****PHOTO OF THE WEEK-2 May 2014-8 May 2014****

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
jimoyer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,616Gear list
Like?
****PHOTO OF THE WEEK-2 May 2014-8 May 2014****
2 months ago

REMINDER: We have 5 votes each, please vote for your 5 favorite photos.

GUIDELINES:

• Post one (1) photo per participant.
  • Categories: anything you wish - landscapes, portraits, birds, sports, abstract, your choice.
  • Your photo must be no older than 2 weeks from the date you submitted it. (* see explanation below)
  • Use any Nikon DX or FX camera.
  • This thread ends one week from the start at 12:00 PM Pacific Time (-8 GMT).
  • Next tread begins a few hours later

VOTING: Please remember to vote.

• Vote for your 5 favourites by clicking the “Like” button beside the photos.
  • Voting begins anytime, ends one week from the start at 12:00 PM Pacific Time (-8 GMT)
  • Anyone may vote, even if you didn't post an image.

IMPORTANT NOTICE - Please read the 2 items below and follow the instructions - thanks.

1. Please reply to the first(original) post and please replace the subject title with the title of your photograph.
  2. When you make a comment please do not re-post the person’s photo so that we don’t end up with multiple copies of the same image, it makes voting confusing.

OBJECTIVES:

The main objective of this event is to get people taking photos on a weekly basis and sharing their single best shot of the week with the rest of us, all in a spirit of light-hearted fun. It’s hoped that participation in this thread will foster community building among the participants, plus motivate us to keep improving our photography skills ranging from creative imagining, to shooting, to processing. The weekly voting is not intended to make this into a highly competitive “contest”, but to provide a sufficient level of motivation to maintain interest over the long term. If you have any questions they were probably addressed in the original discussion thread which you can find at this link:http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3479611

* EXPLANATION for eligible dates of photos:

Why a 2-week period for photos? I received some emails lately saying that a one week period was not long enough to find a subject and to do a good job on the shooting, processing and selection, they feel too rushed. Since the main objective of this challenge is to get us out taking photos on a regular basis rather than just posting old photos from our archives, there's no real difference between one week old photos and two week old photos, they're all new and fresh. Hopefully, this will give those who felt rushed a little more time to relax, enjoy and participate

jimoyer's gear list:jimoyer's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D200 Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 +12 more
Iain G Foulds
Senior MemberPosts: 1,014
Like?
Baby Squirrel
In reply to jimoyer, 2 months ago

D7100 70-200 2.8 VR1... 100% crop

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Chuck_FL
Regular MemberPosts: 249
Like?
A Osprey in flight

Leaving FL and seeking "Rudy" in Ontario... 

Also another one, but of course if you vote, only the first one is submitted for the vote.

A Osprey on the "hunt"

Damnerd
Contributing MemberPosts: 548Gear list
Like?
The Quails

all dressed and stepping out to dinner.

Don M
Destiny aids and helps along those who recognize her. The blind she drags.

Damnerd's gear list:Damnerd's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +3 more
1971_M5
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,846Gear list
Like?
Surf Fishing

Ocean Shores (Washington Coast).  It was a beautiful day with only intermittent showers.  I didn't even notice the ship entering Grays Harbor when the picture was taken (my eyesight is getting worse by the minute)...

Ocesn Shores, WA

1971_M5's gear list:1971_M5's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF +2 more
jomike
Regular MemberPosts: 230
Like?
Green Huntsman spider

This Green huntsman was able to catch its prey despite having two legs missing.

Green Huntsman Spider with prey.

Chuvarsky
Regular MemberPosts: 342Gear list
Like?
Egret in the wetlands

-- hide signature --

Dick

Chuvarsky's gear list:Chuvarsky's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM +3 more
Brev00
Senior MemberPosts: 5,512Gear list
Like?
Burnin' For You

I'm livin' for givin' the Devil his due.

Lyrics by Blue Oyster Cult

Photo by Brev00

Brev00's gear list:Brev00's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +2 more
David A. Hamments
Senior MemberPosts: 1,214Gear list
Like?
Storm in the Distance

This storm hit shore about one hour after my stroll...

Back Beach, Bunbury, WA (Western Australia)

Cheers and good light, D. Hamments
My Flickr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dhamments2013/

David A. Hamments's gear list:David A. Hamments's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +16 more
Chuck_FL
Regular MemberPosts: 249
Like?
Re: Storm in the Distance
In reply to David A. Hamments, 2 months ago

Cool shot David. I hope to visit there sometime in my life. Just won't like the flying time... LOL.

Cheers to down under...

Say Hi to the Kangaroos for me. Such wonderful stuff you guys have there, but I think all parts of the world offer wonderful things. It amazes me all the wonderful creatures and the world (earth in general, trees, mountains, oceans, lakes, deserts, etc. - need to keep list short...) at what it offers us all. So much beauty. You just sometimes have to look and not be trapped in the little world that sometimes we live in.

Chuck

David A. Hamments
Like?
In reply to Chuck_FL, 2 months ago

Chuck_FL wrote:

Cool shot David. I hope to visit there sometime in my life. Just won't like the flying time... LOL.

Cheers to down under...

Say Hi to the Kangaroos for me. Such wonderful stuff you guys have there, but I think all parts of the world offer wonderful things. It amazes me all the wonderful creatures and the world (earth in general, trees, mountains, oceans, lakes, deserts, etc. - need to keep list short...) at what it offers us all. So much beauty. You just sometimes have to look and not be trapped in the little world that sometimes we live in.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck!   Everyone should try to visit "Oz"... it's truly an amazing place!  The flying time, although daunting (especially to Western Australia), can be broken up with stop-overs in Hawaii etc...  With a daughter in Canada, and one in New Zealand, my wife and I have been "hemisphere hopping" for the past 8 years and gotten used to the long flight (but still don't relish it).

Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +16 more
tommiejeep
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,705
Like?
Dance routine with foul...

Just for fun. Shot a soccer match using Df/80-400 afs and D610 /70-200vrII. Early in the match (5:15PM kickoff) the D610 had some at iso 900 but most were between 1600-3200 and at the end 6400. Just for fun and something different here

Still learning PP for the Df. I will probably use the D3S/300 2.8 w/TC and Df/70-200vrII for the next match   If they went back to 3:30 PM kickoffs I would use the D7100 for the first half .

-- hide signature --

Anticipate the Light and wing it when you get it wrong
Tom
http://taja.smugmug.com/

intruder61
Senior MemberPosts: 2,576Gear list
Like?
In reply to David A. Hamments, 2 months ago

very nice indeed.

tomface
Regular MemberPosts: 124Gear list
Like?
Silent flight

tomface's gear list:tomface's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
JoeNap2
Contributing MemberPosts: 845Gear list
Like?
Spring in the Garden

Nikon D7000 w/60mm micro

JoeNap2's gear list:JoeNap2's gear list
Samsung L74 Wide Olympus E-500 Nikon D7000
cambau
Regular MemberPosts: 217
Like?
lakeside

fordie
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Bike race

chasing down the break

asked by a local club to take some photographs for them during a recent road race.

nikon d7100 nikon 180mm f2.8

john.

David A. Hamments
Like?
Re: Bike race
In reply to fordie, 2 months ago

I really like this one Fordie!  My daughter rides competitively and I know how hard it is to catch a shot like this....

David A. Hamments
Like?
Re: Burnin' For You
In reply to Brev00, 2 months ago

Lovely capture Laurence!  I find it so hard not to blow out the reds..... you've done a masterful job of keeping them under control.  Visually very appealing...

David A. Hamments
Like?
Re: Dance routine with foul...
In reply to tommiejeep, 2 months ago

Perfect timing tommiejeep!  I'm thinking of upgrading my D700 to a DF, especially for using my collection of old lenses.... you're making it very hard for me to control my GAS!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads