hits, nothing more or less
In reply to Tapper123, 7 months ago

Tapper123 wrote:

Ken Rockwell is just trolling for hits, as always.

I'm wondering why I would value the opinion of a clueless hack enough to visit his website again.

Ron Poelman
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,314Gear list
Geez, he's going bad if he has to troll Sony for hits....

that little gem should get him at least, um, 10 hits ?

Ron Poelman's gear list:Ron Poelman's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony SLT-A57 Sony Alpha 7R
tbcass
Forum ProPosts: 18,952Gear list
KR is an idiot

KR doesn't like anything but Canon or Nikon. He knows very little about cameras and doesn't even use the cameras. He is IMO a complete joke. I refuse to read anything on his site because it is complete BS.

-- hide signature --

Tom
Look at the picture, not the pixels
------------
Miss use of the ability to do 100% pixel peeping is the bane of digital photography because it causes people to fret over inconsequential issues.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/63683676@N07/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25301400@N00/

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads