* Wed C&C No Theme Thread #313 14 04 30 *

Started 5 months ago | Photos
19andrew47
Forum ProPosts: 12,492Gear list
Like?
Re: Fresh Springrolls
In reply to joeletx, 4 months ago

The colour and exposure of the back bales could be brought up somewhat using the local adjustment brush in LR or by other means.  That would change the look slightly.  The title is apt!   Roel's suggestion of a closer take is a good one to try.

Haven't seen any cut here yet as the growing season is just beginning.  This works well as a monochrome image as well, but there you can't tell if it is spring or fall.  I have taken a number of shots of hay bales/rolls over the years but they never really come out the way I imagine them.

Andrew

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
yyr
yyr
Senior MemberPosts: 2,583
Like?
Re: Dandelion
In reply to Zindanfel, 4 months ago

Zindanfel wrote:

A dandelion will not be denied; no way you could nottake the shot.

-- hide signature --

Zin

That is a great insight. Thank you Zin.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

yyr
yyr
Senior MemberPosts: 2,583
Like?
Re: Dandelion
In reply to 19andrew47, 4 months ago

19andrew47 wrote:

You did a nice job with the mono conversion. The composition is good as well.

In the near future we will have acres of them for me to cut and when they go to seed the chutes clog the air intake system creating a minor hassle. They do look pretty though.

Andrew

Thanks for your comments Andrew. It's always fun to try something new and I never thought of them as pretty before.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

19andrew47
Forum ProPosts: 12,492Gear list
Like?
Re: Checking Out the Rays
In reply to CharlesB58, 4 months ago

A great pose Charles and the main subject is well composed in the frame.  I won't comment on the processing other than having glanced through the work of the people you site as inspirations for this I don't really see the connection with the processing choices.  That may be because the works I looked at may not be representative of the bodies of works of these artists.  The web is fickle in protecting dead artists while offering little in protection for the non famous ones!  I checked your web sites hoping to see others in this series that might be available for viewing to look for similarities but I didn't find a gallery labeled as such.

Projects are good for us all and provide an inducement to go out and shoot to a style or content.  Looking forward to seeing more of this project to see the direction.

Andrew

CharlesB58
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,717
Like?
Re: Checking Out the Rays
In reply to 19andrew47, 4 months ago

Andrew, Smith, Arbus and Winogrand are influences as far as subject matter and composition are concermed, as are Rockwell and Wyeth to a lesser extent. The two painters have a way of expressing color and texture I like, but as for processing itself, I'm playing around with emulating the various ways bromoil prints look.
--
If, in my lifetime, I will have produced just one image that makes a real difference in the life of another, I will have achieved my highest goal as a photographer.

http://eyeguessphotography.com

http://livegigshots.com

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads