What Will Price Of X-E1 With 18-55 Be In 2 Months?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
mdb1986
Regular MemberPosts: 113Gear list
Like?
What Will Price Of X-E1 With 18-55 Be In 2 Months?
5 months ago

Debating on getting it now vs waiting?  Just dropped $100, and I'm wondering how much it will drop in the next few months?  Seems Fuji is putting out a lot of new stuff and it may drop even more significantly soon?

mdb1986's gear list:mdb1986's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS M Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Marcos Villaroman
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,250Gear list
Like?
Re: What Will Price Of X-E1 With 18-55 Be In 2 Months?
In reply to mdb1986, 5 months ago

mdb1986 wrote:

Debating on getting it now vs waiting? Just dropped $100, and I'm wondering how much it will drop in the next few months? Seems Fuji is putting out a lot of new stuff and it may drop even more significantly soon?

Are there going to be any X-E1s left in stock in a couple of months?

Given how close the X-E2 release was to the X-E1's, I wondered how many X-E1s were actually produced.  The X-E1 sales pricing interferes with the X-M1 at that price point; I don't see Fuji keeping this going for long.

In my case, I considered how low the used X-E1 bodies could go and decided to pull the trigger on one for $350.

Marcos Villaroman's gear list:Marcos Villaroman's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +39 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Ed B
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,063
Like?

mdb1986 wrote:

Debating on getting it now vs waiting? Just dropped $100, and I'm wondering how much it will drop in the next few months? Seems Fuji is putting out a lot of new stuff and it may drop even more significantly soon?

Who knows?

It's already less than some point & shoot cameras.

When you come right down to it, it's a shame that it's so cheap but that's just the way the consumer electronics world works and new digital cameras are way overpriced to start with.

Someday I'll own an X-Pro2 but that day won't come until there's an X-Pro3 announced or I can buy someone's "mistake" on the used market. 

Personally, if I was looking for an X-E1, I'd get one now before all the old/new stock is gone. Sooner or later, dealers are going to be out of them.

mdb1986
Like?
In reply to Ed B, 5 months ago

Yeah, my guess is many people who paid a premium a few months ago are really motivated to sell now, since the price is dropping.  I expect that will continue to push prices down.  Similar thing happened to the Nex6.  Values have fallen off the face of the earth in less than a year.

wyldberi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,667Gear list
Like?

mdb1986 wrote:

Seeing how that $100 price drop puts the X-E1 + 18-55mm at $699, which happens to be the price of the 18-55mm all by itself, how far do you expect the price of a free camera body to go before you're willing to buy one?

Last year I paid $1,399 for the same "kit." I could have saved a lot of cash if I'd have waited until now -- but I'm glad I didn't wait.

The price is low because they're pushing the last of the remaining stock out the door. If you want one, you'd better grab one while they're still available.

davidge
Forum MemberPosts: 90
Like?
In reply to wyldberi, 5 months ago

On th Fuji UK website special X series offers, they are selling the X_E1 + XF 18-55 + XC 50-230 for £629.99. If my calculations are correct based on the lens prices, this deal means the Fuji are actually paying you £100 to buy the X-E1 - i.e. it is cheaper than free...

mdb1986
Like?
In reply to davidge, 5 months ago

davidge wrote:

On th Fuji UK website special X series offers, they are selling the X_E1 + XF 18-55 + XC 50-230 for £629.99. If my calculations are correct based on the lens prices, this deal means the Fuji are actually paying you £100 to buy the X-E1 - i.e. it is cheaper than free...

Haha - you actually subtract VAT, so 19% off that if you're not from the EU.  Unfortunately, they WON'T ship to the USA!

bs1946
Contributing MemberPosts: 547Gear list
Like?

Last Sunday, I ordered a new Black X-E1 body from Adorama for $499 to replace the X-A1 and XC 16-50mm lens I just sold. They threw in the external grip for free along with some Sandisk memory vault thing. They supposedly had 10 X-E1 bodies left when I placed the order. At the time, there was no price-drop on the kit with the zoom and no one else was offering the X-E1 body for $499.

Then sometime during the week, B&H dropped their X-E1 body price to $499 also. However, B&H kept the kit price at $699 where it has been all along.

I just looked at both sites, B&H is still offering the X-E1 body for $499 and the kit for $699. B&H has also raised the prices on the X_M1 and The X-A1. Now Adorama has raised their price for the X-E1 body back to $599 and the kit to $799.

I think Adorama was probably over-stocked on X-E1 bodies; so they cut the price for a week. B&H probably felt compelled to match them. If you want an X-E1 body, grab it before their price goes up again.

bs1946's gear list:bs1946's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-3 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN +5 more
Patrick T. Kelly
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,058Gear list
Like?

mdb1986 wrote:

Yeah, my guess is many people who paid a premium a few months ago are really motivated to sell now, since the price is dropping. I expect that will continue to push prices down. Similar thing happened to the Nex6. Values have fallen off the face of the earth in less than a year.

I doubt there's many people that stupid. I paid a fair price for my X-E1, it does an excellent job for me, so why would I sell it?

-- hide signature --

Patrick T. Kelly
Oaxaca, Mexico

Jack Bishop
Contributing MemberPosts: 548
Like?

B?H shows the X-E1 and 18-55 kit in silver to be discontinued.

ryan2007
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,875Gear list
Like?

mdb1986 wrote:

The XE-1 will drop off the map is where the price will be.  The camera will be discontinued and you'll have to find it used.

In two years time the XT-1 will be a $600 body as well.  Same cycle.

BillyInya
Senior MemberPosts: 1,316Gear list
Like?

My feeling it you may not be able to get the X-E1 brand new in the not too distant future.

With some purists now seeing the image quality advantage of the X-E1 over the X-E2 this has created a second-wind for the X-E1. I've already purchased my second X-E1 at half the price I bought my first and I am seriously thinking about getting a third.

My advice - if you are thinking about getting one you better act promptly.

BillyInya's gear list:BillyInya's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D7000 Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 (IF) DX Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +8 more
wyldberi
Like?

davidge wrote:

Sal18
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,151Gear list
Like?
In reply to BillyInya, 5 months ago

With prices so low, many people who would ordinarily sell their E1s because they bought the T1 are just going to keep them. I know that prices have dropped so much I'm not willing to sell mine now. This will reduce the number of them on the second hand market. I can use it for back up, or carry two little little cameras with different lenses.

Sal

Sal18's gear list:Sal18's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1
Les Lammers
Senior MemberPosts: 2,207Gear list
Like?
In reply to Ed B, 5 months ago

Ed B wrote:

mdb1986 wrote:

Who knows?

It's already less than some point & shoot cameras.

When you come right down to it, it's a shame that it's so cheap but that's just the way the consumer electronics world works and new digital cameras are way overpriced to start with.

Someday I'll own an X-Pro2 but that day won't come until there's an X-Pro3 announced or I can buy someone's "mistake" on the used market.

Personally, if I was looking for an X-E1, I'd get one now before all the old/new stock is gone. Sooner or later, dealers are going to be out of them.

+1 Snooze and you may lose.

Les Lammers's gear list:Les Lammers's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +2 more
wyldberi
Like?
In reply to Sal18, 5 months ago

Sal18 wrote:

With prices so low, many people who would ordinarily sell their E1s because they bought the T1 are just going to keep them. I know that prices have dropped so much I'm not willing to sell mine now. This will reduce the number of them on the second hand market. I can use it for back up, or carry two little little cameras with different lenses.

Sal

That's what happened to me. I was going to sell my X-E1 that was less than 9 months old without a scratch on it to help pay for an X-E2 when those came out. When I turned around to do the deal, so many other Owners were doing the same thing I couldn't see giving my X-E1 away at the going market rate. So I kept it, continued saving cash to buy the X-E2, and decided I'd have the X-E1 converted into an dual-spectrum infrared body once the X-E2 body arrived.

As it turned out, I spent the new pile of cash intended for the X-E2 on new Fuji lenses. Now, I'm starting to save for an X-Pro2. What the heck, I might just pick up an X-E1 kit, send to new free body for the IR conversion, and sell the XF 18-55mm to pay for the conversion and needed filters.

I think the end result will be that the price of X-E1's begin to rise; and those who had the cash to invest will begin selling them on e-bay for a profit.

BlueJakester
Senior MemberPosts: 1,713Gear list
Like?
In reply to wyldberi, 5 months ago

As of today B&H is showing the X-E1 as discontinued.

BlueJakester's gear list:BlueJakester's gear list
Nikon D5200 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads