X-T1 Program Shift?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
Russ2626
Regular MemberPosts: 262Gear list
Like?
X-T1 Program Shift?
5 months ago

Can't trigger program shift in P setting. Must be some setting that's blocking it. Any ideas?

Russ2626's gear list:Russ2626's gear list
Sony RX100 Casio Exilim EX-ZR800 Fujifilm X-T1
jimkohn
Regular MemberPosts: 167Gear list
Like?
Re: X-T1 Program Shift?
In reply to Russ2626, 5 months ago

Not sure what you mean by "P setting". The implementation of program shift on the X-T1 is a pet peeve of mine with this camera. It only works if you are NOT in auto ISO and NOT in auto Dynamic Range. If you manually set ISO and Dynamic range you can use program shift via the front control dial. I hope they change this in a future firmware update.

jimkohn's gear list:jimkohn's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Bill Robb
Senior MemberPosts: 3,332
Like?

Why not just use exposure comp?

D200_4me
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,391Gear list
Like?
Auto ISO is the cause

Set your ISO to something other than auto and then you can change the aperture/shutter speed in P mode.  Crazy, I know...but that's how it is.

-- hide signature --
 D200_4me's gear list:D200_4me's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Olympus E-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S +4 more
Rupek
Forum MemberPosts: 77Gear list
Like?
In reply to Bill Robb, 5 months ago

Exposure comp changes exposure. Program shift keeps same exposure. Just adjust aperture and shutter speed to match.

Rupek's gear list:Rupek's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-F3 Fujifilm X-M1 +7 more
Russ2626
Regular MemberPosts: 262Gear list
Like?
In reply to jimkohn, 5 months ago

Thanks for the answer. P meaning program vs. A or S.

Russ2626's gear list:Russ2626's gear list
Sony RX100 Casio Exilim EX-ZR800 Fujifilm X-T1
clockface
Regular MemberPosts: 171
Like?

Can't trigger program shift in P setting. Must be some setting that's blocking it. Any ideas?

Haven't got the xt1 but with the x100 you can't programming shift with autoISO or autoDR

Bill Robb
Senior MemberPosts: 3,332
Like?
In reply to Rupek, 5 months ago

Rupek wrote:

Exposure comp changes exposure. Program shift keeps same exposure. Just adjust aperture and shutter speed to match.

Duh. I knew that.

clockface
Regular MemberPosts: 171
Like?
In reply to Bill Robb, 5 months ago

Rupek wrote:

Duh. I knew that.

Why then did you suggest using the EC dial in your earlier post?

Steve W
Regular MemberPosts: 441Gear list
Like?
In reply to jimkohn, 5 months ago

jimkohn wrote:

Not sure what you mean by "P setting". The implementation of program shift on the X-T1 is a pet peeve of mine with this camera. It only works if you are NOT in auto ISO and NOT in auto Dynamic Range. If you manually set ISO and Dynamic range you can use program shift via the front control dial. I hope they change this in a future firmware update.

Don't really use P mode but this is nice to know. Just tried it out and it works as you defined it.

Do you know if this works on the X-E2. I couldn't get it to work but maybe i overlooked something.

Steve W's gear list:Steve W's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E2 Sony Alpha 7R +30 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads