SX50 - The Cycle Marathon

Started 8 months ago | Discussions
Augustin Man
Senior MemberPosts: 4,030Gear list
Like?
SX50 - The Cycle Marathon
8 months ago

Yesterday my wife and I went to the hills to assist the Cycle Marathon. As the start was later than we thought, we went to a children recreational area several miles away. It was a glorious spring day. A bumblebee was flying around around an iris:

and a cricket was staying shy at the entrance of its hole:

We arrived at our goal. There was a "train" for children:

In the background, the hill near we came from, with a car and antenna (distorted by the atmosphere) ready for the competition:

I tried to shoot through a green wire fence:

Here the fence was more evident:

By returning we admired also an interesting goose:

And saw that at a control point far away the bykers started to arrive:

Now here they were, the girls as strong as the boys:

A happy lonely rider:

We changed the place:

And again:

Then, off they went, first at the right, than to the left, far away (on the top of the hill was the antenna car, but they didn't climb there) :

Passing beside a horse we returned to our car (upper left corner):

A dog bid us farewell:

Thank you for coming with us,

Augustin

 Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P600
dicklaxt
Contributing MemberPosts: 590
Like?
Re: SX50 - The Cycle Marathon
In reply to Augustin Man, 8 months ago

A nice series of images,a little bit of everything good job.

dick

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Hollander
Senior MemberPosts: 1,369Gear list
Like?
Re: SX50 - The Cycle Marathon
In reply to Augustin Man, 8 months ago

Augustin, what a great way to spend a Sunday doing volunteer work. The weather was cooperating as well. Thank you for taking me on your journey it was a pleasure.

Looking at picture #14 show me how beautiful your landscape is.

Thanks for posting Augustin.

Cheers,

Rob.

-- hide signature --

To keep my brain active I'm looking forward to my next trip. So much to see yet and not enough time.
http://robvorderman.zenfolio.com/

 Hollander's gear list:Hollander's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX80 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Augustin Man
Senior MemberPosts: 4,030Gear list
Like?
Re: SX50 - The Cycle Marathon
In reply to dicklaxt, 8 months ago

dicklaxt wrote:

A nice series of images,a little bit of everything good job.

dick

Thank you very much, Dick! I'm happy you like my shots.

Augustin

 Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P600
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Augustin Man
Senior MemberPosts: 4,030Gear list
Like?
Re: SX50 - The Cycle Marathon
In reply to Hollander, 8 months ago

Hollander wrote:

Augustin, what a great way to spend a Sunday doing volunteer work. The weather was cooperating as well. Thank you for taking me on your journey it was a pleasure.

Looking at picture #14 show me how beautiful your landscape is.

Thanks for posting Augustin.

Cheers,

Rob.

-- hide signature --

To keep my brain active I'm looking forward to my next trip. So much to see yet and not enough time.
http://robvorderman.zenfolio.com/

Thank you very much, Rob, for your nice words! I'm happy you like our hills

Happy shooting,

Augustin

 Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P600
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
four under
Regular MemberPosts: 228Gear list
Like?
Re: SX50 - The Cycle Marathon
In reply to Augustin Man, 8 months ago

Well thanks for sharing these Augustin. A really great variety of photos; all very nicely done. Somehow I had it in mind that Romania had a cold climate. Your photography over the last year has shown me it does not. Keep them coming.

Brian

 four under's gear list:four under's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7100 Canon PowerShot SX240 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon D5000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
evancj
Senior MemberPosts: 2,241Gear list
Like?
Re: SX50 - The Cycle Marathon
In reply to Augustin Man, 8 months ago

What a beautiful set Augustin. It looks like you had the perfect textbook spring day. Your skill with the SX50 is evident in these wonderful photos.

Thank you for sharing your perfect spring day and the idyllic countryside where you took them. Hopefully we will catchup with spring here soon.

 evancj's gear list:evancj's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Augustin Man
Senior MemberPosts: 4,030Gear list
Like?
Re: SX50 - The Cycle Marathon
In reply to four under, 8 months ago

four under wrote:

Well thanks for sharing these Augustin. A really great variety of photos; all very nicely done. Somehow I had it in mind that Romania had a cold climate. Your photography over the last year has shown me it does not. Keep them coming.

Brian

Thank you very much, Brian! About our country, it's in the temperate continental climate: we used to have winters with lot of snow, wonderful summers and long springs and falls; unfortunately, not anymore. With the general warming and climate changes we have to bear now some ugly extremes: two years ago it was a frightful drought with temperatures of more than 40C (!). Last winter was without snow and with high temperatures and spring and fall are like a week long(!).

All the best,

Augustin

 Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P600
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Augustin Man
Senior MemberPosts: 4,030Gear list
Like?
Re: SX50 - The Cycle Marathon
In reply to evancj, 8 months ago

evancj wrote:

What a beautiful set Augustin. It looks like you had the perfect textbook spring day. Your skill with the SX50 is evident in these wonderful photos.

Thank you for sharing your perfect spring day and the idyllic countryside where you took them. Hopefully we will catchup with spring here soon.

Thank you very much, Evan, for looking and commenting! Yes, it was a perfect spring day, but as I wrote above to Brian, these wonderful days are scarcer . Now about SX50, I'd say is such a wonderful camera it can shoot in almost any circumstances with minimal settings only

Happy shooting,

Augustin

 Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P600
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Don_Campbell
Senior MemberPosts: 1,092
Like?
Re: SX50 - The Cycle Marathon
In reply to Augustin Man, 8 months ago

Nice documentary photo set from a nice day's adventure.

Don

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Augustin Man
Senior MemberPosts: 4,030Gear list
Like?
Re: SX50 - The Cycle Marathon
In reply to Don_Campbell, 8 months ago

Don_Campbell wrote:

Nice documentary photo set from a nice day's adventure.

Don

Thank you very much, Don, for your nice comment!

Happy shooting,

Augustin

 Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P600
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads