I feel misled: Panasonic 20mm f1.7 II AF is SO SLOW!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 8,925Gear list
Like?
Re: 45 isn't THAT quick -- but the f2.5 14 IS!!!
In reply to NZ Scott, 4 months ago

NZ Scott wrote:

RickPick wrote:

You shouldn't expect A/F miracles from a 5 year old design pancake lens.

My f2.5 14mm Panny focuses at warp speed in all kinds of light. Focuses much fasrter rthan the f1. 45mm in many situations -- even ALL situations.

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard
Down and out in Rabaul in the South Pacific
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
hhcs
Forum MemberPosts: 77Gear list
Like?
Re: I feel misled: Panasonic 20mm f1.7 II AF is SO SLOW!
In reply to Lumixdude, 4 months ago

Lumixdude wrote:

Anyway, Micro Four Thirds justifies a lot of crappy lens widths, 15mm, 20mm, 75mm, what exactly are these? 30mm, 40mm and 150mm are just plain weird sizes.

Your prime lenses worth buying in terms of wide primes are the Olympus 12mm, and Panasonic 14mm in terms of normal primes you have the Olympus 17mm, PanaLeica 25mm and Olympus 25mm. Then you have the Olympus 45mm F/1.8 which is your 90mm portrait lens. You have the voightlander manual focus primes in between all of this, forget about the rest.

What a tool like answer.

hhcs's gear list:hhcs's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +1 more
jim stirling
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,711Gear list
Like?
In reply to Wesley Byrne, 4 months ago

Wesley Byrne wrote:

UPS just delivered my Panasonic 20mm f1.7 II. I had read the reviews and knew the Panasonic 20mm f1.7 autofocus wasn't fast, but I wasn't expecting it to be so unbearably slow. Some here have said that the 20mm f1.7 isn't that slow, and that it autofocuses about as fast as other m43 lenses when large focus adjustments are not needed, but they are wrong. This lens is useless for even slow moving subjects. I am definitely returning this lens.

I know the 20mm f1.7 has many fans, presumably folks who photograph static scenes. In my opinion, compared to the 17mm f1.8 and the 25mm f1.8, the 20mm f1.7 is a dog. Panasonic should be embarrassed for releasing this lens with barely-functional AF.

</end rant>

I have both models of this lens and have used them on the GF1, GX1,GH2,GH3 , E-M1 and GX7. Is it somewhat slower than other mFT lenses , yes in some scenarios.However for the vast amount of situations its AF speed is more than fast enough. One need only look at the thousands of images  taken with the lens to see that this is the case for most people.

To me it epitomizes mFT , tiny, with very good to excellent image quality, Due to living on my carry everywhere camera the 20mm is one of my most used lenses and overall i have been delighted with it. Honestly given the relativly large DOF of mFT and the AOV of the 20mm lenses just how many situations require sparkling AF speed.

jim stirling's gear list:jim stirling's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +13 more
Jeanadriane
Senior MemberPosts: 1,600Gear list
Like?
In reply to sproketholes, 4 months ago

sproketholes wrote:

The original 20/1.7 was definitely better for focus speed. I had it on a GF1 and yesterday I tried the mkII on a GH4 and was shocked at how terrible it is.

I'm surprised to read this, sproketholes! I have both the mkI and the mkII, I use them both as my main lenses and there's no way I can tell them apart for AF speed or IQ. I'm convinced the differences some people seem to find are just sample differences.

I also have the 17mm Oly. It's faster for sure and I do prefer the 35mm equivalent FL. But I like the IQ from the 20mm so much better that the 17mm is up for sale now. I absolutely agree the 17mm is a fine lens, it feels and looks great, it gives you nice images and it's "plenty" sharp. But more than "plenty" I want the extra shine and sparkle that the 20mm can give. Yup, choices like that are personal, and for the OP the 17mm might be the better choice.

The 17mm is a bit easier to use. After working with it for a certain time, I had to kind of re-adapt to the 20mm. For in low light (and sometimes even in stark sunlight), with lots of fast moving folks as your subject, you have to pay more attention to focusing, you may have to prefocus or zone focus, or make sure you quickly spot contrasty details to focus on, etc. In tricky light conditions and with fast moving people the 20mm often requires a bit more of technique and alertness. To me that's worth it. Fully. But again, it's a personal choice and for the OP maybe the 17mm or either of the 25mm lenses could be the better choice. Unless he decides to stick with the 20mm for a while and try to get more familiar with it, develop routines that help him get better focus.

Good luck and enjoy your photography!

Jeanette

-- hide signature --
 Jeanadriane's gear list:Jeanadriane's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +3 more
tt321
Senior MemberPosts: 3,316Gear list
Like?
In reply to jim stirling, 4 months ago

jim stirling wrote:

Wesley Byrne wrote:

UPS just delivered my Panasonic 20mm f1.7 II. I had read the reviews and knew the Panasonic 20mm f1.7 autofocus wasn't fast, but I wasn't expecting it to be so unbearably slow. Some here have said that the 20mm f1.7 isn't that slow, and that it autofocuses about as fast as other m43 lenses when large focus adjustments are not needed, but they are wrong. This lens is useless for even slow moving subjects. I am definitely returning this lens.

I know the 20mm f1.7 has many fans, presumably folks who photograph static scenes. In my opinion, compared to the 17mm f1.8 and the 25mm f1.8, the 20mm f1.7 is a dog. Panasonic should be embarrassed for releasing this lens with barely-functional AF.

</end rant>

I have both models of this lens and have used them on the GF1, GX1,GH2,GH3 , E-M1 and GX7. Is it somewhat slower than other mFT lenses , yes in some scenarios.However for the vast amount of situations its AF speed is more than fast enough. One need only look at the thousands of images taken with the lens to see that this is the case for most people.

To me it epitomizes mFT , tiny, with very good to excellent image quality, Due to living on my carry everywhere camera the 20mm is one of my most used lenses and overall i have been delighted with it. Honestly given the relativly large DOF of mFT and the AOV of the 20mm lenses just how many situations require sparkling AF speed.

Yes. But if you set the camera to not take a picture unless focus is confirmed, which means you don't alter the setting in most cases as this seems the default usually, the DoF does not help that much and you still have to wait until the camera is happy.

Also this is an excellent close up lens, and in close up situations the DoF is not that large, and the AF delay is quite apparent. It's mostly with people being unhappy with noticeable focus delay, even if this delay does not matter for the picture at all. The operator gets upset and the picture is lost

SunsetBk
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?

Wesley Byrne wrote:

</end rant>

I had the same experience.  By the time it focused my kids was out of the frame.  The 25mm 1.4 was the answer for me.  The extra speed made it even easier to focus.

Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 17,376Gear list
Like?
Re: 45 isn't THAT quick -- but the f2.5 14 IS!!!
In reply to Hen3ry, 4 months ago

Hen3ry wrote:

NZ Scott wrote:

RickPick wrote:

You shouldn't expect A/F miracles from a 5 year old design pancake lens.

My f2.5 14mm Panny focuses at warp speed in all kinds of light. Focuses much fasrter rthan the f1. 45mm in many situations -- even ALL situations.

That's certainly true if you shoot the two lenses at the same subject distance (and hence different magnification), for the simple reason that the tele has to move the lens elements more than the WA (starting at the same incorrect focus distance with both lenses).

If, instead, you shoot them at the same magnification (and different subject distance), the AF speed will be roughly the same since in this case the lens elements have to move about the same amount (again starting at the same incorrect focus distance with both lenses). The latter is also true if you start the AF process with both lenses already at the correct focus distance.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Anders W
Like?
In reply to Jeanadriane, 4 months ago

Jeanadriane wrote:

sproketholes wrote:

The original 20/1.7 was definitely better for focus speed. I had it on a GF1 and yesterday I tried the mkII on a GH4 and was shocked at how terrible it is.

I'm surprised to read this, sproketholes! I have both the mkI and the mkII, I use them both as my main lenses and there's no way I can tell them apart for AF speed or IQ. I'm convinced the differences some people seem to find are just sample differences.

You are certainly right about that. The design differences between Mk. I and Mk. II are purely cosmetic.

I also have the 17mm Oly. It's faster for sure and I do prefer the 35mm equivalent FL. But I like the IQ from the 20mm so much better that the 17mm is up for sale now. I absolutely agree the 17mm is a fine lens, it feels and looks great, it gives you nice images and it's "plenty" sharp. But more than "plenty" I want the extra shine and sparkle that the 20mm can give. Yup, choices like that are personal, and for the OP the 17mm might be the better choice.

The 17mm is a bit easier to use. After working with it for a certain time, I had to kind of re-adapt to the 20mm. For in low light (and sometimes even in stark sunlight), with lots of fast moving folks as your subject, you have to pay more attention to focusing, you may have to prefocus or zone focus, or make sure you quickly spot contrasty details to focus on, etc. In tricky light conditions and with fast moving people the 20mm often requires a bit more of technique and alertness. To me that's worth it. Fully. But again, it's a personal choice and for the OP maybe the 17mm or either of the 25mm lenses could be the better choice. Unless he decides to stick with the 20mm for a while and try to get more familiar with it, develop routines that help him get better focus.

Good luck and enjoy your photography!

Jeanette

-- hide signature --
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Anders W
Like?
In reply to micksh6, 4 months ago

micksh6 wrote:

Anders W wrote:

micksh6 wrote:

Anders W wrote:

micksh6 wrote:

Why do you feel mislead? Of course it's slow and it has been shown here long time ago. You just needed to look at the right tests:
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52045407
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52049352

A "controlled" test can also show that 20mm focuses much slower than other lenses and hunts more often too. It's not needed to refocus from close-up to infinity in order to see that. These tests show refocusing between about 5 and 7-8 feet.

Those tests are not controlled. They are biased in ways and for reasons spelled out in the thread to which you link. That's why they are not the right tests.

I didn't start this thread stating that 20mm is slow, so you might as well tell OP that he is biased and the lens is actually fast.

Don't worry. I already told him what the facts are a couple of times, latest here:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53583615

Whether you like my tests or not they showed exactly what OP is seing now. Your tests, on the other hand, showed that 20mm is as fast as other lenses.

My tests show exactly that yes, but only under the specific conditions I spelled out in the post where I originally reported my test results as well as in posts where I refer to them, latest in the post I link to above. As you you should be well aware by now, I have no trouble recognizing that the AF of the 20 is slower than that of other lenses under several other conditions. As you can see, this too is clearly pointed out in the post I link to.

The problem with your tests is that they don't show much at all due to unrobust test conditions that make the outcome very sensitive to minor variations along with a failure to control these variations sufficiently well.

BTW, a year ago I replied to your post with test results which you linked today: "the claim that 20mm focuses as fast as other fast primes is just plain wrong and it can mislead people". http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51100467

Perhaps, this is why OP feels misled now.

So you erected a straw-man. The unconditional claim made in the passage of yours that you quote is not and was not my claim. What I am, and have been, claiming is summarized in the post I link to above.

What I said is exactly what you have been saying for a long time

"The practically relevant test data are here and show the 20/1.7 to be just as fast as other, more recent lenses, in ordinary AF-S, even when refocusing within as extreme a span as infinity to 75 cm."

Many thanks for choosing such an excellent example of your straw-man tactics. The passage of mine that you quote includes two conditons (ordinary AF-S and refocusing within the 75 cm to infinity range) that you omitted. The third condition that I mention in the post I linked you to above (no hunting) was not at issue in the exchange with Fredrik G. from which you picked the quoted passage so I found no reason to mention that in my reply to him.

Other your explanations just make your point more clear

"Reason: In virtually all cases, the bottle-neck is body processing time, not the lens AF mechanism."

Taken from here: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52375461

This is just one example, I could find dozens of such examples from the last couple of years where you claim that 20mm AF is as fast as other lenses AF.

There was never a disclaimer about shooting conditions. You made dozens of such unconditional claims in almost every thread related to 20mm lens AF.

See above for the perfect example to the contrary that you provided.

Now where are your answers to the questions I asked?

Anders W
Like?
In reply to Mark Chan, 4 months ago

Mark Chan wrote:

Anders W wrote:

Wesley Byrne wrote:

Wesley Byrne wrote:

</end rant>

Slow AF on the 20/1.7? Absolutely. Except if you use it in ordinary AF-S in the range from 0.75 m to infinity and manage not to send it hunting. Fortunately, that exception accounts for more than 99 percent of my usage.

This is the kind of bad advice I was referring to.

It is neither advice nor bad. It is a correct observation based on controlled testing. See here:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/50877416

What controlled testing did you perform?

Even in these conditions I found the 20mm f1.7 unbearably slow.

Wow Anders, at it again?

It seems I am not alone in being at it again.

When someone 'asks' if 17mm AF is faster than 20mm, what should be the simple and clearest answer?

Yes or NO. Call a spade a spade.

Not 'comparable'; not 'for ordinary use its much the same'; not for 'all practical purposes'.

Just a simple, it is. We can add 'but then I have been able to adapt my photography such that its not an issue.'

So what is wrong with the answer I gave the OP, already present in the quoted text of mine above:

"Slow AF on the 20/1.7? Absolutely. Except if you use it in ordinary AF-S in the range from 0.75 m to infinity and manage not to send it hunting. Fortunately, that exception accounts for more than 99 percent of my usage."

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53579948

This way, you are not misinforming people into thinking that the 20mm lens can do what it cant. A newbie into photography would think that he had a bargain for the 20mm and only later realized the lens was not 'quick enough' for his needs; because somehow, for his 'practical purposes', he would find it slow.

In the earlier thread in which you and I discussed this, you mentioned two examples of when the AF of the 20 would be too slow for your needs. The first is when you are shooting a landscape and then suddenly discover that your kid is running toward you and turn to capture him/her "at close quarters". The second is when you try to shoot by-passing bikers.

With regard to the first example, you already got my reply in the earlier thread:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53300367

As to the second, I made a little test today specifically for you. This crop from an image of two students returning from today's picnic in the park was the result of my first try. I was standing as close to the biking path as I possibly could without blocking the traffic and, as you can see, shot wide open at f/1.7, AF-ing at the last moment.

Of course, this is not what I would normally do since it is not the most efficient approach. Rather, I would either pre-AF or MF on the place where the bikers will appear and I want to capture them and then shoot a single frame or a high-speed burst when they are at/close to the proper spot (thereby minimizing shutter lag and maximizing the chances of getting the shot the way I want it). But just in case I suddenly happen to spot an irresistible biker, it's good to know that it is possible to get the shot even without proper preparation.

Anders W
Like?

Mark Chan wrote:

Wesley Byrne wrote:

</end rant>

You know, I made the view that the PANA 20mm f1.7 was slow to AF and should be avoided by those that need to take pics of kids and fast moving items / people. This was quite a few threads back.

There are a few that adamantly state my (and many other's experience) is flawed and that the PAN 20mm - both versions are perfectly capable of 'catching' that moment.

Its plain not.

Choose 17mm or 25mm OLY for that.

Choose 20mm f1.7 if you don't NEED fast AF under any circumstances or are perfectly happy to live within its limitations.

I am perfectly happy to live within the limitations where the 20 can provide fast AF.

It is unfortunate you got misinformed. And yes there are many that are misinforming leading to poor purchase decision.

It is unfortunate that you are misinformed.

s_grins
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,622Gear list
Like?

Mark Chan wrote:

You know, I made the view that the PANA 20mm f1.7 was slow to AF and should be avoided by those that need to take pics of kids and fast moving items / people. This was quite a few threads back.

There are a few that adamantly state my (and many other's experience) is flawed and that the PAN 20mm - both versions are perfectly capable of 'catching' that moment.

Its plain not.

Choose 20mm f1.7 if you don't NEED fast AF under any circumstances or are perfectly happy to live within its limitations.

It is unfortunate you got misinformed. And yes there are many that are misinforming leading to poor purchase decision.

I do not have photos of kids (I do not have grandchildren, yet), but I have one old photo of the dog. As you know, dogs even more difficult in compare with children.

-- hide signature --

Camera in bag tends to stay in bag...

s_grins's gear list:s_grins's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +2 more
Wellington100
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,883Gear list
Like?
Re: Relativity
In reply to Jacques Cornell, 4 months ago

Jacques Cornell wrote:

tgutgu wrote:

Since there are now alternatives to the 1.7/20mm, which are equal or better in IQ (1.8/25mm, 1.4/25mm) and which have a fast AF, there isn't any point left to buy this lens

Unless it's exactly what you need.

The 20 may not be the best at any one thing, but it still offers a unique combination of characteristics not replicated by any other lens. I didn't expect to love it - being used to 35mm on FF - but it makes a great walkabout because of its combination of brightness, minimal size & weight, high optical quality, and a really useful perspective that nicely spans the range between "normal" and "wide". Oly's 17 f1.8 focuses faster but reportedly lags a bit in IQ and is big enough to make a GX1 less pocketable. 25mm is a very different perspective than 20mm and isn't a substitute. And, the other pancake (14 f2.8) is much wider and dimmer.

Also, "slow" is relative. The 20 still focuses faster and quieter than my old Canon 35mm f2 on a 1-series.

-- hide signature --

jacquescornell.photography

Thank you for the voice of sanity, I suddenly thought, I must be mad wanting one of these but in fact the points you raise are the exact reason why I do want one.

-- hide signature --

Doctors are bad for your lifestyle.

Mario G
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
My impression was quite the opposite

My subjective impression with this lens has been quite the opposite, I didn't really want it but then I got and liked it.

I already had the 25mm F1.4 and 14mm F2.5, and I wasn't very attracted at all by the 20mm after reading about its slow AF and also annoying and fragile moving front element, and also odd focal length in the middle of more traditional ones.

But then it was a bargain to get as a bundle with the GX7, so I got it, thinking to give it a try (and half a thought to sell it soon after).

However I then started to like this lens, and now it has taken quite a bit of work out of my 25mm, and almost sent to retirement my 14mm.

My subjective experience with AF speed was not bad at all - yes, it's slower than all my other lenses, but I can barely feel this slowness in normal use, I really just forget that it's supposedly a slow focus lens when out shooting. And yes sometimes it hunts, but it happened quite rarely to me. Overall it's just responsive enough not to make me think about the focus speed.

Then I started to appreciate the pros of this lens. Very sharp, sharpest among all my lenses wide open. Larger aperture (compared to 14mm F2.5, not to mention kit zoom) turns out to be quite useful in low light, and gives quite a bit of extra bokeh. And the focal length turned out to be quite versatile, covering both wider-angle (in a bit of a squeeze) and a normal lens range (with a bit of extra coverage), not always perfect but being able to fit many situations (which the 25mm wouldn't be able to fit).

Mario G's gear list:Mario G's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 +2 more
Anders W
Like?
Re: Works absolutely fine for me

Mark Chan wrote:

Anders W wrote:

jimkohn wrote:

Here's another subjective two cents: on my brand new OMD-EM1 with a brand new copy of the lens, it works just as fast as any other fast prime I've owned.

I'd been watching this thread and wondering, because I had the lens before and never had any complaint regarding AF speed or anything else. But I wanted to wait until my new copy arrived with my new camera. Works great. Love it.

Sounds good! I hope to take delivery of my E-M1 in a few days so what you say sounds reassuring. Not that I really expected its AF to cause any more trouble on the E-M1 than on the E-M5, but anyway.

Just lol.

Always happy to entertain of course. But perhaps it's time to see your therapist.

Mark Chan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,704
Like?
In reply to s_grins, 3 months ago

Absolutely agreed; and if you allow me I am sure I have a photo of one of my Pomeranians - smaller and more active - taken with my manual voigtlander 40mm f2. You know, stepped onto a bench sort of photo?

Whether or not you can a picture of a 'hard to get' subject is one thing.

Being confident with a lens to take pics of that subject is quite another.

I have had the 20mm since using the EP-1. And I have experienced it moving from that all the way to EM-1.

You obviously can get pics of dogs; as I can too with te 20mm or manual. The point is especially Anders here continuously states it's 'comparable'.

A whole load of ballyhoo, especially to new buyers that are reliant on the AF for what they expect are daily pics f everything; from static objects to kids running around to their dogs close up or far out running towards them.

The 20mm focuses almost as quickly as it did on the EP-3 as it did in the EP-5 and the EM-1. Meaning not much change.

The feeling is like taking the sony NEX cameras and comparing their AF speed to the OLY / PAna cameras with lens such as the 45mm f1.8/ 12-40mm.

Mark Chan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,704
Like?
In reply to Anders W, 3 months ago

Anders, lol, guilty as charged (going at it again).

I also bet I could take a faster snap of that pic you took of the cyclists with a. Manual lens. What's the point?

You can state what you feel. I can state what I feel. You can refer to your tests, I will refer to my experience.

eastvillager
Contributing MemberPosts: 954Gear list
Like?
In reply to Wesley Byrne, 3 months ago

I have almost every prime focal length except for the 20mm. Thought it a waste of money after seeing how slow it focused. Have the oly 12mm (awesome), 14mm panny (awesome) oly 17mm (awesome) and the 25mm Leica (super awesome). I already ordered the 15mm Leica and assume it will focus as fast as my other lenses and be very sharp. With such a range of lenses why would anyone but a sloth of a lens like the 20mm? Tried my friends and it was terrible.

Wesley Byrne wrote:

</end rant>

eastvillager's gear list:eastvillager's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +6 more
GeorgianBay1939
Senior MemberPosts: 2,172Gear list
Like?
In reply to Mark Chan, 3 months ago

Mark Chan wrote:

Anders, lol, guilty as charged (going at it again).

I also bet I could take a faster snap of that pic you took of the cyclists with a. Manual lens. What's the point?

You can state what you feel. I can state what I feel. You can refer to your tests, I will refer to my experience.

You might like to look at these posts "There are some tricks for the old dog"...

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3636383?page=8

That may help you understand what is going on here.

Tom

GeorgianBay1939's gear list:GeorgianBay1939's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +6 more
NZ Scott
Senior MemberPosts: 3,274Gear list
Like?
In reply to s_grins, 3 months ago

s_grins wrote:

Mark Chan wrote:

Its plain not.

I do not have photos of kids (I do not have grandchildren, yet), but I have one old photo of the dog. As you know, dogs even more difficult in compare with children.

I think this is a poor example. The dog is stationary - not exactly running towards the camera or anything like that.

S

-- hide signature --

Camera in bag tends to stay in bag...

-- hide signature --

My Flickr stream:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/scottkmacleod/
My kit: E-P3, 12/2.0, 17/1.8, 45/1.8, 60/2.8 Macro, 7.5 Fisheye, 12-35 f2.8, 14-42 IIR, 40-150 ED, 75-300 II

NZ Scott's gear list:NZ Scott's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P3 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads