Started 4 months ago | Discussions
Daedalus2000
Senior MemberPosts: 4,088
Like?
Re: So, Steve Huff is not buying a Leica T
In reply to jimboyvr, 3 months ago

jimboyvr wrote:

meagre offerings wrote:

with threads like this one, this forum will slowly morph into the likes of the fuji, canon and the nikon dslr forums.

best

pc

Let's hope so; Leica has been the habitat of the rich for too long.

Yes, rich in genuine interest about photography, rich in creativity, rich in skill (some at least), rich in kindness, etc etc

All of the above come from the person, not from the camera they hold, but that is what you will find here... Whoever will stick around after the Leica T storm will see that.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
quadraticadder
Regular MemberPosts: 158Gear list
Like?
He is buying a T.
In reply to Daedalus2000, 3 months ago

Yes, rich in genuine interest about photography, rich in creativity, rich in skill (some at least), rich in kindness, etc etc

All of the above come from the person, not from the camera they hold, but that is what you will find here... Whoever will stick around after the Leica T storm will see that.

I just read on his page that Steve Huff definitely bought a T. Its in the same article where he states that Leica did not tell him that they rely on optical correction alone.  Not that it matters to me whether he bought one. I appreciate his reviews and enthusiasm for photography no matter what camera he uses or owns. I always read his site.

I have never seen the remotest hint of rich snobbery in this forum. The Leica owners on this forum are anything but snobby.  They are as you said, genuinely interested in photography, etc.

Best,

Steve

quadraticadder's gear list:quadraticadder's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Leica Summarit-M 50mm f/2.5
RaajS
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,988Gear list
Like?
In reply to Daedalus2000, 3 months ago

Daedalus2000 wrote:

jimboyvr wrote:

meagre offerings wrote:

with threads like this one, this forum will slowly morph into the likes of the fuji, canon and the nikon dslr forums.

best

pc

Let's hope so; Leica has been the habitat of the rich for too long.

Jim,

How about just plain "rich"?

I don't understand why "rich" is so wrong and people have to apologize for being "rich" and to be tarred and feathered by clowns like you for being able to afford their passions.  If you can't afford a Leica, get off your duff and do something about it.  And if you can't, get used to the fact that you can't afford some things in life.   President Obama ain't gonna gift you Leicas (if you're in the US).  Though I'm sure he's trying.   And if you don't understand that "rich" is a state of mind, then find some place on the planet that still believes in Communism and see how that suits you.

-- hide signature --

'Change is not Mandatory, you don't have to Survive...'
SeekingLight.net

mcshan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,313
Like?
In reply to nplanet, 3 months ago

I wonder if his reviews are written by a "ghost writer"?

miro3
Senior MemberPosts: 1,833
Like?
In reply to mcshan, 3 months ago

mcshan wrote:

I wonder if his reviews are written by a "ghost writer"?

No, they are kind of sloppy.

He can do this kind of writing.

aston
Regular MemberPosts: 102
Like?
In reply to miro3, 3 months ago

WHO CARES WHAT STEVE HUFF BUYS

Charley Western Australia

miro3