Judo throws with X-T1 & 56mm

Started 8 months ago | Discussions
Flyinmotion
Forum MemberPosts: 68
Like?
Judo throws with X-T1 & 56mm
8 months ago

These photos were taken from my son Judo belt test last night.

It was in CH mode.

Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
hypostatic
Forum MemberPosts: 78
Like?
Re: Judo throws with X-T1 & 56mm
In reply to Flyinmotion, 8 months ago

Very nice. Looks like he had fun! Pics are a bit dark to my eyes.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
LincolnB
Senior MemberPosts: 3,734Gear list
Like?

Nice, a little underexposed but nice. I'd have gone with a higher ISO and kept the shutter speed. I shoot a lot of indoor sports and they are difficult without extra lighting.

LincolnB's gear list:LincolnB's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS +4 more
afragisk
Contributing MemberPosts: 869
Like?

Did you apply any noise reduction to those ? Nik software might help here. Also, you probably know that, but the focus doesn't seem to be in the right place to me. In fact, apart from the first pic, the rest look out of focus. But if you decrease aperture, you now have to introduce even more noise! What a dilemma. I liked the first one.

-- hide signature --

http://www.flickr.com/photos/apollonas/
Fuji XE-2, Canon FD 300 4L, Fuji 55-200, Fuji 56 1.2, Fuji 27 2.8, Fuji 23 1.4, Fuji 14 2.8, Bower 8 2.8

kcamacho11
Senior MemberPosts: 1,503
Like?

Nice photos, but they are pretty under-exposed. I think adding +.07 EV would've been just right.

Flyinmotion
Like?
In reply to hypostatic, 8 months ago

hypostatic wrote:

Very nice. Looks like he had fun! Pics are a bit dark to my eyes.

Thanks. Yes, they are dark, but somehow I like to make my photos look darker and bright on the subject. BTW, none of these kids are my son. My son took the test earlier and I didn't have a good spot to shoot his throws.

Flyinmotion
Like?
In reply to LincolnB, 8 months ago

LincolnB wrote:

Nice, a little underexposed but nice. I'd have gone with a higher ISO and kept the shutter speed. I shoot a lot of indoor sports and they are difficult without extra lighting.

Thanks. No flash allowed. My son's Sensei is very nice. I'll ask him next time if I can use reflector.

Flyinmotion
Like?
In reply to afragisk, 8 months ago

afragisk wrote:

Did you apply any noise reduction to those ? Nik software might help here. Also, you probably know that, but the focus doesn't seem to be in the right place to me. In fact, apart from the first pic, the rest look out of focus. But if you decrease aperture, you now have to introduce even more noise! What a dilemma. I liked the first one.

-- hide signature --

http://www.flickr.com/photos/apollonas/
Fuji XE-2, Canon FD 300 4L, Fuji 55-200, Fuji 56 1.2, Fuji 27 2.8, Fuji 23 1.4, Fuji 14 2.8, Bower 8 2.8

I don't have Nik software. But, I agree with you that I like the first one too.

LincolnB
Senior MemberPosts: 3,734Gear list
Like?

Flyinmotion wrote:

LincolnB wrote:

Thanks. No flash allowed. My son's Sensei is very nice. I'll ask him next time if I can use reflector.

I don't think that will help. I'd just go with the higher ISO.

LincolnB's gear list:LincolnB's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS +4 more
tlinn
Regular MemberPosts: 469Gear list
Like?

Thanks for sharing these images.  I'm curious as to what focus mode you were using and what part of the scene were you were focusing on.

tlinn's gear list:tlinn's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +9 more
Robert Garcia NYC
Senior MemberPosts: 1,068Gear list
Like?
In reply to tlinn, 8 months ago

Love it. These don't need any noise reduction they look great like this. Maybe a little brighter I hope you don't mind but this is one click on a curve adjustment layer (the Auto button).

wyldberi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,778Gear list
Like?

Too bad these photos don't count.

Everyone knows Fuji cameras are incapable of shooting sports.

Flyinmotion wrote:

These photos were taken from my son Judo belt test last night.

It was in CH mode.

Flyinmotion
Like?
In reply to tlinn, 8 months ago

tlinn wrote:

Thanks for sharing these images. I'm curious as to what focus mode you were using and what part of the scene were you were focusing on.

Thanks. Image #1 & #7 were in S/S/Spot metering. #2-#6 were in S/CH/Spot metering.

PunishedPixels
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?

Good start, but as everyone else puts it. A bit underexposed. Maybe the camera was fooled by all the white in the scene. Some exposure comp would have done the trick.

How do you like the focus speed of the 56mm. I find it a little jumpy and not quite as good as my previous Nikon lenses. But they are very sharp right from 1.2.

Flyinmotion
Like?
In reply to PunishedPixels, 8 months ago

PunishedPixels wrote:

Good start, but as everyone else puts it. A bit underexposed. Maybe the camera was fooled by all the white in the scene. Some exposure comp would have done the trick.

Thanks. I agreed the white uniforms might confuse it. I'll try Multiple metering next time.

How do you like the focus speed of the 56mm. I find it a little jumpy and not quite as good as my previous Nikon lenses. But they are very sharp right from 1.2.

X-T1 with 23mm & 56mm are my first camera system, so I can't compare with others. But, I like the 56mm more than 23mm and I use it 85% in my shots. In dim condition, 56mm is not quite good as 23mm, but it's not a deal breaker for me. As long as it focuses and give me good images are what I'm after.

forpetessake
Senior MemberPosts: 3,894
Like?

Were you shooting in Velvia mode? The colors, to put it mildly, look strange.

Flyinmotion
Like?
In reply to forpetessake, 8 months ago

Were you shooting in Velvia mode? The colors, to put it mildly, look strange.

Shot in Std and used Velvia in PP.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads