Have Fuji fixed the lens mount wiggling problem on XE2 and XT1?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions
nofumble
Senior MemberPosts: 1,260
Like?
Have Fuji fixed the lens mount wiggling problem on XE2 and XT1?
8 months ago

The problem is in my X-E1, the lens does not fit solidly tight like other camera brand, but wiggle a bit.

When I mount a longer and heavy lens via adapter, the wiggling become very noticeable.

Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Dorkington
Regular MemberPosts: 355Gear list
Like?
Re: Have Fuji fixed the lens mount wiggling problem on XE2 and XT1?
In reply to nofumble, 8 months ago

I own an X-E2 and X-Pro1, and used to own an X-E1.... I've never had this problem. Might want to send your camera or adapter in to be adjusted.

Dorkington's gear list:Dorkington's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
proque
Forum MemberPosts: 54Gear list
Like?

Yes. I have the same issue with my X-E1. But with my X-T1 all my XF lens are tight and no wiggling at all.

Just to add, the wiggling issue on my X-E1 is without an adapter.

proque's gear list:proque's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
dmaclau
Senior MemberPosts: 1,533Gear list
Like?
In reply to proque, 8 months ago

just bought an X-M1...lens wobbles

dmaclau's gear list:dmaclau's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-M1 Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye
Conrad567
Regular MemberPosts: 410Gear list
Like?
In reply to dmaclau, 8 months ago

dmaclau wrote:

I own both a Fuji X-Pro1 and X-T1, neither wobbles, however they are both all metal camera with very few plastic parts, I wonder if the frames of the lower end cameras have the problem.

Conrad567's gear list:Conrad567's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +8 more
nofumble
Senior MemberPosts: 1,260
Like?
It's the clearance between the locking pin and the slot in the lens mount
In reply to Conrad567, 8 months ago

If you grab the lens, rotate it back and forth, and you will feel the wiggle

No other brand has this problem. Somehow Fuji-san thinks they need to have a wider slot to make sure they all fit. (Come on, fix the quality).

You don't notice this problem with a lighter lens, but if you put an adapter and mount a heavy lens like a 200mm tele, you will notice the wiggling.

I have used all kind of adapters on Canon and Sony, no such problem. Just Fuji.

newtoy
Regular MemberPosts: 382Gear list
Like?
Re: It's the clearance between the locking pin and the slot in the lens mount

nofumble wrote:

If you grab the lens, rotate it back and forth, and you will feel the wiggle

No other brand has this problem. Somehow Fuji-san thinks they need to have a wider slot to make sure they all fit. (Come on, fix the quality).

You don't notice this problem with a lighter lens, but if you put an adapter and mount a heavy lens like a 200mm tele, you will notice the wiggling.

I have used all kind of adapters on Canon and Sony, no such problem. Just Fuji.

This also happen in all my Nikon gears!

Provided that it doesn't affect the lens electronic contacts and there is only a planar movement, then its OK and will not affect your image quality.

newtoy's gear list:newtoy's gear list
Nikon D70 Nikon 1 V2 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +23 more
Wheatfield7
Senior MemberPosts: 1,172
Like?

nofumble wrote:

The problem is in my X-E1, the lens does not fit solidly tight like other camera brand, but wiggle a bit.

When I mount a longer and heavy lens via adapter, the wiggling become very noticeable.

When you mount a long heavy lens you should be supporting the lens, not the camera body.

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
I Guess So, None of My Seven Lenses Wiggle (XT-1) NT
No text.
 wchutt's gear list:wchutt's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +20 more
nick_webster
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,660
Like?
What lens mount problem ?

I've got an X-E1 and I can mount a 300mm f2.8 lens with cheap adapter and there's no wiggle, jsut as there isn't with my X-T1.

It's a bit disingenuous to suggest that just because your camera has this (non) issue that all X-E1s have it.

Nick

Jim King
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,735Gear list
Like?
Re: What lens mount problem ?
In reply to nick_webster, 8 months ago

nick_webster wrote:

I've got an X-E1 and I can mount a 300mm f2.8 lens with cheap adapter and there's no wiggle, jsut as there isn't with my X-T1.

It's a bit disingenuous to suggest that just because your camera has this (non) issue that all X-E1s have it.

Nick

+1.  The phrasing of the OP is akin to "When did you stop beating your wife."  No need for such a provocative title.

-- hide signature --

Jim King - Retired Colormonger - Suburban Detroit, Michigan, USA; GMT -4h (EDT)
Pentaxian for over 50 years.
There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey.
- John Ruskin
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
- Sir Winston Churchill
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
- Albert Einstein

Jim King's gear list:Jim King's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Pentax K-5 IIs Ricoh GXR A16 24-85mm F3.5-5.5 Ricoh GXR S10 24-72mm F2.5-4.4 VC Ricoh GXR Mount A12 +18 more
57LowRider
Senior MemberPosts: 2,700Gear list
Like?

My 18-55 does it, and the Oly adapter to a lesser extent, but all the others are ok on the X-E1. I've only used the 56 and 23 on the X-T1 so far, no wiggle.

I don't rate it as a problem, though. No cute kittens die and the images are perfectly fine.

57LowRider's gear list:57LowRider's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +8 more
Sal Baker
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,889Gear list
Like?

nofumble wrote:

No lens wiggles with the X-E2.  I have the kit zoom and 23mm f/1.4 prime.  All are solid so far.

Sal

Sal Baker's gear list:Sal Baker's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 350D Fujifilm X-E2 Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +5 more
IslandTractor
Regular MemberPosts: 292Gear list
Like?

My X-E1 wobbles with the 18-55 zoom and with the 55-200.  Doesn't seem to affect function/quality however.  I personally find the wobbling and rattling of the 18-55 lens cap to be more annoying.  And nothing beats the annoyance level of the crappy lens caps provided by Fuji.

Great cameras but they do have some quirks.  Luckily none seems to affect image quality or function.

IslandTractor's gear list:IslandTractor's gear list
Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-E1 Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +4 more
AlbieSky
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,333Gear list
Like?

My 18-55 lens does wiggle very slightly on my XT-1.

AlbieSky's gear list:AlbieSky's gear list
Nikon 1 J1 Nikon 1 V2 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +10 more
hellocrowley
Senior MemberPosts: 1,198
Like?
In reply to Conrad567, 8 months ago

dmaclau wrote:

I own both a Fuji X-Pro1 and X-T1, neither wobbles, however they are both all metal camera with very few plastic parts, I wonder if the frames of the lower end cameras have the problem.

Both the 35 and the 18 wiggle on my Xpro1.

Conrad567
Regular MemberPosts: 410Gear list
Like?
In reply to hellocrowley, 8 months ago

hellocrowley wrote:

dmaclau wrote:

Both the 35 and the 18 wiggle on my Xpro1.

Yeah, sorry but I have mounted all of my lenses to both bodies to be sure, neither wiggles at all.  Tight as a drum!  Don't know what to tell you all.

Conrad567's gear list:Conrad567's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +8 more
pxchoi
Regular MemberPosts: 221Gear list
Like?

This is an interesting thread... I'm finding that my 1024 wiggles and my lens gets spastic has a result and sometimes ends in a lens error. Very annoying, but no problems with my 1855 lens.

This is the second lens that I am sending back...

-- hide signature --

www.patrickchoi.com
www.flickr.com/patrick_choi

Ollie 2
Senior MemberPosts: 1,364Gear list
Like?

nofumble wrote:

I have this issue with 2 out of 5 Fuji lenses on my XP1.

I've owned about 20 lenses on two different m43 kits and never encountered this before.

Not good.

Ollie 2's gear list:Ollie 2's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 +16 more
Edward Chatlos
Senior MemberPosts: 2,809Gear list
Like?

nofumble wrote:

Let me ask. This Wiggle you are asking about is it a up/down/left/right movement or are you talking about a slight rotational movement once the lens is locked onto the mount?

If a rotational movement that is perfectly normal and every camera I have ever owned does this.

If it is a up/down/left/right movement then the spring system that holds the lens to the body is weak.

Edward Chatlos's gear list:Edward Chatlos's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads