K 135mm F2.5 bokeh

Started 5 months ago | Photos
fvalduga
Junior MemberPosts: 26Gear list
Like?
K 135mm F2.5 bokeh
5 months ago

The bokeh of this lens still amazes me. It looks like painting to me. Feel free to share yours. Thanks!

K135mm 2.5 wide open

fvalduga's gear list:fvalduga's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Samsung GX-10 Samsung D-Xenon 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG Macro Apple Aperture +7 more
robbo d
Contributing MemberPosts: 965Gear list
Like?
Re: K 135mm F2.5 bokeh
In reply to fvalduga, 5 months ago

......your right, that looks real nice to me. Has good potential for portrait work as well ??

robbo d's gear list:robbo d's gear list
Pentax K-x Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
fvalduga
Like?
In reply to robbo d, 5 months ago

robbo d wrote:

......your right, that looks real nice to me. Has good potential for portrait work as well ??

Thanks! I believe it is a little long for portraits since it is equivalent to a 200mm (35mm) mounted on a APS-C camera.

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Samsung GX-10 Samsung D-Xenon 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG Macro Apple Aperture +7 more
waxwaine
Contributing MemberPosts: 957Gear list
Like?

It´s a lens with a lot of character. Similar render as SMC-M 50mm f1.4, like a big bro.

On the picture above, exif shows a wrong focal lenght because I didn´t input that information correctly before shooting, but this was taken certainly with my SMC-K 135mm f2.5 at f2.5.

fvalduga
Like?
In reply to waxwaine, 5 months ago

Nice shot waxwaine! One of the reasons that I like Pentax is the fact that we can use these legacy lenses easily...and there are plenty of them. They are cheap, well built (all metal), and have very good optics.

Cheers,

Felipe

A few more photos with this lens...

dandeluca
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?

Wow, that really is lovely.

MightyMike
Forum ProPosts: 30,616
Like?

Well shot, I feel the same way about my Sigma 24mm F1.8, up close its bokeh is second to none!

-- hide signature --

Mike from Canada
"I am not a great photographer! God is a great creator! All I do is capture His creation with the tools He has provided me."
'I like to think so far outside the box that it would require a telephoto lens just to see the box!' ~ 'My Quote :)'
http://www.michaelfastphotography.com/galleries/VP-BDI_3a.jpg
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?sort_order=views%20DESC&first_this_page=0&page_limit=180&&emailsearch=mighty_mike88%40hotmail.com&thumbnails=

brecklundin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,944Gear list
Like?
downright ourdy & painterly....

Nice example.  I just bought a copy of the SMC Tak 135/3.5 and can't wait to take it for a spin but your shot reminds me what a keep that 135/2.5 is and I "must" have one.  

brecklundin's gear list:brecklundin's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM +3 more
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 25,865
Like?

Outstanding image quality and bokeh with that lens. Very well done. I like it.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

fvalduga
Like?

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Cheers,

Felipe

Tucabert
Regular MemberPosts: 103Gear list
Like?

fvalduga wrote:

The bokeh of this lens still amazes me. It looks like painting to me. Feel free to share yours. Thanks!

K135mm 2.5 wide open

Is this the Super Takumar you are referring to?

Tucabert's gear list:Tucabert's gear list
Pentax K-30 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Adobe Photoshop CS6 extended +3 more
fvalduga
Like?
In reply to Tucabert, 5 months ago

Tucabert wrote:

Is this the Super Takumar you are referring to?

Nope. It is the Pentax-K.

KentG
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,618
Like?
In reply to brandrx, 5 months ago

I still have my SMC-Takumar version of that lens which has similar performance to the K-mount version but not quite as good. Many of the K series lenses were carry-overs from their M42 line. However the K 125/2.5 was a different optical design and had 2 more elements than the SMC-T, Takumar (Bayonet) 135/2.5 or 135/2.8 or the Pentax A 125/2.8.

Kent Gittings

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads