johnami
Contributing MemberPosts: 709Gear list
Like?
645Z First contact. A French article
6 months ago
 johnami's gear list:johnami's gear list
Pentax K-3
Pentax 645Z
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Richard DK
Senior MemberPosts: 1,055Gear list
Like?
Re: 645Z First contact. A French article
In reply to johnami, 6 months ago

Bonjour Mon Ami; Any chance of a english translation.

-Regards-
Dick K.
http://rkirkley.zenfolio.com
''The main difference between a professional photographer and an amateur is that the pro has a bigger waste basket'
John Shaw

Richard DK's gear list:Richard DK's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
johnami
Like?
In reply to Richard DK, 6 months ago

Richard DK wrote:

Bonjour Mon Ami; Any chance of a english translation.

-Regards-
Dick K.
http://rkirkley.zenfolio.com
''The main difference between a professional photographer and an amateur is that the pro has a bigger waste basket'
John Shaw

Don't have the time to do a good job, but GT effort isn't so bad

1. Presentation
2 . Video, yes ... but not really 4K
3 . AF , exposure metering ... everything is new
4. .. With optional Wi-Fi card
Pricing and Availability 5.
6 . First review
Features 7 .

Pentax 645Z front with an optical
With the 645Z , Pentax also spends his medium format CMOS sensor.

presentation
With Pentax and 645Z , these are the three heavyweights medium format have now turned the page of the CCD sensor. As Hasselblad and PhaseOne , Pentax has chosen a CMOS probably from Sony . It measures 43.8 x 32.8 mm , shows a slightly higher resolution MP 50 , thus capturing images of 8265 x 6192 pixels , and is free from low-pass filter .
Enticing on paper ... In addition , Pentax has played a card much "reflex" by giving the 654Z a demented ISO sensitivity ( ISO 204800 ) , and by providing good video recording capabilities . From there to think that the 645Z is made to walk on the beds SLR 24x36 premium , there is only one step. Especially since the 645Z can reach 3 fps continuous JPEG fine ... "only" , but it is already a good performance for medium format !

Pentax 645Z back with swivel screen
The Pentax 645Z has a swivel LCD screen ideal for video or referred to on screen. Why is it not touch ! !
Video , yes ... but not really 4K
As seen above, the 645Z is capable of recording video. And technical data refers to 4K resolution . But do not get carried away , there is no 4K video in the proper sense of the term, because if the 645Z has a mode " 4K Interval" , it is actually a time lapse sequences made ​​generating 4K a maximum of 2000 views with a minimum of two seconds between each of them ( and a maximum of 24 hours between two views) . Not true 4K then, but that would produce " timelapses " at least interesting !

Pentax 645Z handle with remote terminal

Regarding recording videos , it suffices to sequences Full HD 30p or 60i, recorded in MPEG 4 AVC/H.264 or MJPEG, all with stereo miking directly on the housing ( in more than one socket to connect an external stereo microphone) . The recording time is limited to 25 minutes, cutting a security check before this deadline if the internal enclosure temperature becomes too high. Once again , we deplore the lack of headphone output , a must to check the quality of sound capture tool. Yet it is neither the place nor the price that could curb Pentax ...

Pentax 645Z top view
Few changes in the housing 645 . Recasting is largely internal.

CMOS also allows the use of the 645Z in Live View mode on screen, providing extra comfort for complex frames ( ground level height tripod ... ) .
AF , exposure metering ... everything is new
Returning to the case. The least we can say is that the Pentax 645D has seriously spicy . In fact, besides the increase in ISO , the passage of CCD and CMOS 10MP gain in definition (which in itself is already huge) , everything has been improved considerably.

The development was done on 11 points, including 9 cross ; is now entrusted to SAFOX 11 and his 27 points, including 25 cross . It works - 3EV to 18 EV . Ditto for exposure metering , formerly made ​​of 77 segments and now entrusted to a RGB sensor 86000 pixels.

Pentax sealing gaskets 645Z
Points sealing 645Z Pentax .

The LCD screen has also been improved. It now measures 8 cm, displays more than one million points , and it is tilting . Abandoned housing USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 prefers faster . A little regret ? Yes, no card UHS- II or -III USH , the latest standard in rigor able to swallow the voluminous files 645Z .

As the 645D , the new housing does not seem comes with software for work in online mode. One mistake that we reported in our test 645D , and has probably put off some photographers for studio work , including for reproduction . It took several months for Pentax deign sale (over 250 € ... ) software ( Pentax Image Transmitter) for remote control from a computer. Even fight with 645Z . And if the brand looks good compatibility with Image Transmitter 2 , we have no indication of availability.
Fi .. with an option card
This absence is all the more surprising that the 645Z is compatible with 16GB card FLUCARD O- FC1 ( developed specifically for Pentax ) that allows an iOS or Android device to take control remotely and wirelessly. Pentax does not specify whether it will be possible to transfer files (at least JPEG) on the terminal.

Pentax 645Z memory cards
No compatibility with USH card UHS- II or III , but the possibility of remote Wi -Fi with Flucard .

Otherwise , one will find a shutter to 1/4000 s and a maximum optical sighting covering 98 % of the field . Of course , the case has finished any time one of the good habits in Pentax- Ricoh had already provided the 645D . And to finish on a similarity if there is one thing that Pentax has hardly changed, that is the case. The ergonomics are quite similar since the 645D ... some buttons have been moved, since the screen is now mobile, but regulars 645D find there quickly!
Pricing and Availability
The Pentax 645D has already hit the headlines in his time with a really good rate for a 40 Megapixel medium format . Offered at € 7,990 , the 645Z remains the cheapest CMOS housing market ... by far! It will be available at the end of June.

Pentax 645Z Battery Grip
First impressions
The Pentax 645 was a nice case . An interesting alternative to Hasselblad and PhaseOne competitors. But the 645Z takes quite a distinct turn that operated by rivals. If all went CMOS Sony , Pentax is the only one pushing the ISO as far ... entrusting his 645Z maximum sensitivity worthy of a great sport reflex . Remains to be seen how it handles the growing ISO , the data sheet is not doing anything, but on paper, this is a particularly exciting development. It makes way more versatile format and much less dependent on his studio and his regular lighting. In short , the transition to CMOS contemplated by Pentax is as bold interesting, much less conventional and technically superior to those offered by Hasselblad and PhaseOne . Another bang is of course the price. Other ways formats are all positioned beyond € 25,000 for a less attractive datasheet.

Of course , we have some regrets, as the absence of an immediate solution to work in online mode wired to facilitate work in the studio or the presence of a touch screen. We also regret that Pentax has not pushed the 4K video mode to really surprise everyone and have totally forgotten the headphone jack ..

Pentax K-3
johnami
Like?

2nd page with modifs:

An appointment was taken at Pentax to discover ( too briefly ) the last medium format 645 Z featuring a new 50 megapixel CMOS sensor .

The new SLR MF is very similar to the previous model, but the grip has been redesigned and is more pleasant and reassuring. Finish " all weather " is also reassuring with the presence of joints with different sensitive areas of the device : trap for memory cards , battery cover, for ...

Pentax 645Z grip

One of the most interesting news with the CMOS sensor is of course the possibility of a focusing on screen. It is like the body : built to resist. Small problem , however , the transmission cable is in our opinion too visible and not protected enough . This is probably a point of vulnerability. The display is fluid , even with a fairly standard interior light (200-300 lux) . Of course, you can display different grids as assistants to aid composition , a histogram display (with alerts for overexposed areas ) and an electronic level 2 axes. One complaint : the screen is not touch sensitive . Too bad, because with practise , we can select the area of ​​focus on the screen.

Pentax 645Z referred on screen

The new autofocus seemed really responsive ( the 645Z was equipped with a motorized lens SDM , the 55 mm f / 2,8 ) , the focus is primarily limited by the movement of the optic. Live View screen , the autofocus is " surprisingly " performance . Good, medium format SLR still very far from the reactivity of a Micro 4/3 as GX7 Panasonic or Olympus E -M1 , but do not wait two seconds before trigger . Be expected to make a final lap times , but it is promising. Of course, you can achieve focus at hand and 645Z Pentax offers an effective focus peaking , even if it is flashing .

Direct target associated with the swivel screen offers opportunities to unknown users formats means. The CMOS sensor also opens a new field of exploration : Video

Naturally, the optical viewfinder is a delight with a wide and fairly bright viewfinder , but the framing is limited to 98%. For shooting on the fly , it will be the perfect companion .

Pentax 645Z grip

Reflex still offers a nice LCD screen reminder. It is large and legible. The dial to choose the autofocus mode is now dedicated to the picture / video pass. There are many shortcuts on the housing and the dashboard is impressive, but found very quickly its brands. The case now has three customizable configurations. An excellent point.

Pentax 645Z

At the connection still two SD cards (no support for UHS- II or UHS- III standards) , but now it will be possible to plug in USB 3 . We especially expect the solution to work in online mode studio. It is scheduled for July.

Pentax 645Z

These first contact with the Pentax 645Z really convinced us : the device is responsive, focusing screen is well done and offers new horizons. Construction is up to the reputation of the brand. It remains only to see the images and that's the main thing. We could not resist to shoot the 645Z in at 204 ISO 800 . Even if the body was not the final one , the pictures are really noisy , but it is primarily a marketing argument. What the photographer is waiting for , it is easy to use images 3200/6400 ISO . For this point, it will have to wait a few weeks .........

Pentax K-3
ozdean
Forum ProPosts: 20,489Gear list
Like?

Thanks - I agree that an audio jack would have been good but I guess pros would use an external mic and jack anyway.

The only other thing I see wrong is that you can't lay it flat on LHS because of the placement of the strap connector - picky I know but Pentax has always been good in this area for rested portrait shots ie kept LHS flat & level.

-- hide signature --

Regards Dean - Capturing Creation
N.B. All my Images are Protected by Copyright

ozdean's gear list:ozdean's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR +7 more
Zvonimir Tosic
Senior MemberPosts: 2,198Gear list
Like?
LHS isn't flat enough
In reply to ozdean, 6 months ago

ozdean wrote:

Thanks - I agree that an audio jack would have been good but I guess pros would use an external mic and jack anyway.

The only other thing I see wrong is that you can't lay it flat on LHS because of the placement of the strap connector - picky I know but Pentax has always been good in this area for rested portrait shots ie kept LHS flat & level.

-- hide signature --

Regards Dean - Capturing Creation
N.B. All my Images are Protected by Copyright

No much grief there Dean,

as LHS does not have enough of flat surface anyway. It a bare minimum made by circular surface to keep it attached to the tripod. I wouldn't rely on it.

Like any MF, 645Z/D is mainly a tripod camera.

Although, a Leica T Type sort of strap connector would be cool for future Pentax products. That one is much better.

-- hide signature --

Madamina, il catalogo è questo; Delle belle che amò il padron mio; un catalogo egli è che ho fatt'io; Osservate, leggete con me.

Zvonimir Tosic's gear list:Zvonimir Tosic's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100
Michael Piziak
Regular MemberPosts: 332Gear list
Like?

Thanks so much for the translation

Michael Piziak's gear list:Michael Piziak's gear list
Pentax K-r Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED +1 more
JeffAHayes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,968Gear list
Like?
In reply to Michael Piziak, 6 months ago

Michael Piziak wrote:

FYI, since I knew Google could do translations, but that page didn't appear to have a direct Google link, I just tried what I always try with a file when I need to do something more with it than appears possible: I right-clicked on the page. And one of the options on the list when I right-clicked was "Translate to English." I scrolled down to that and the first page translated, although it was a bit of a "messy" translation in that some of the adjectives appeared to be off (but close enough that I could generally understand what was meant, and MOST of it was clear). When I clicked to the second page, IT was still in French, but before I could finish right-clicking and scrolling down to translate that page, as well, it had auto-translated for me, too.

So next time you (or I, or anyone) encounter an article like that in a language we don't read, I'd suggest right-clicking on it to see if there's a translate option.

As for the review, with a few differences, such as the articulated screen, the CMOS sensor, and obviously the LARGER sensor with 50MP vs. 24MP it appeared to me that the 645Z is VERY MUCH a MF version of the K-3 (or at least of the new technology on the K-3), such as the 27-point AF, vs. 11-point and the 86,000 point metering, vs. 77-point. Makes sense to use that same improved technology on the new 645 IF it's better than what the old one had, which it appears it is (from reading the article, I gather the old one had roughly the same specs as the K-5).

Also, even though they "fussed" a bit over a few things, such as a lack of TRUE "4K" video capability and the lack of a headphone jack (seems Ricoh just doesn't LIKE THOSE, since they also left one off the K-3, which also got negative review comments), they said the PERFORMANCE and quality is easily on par with Hasselblad and Phase1, both of which are in the $25,000 price range vs. the $8,500 price range for the 645Z. So if one considers the few minor "issues" the reviewers had with this camera, UNLESS one or more of those issues happens to be something of MAJOR IMPORTANCE to a particular photographer, the PRICE DIFFERENCE way more than makes up for little things like a missing headphone jack or no "true" 4K video shooting. And when they were moaning about the lack of UHSII/III compatibility, they didn't say anything about UHS I, which I'm assuming, like the K-3, it DOES have (the dual card slots looked almost identical -- even down to it accepting the dedicated FluCard in Slot No. 2). So far, the ONLY DSLR yet released that I'm aware of that's UHS II compatible is the new Fujifilm X-T1, so again, that's not THAT much of a major issue, I don't think, considering that even UHS-1 can hit speeds of up to about 100 MBPS. And since this MF camera maxes out at 3 FPS, that shouldn't be a major issue, I wouldn't think, unless it has virtually NO buffer.

I'm not in that market, so I may never know. But for what it is, and for that money, it looks pretty decent to me.

Jeff

-- hide signature --

A word is worth 1/1000th of a picture... Maybe that's why I use so many words!

JeffAHayes's gear list:JeffAHayes's gear list
Pentax WG-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +8 more
Cideway
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,686Gear list
Like?
In reply to JeffAHayes, 6 months ago

Well at 3fps it is likely producing about 160MB worth of data, which at the K3 write speed is about 3-4 seconds to write.

-- hide signature --

Chris.
A weather sealed ultra wide, is that too much to ask?
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/chriside
GMT +9.5
Pentax SLR talk FAQ
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=23161072

Cideway's gear list:Cideway's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax K-3 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +2 more
johnami
Like?
In reply to Michael Piziak, 6 months ago

Michael Piziak wrote:

Welcome you are. I did tidy up the second page a little, but as you guys are versed in reading camera reports, goggle's effort isn't so bad............can't wait to see the picture quality. Will post it once FNums have it up..;)

Pentax K-3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads