70-200mm F4 on A6000

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
utahkelly
Junior MemberPosts: 33Gear list
Like?
70-200mm F4 on A6000
6 months ago

This is what the 70-200 looks like on a A6000.

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
miro3
Senior MemberPosts: 1,903Gear list
Like?
Re: 70-200mm F4 on A6000
In reply to utahkelly, 6 months ago

is that the FE 70-200?

miro3's gear list:miro3's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
miro3
Like?

obviously not a good idea

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
dbm305
Contributing MemberPosts: 771Gear list
Like?
In reply to miro3, 6 months ago

Actually  a great idea!

I got one for my A7r; but we use it more on my partner's A6000 for continuous AF, where it's not quite as good as the 5DIII used to be (it had fantastic tracking even if only 5 or 6 FPS) but not too far off.

You just have to think of the lens as the thing you are carrying with your left hand, and the camera is a little back you attach to the lens that has some controls on..

It's actually quite comfortable...

dbm305's gear list:dbm305's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +15 more
paul1508
Regular MemberPosts: 366
Like?
In reply to dbm305, 6 months ago

Something like a very big QX100

miro3
Like?
In reply to paul1508, 6 months ago

paul1508 wrote:

Something like a very big QX100

with the emphasis on VERY

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
D Cox
Senior MemberPosts: 8,013
Like?

miro3 wrote:

Why not ?

miro3
Like?
In reply to D Cox, 6 months ago

D Cox wrote:

miro3 wrote:

Why not ?

The lens is too big and heavy, and difficult to balance with that small body, with a medium-sized grip

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
jpr2
Forum ProPosts: 13,839Gear list
Like?
re: what it does look like doesn't matter, although I'd prefer it to be BLACK

However much more interesting are the shots - esp. of fast action targets - that you might have captured with combo. In particular wide open at long end, and of small[ish] targets (dogs, kids) running straight at the lens !!

jpr2

JurijTurnsek
Regular MemberPosts: 206Gear list
Like?

miro3 wrote:

D Cox wrote:

miro3 wrote:

Why not ?

The lens is too big and heavy, and difficult to balance with that small body, with a medium-sized grip

So does that mean DSLR shooters tumble backwards when the use small prime lenses? Get a grip.

JurijTurnsek's gear list:JurijTurnsek's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +1 more
Steven-T
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,109Gear list
Like?
Re: re: what it does look like doesn't matter, although I'd prefer it to be BLACK
In reply to jpr2, 6 months ago

jpr2 wrote:

However much more interesting are the shots - esp. of fast action targets - that you might have captured with combo. In particular wide open at long end, and of small[ish] targets (dogs, kids) running straight at the lens !!

jpr2

How about a beautiful Humming Bird (green-ish blue-ish orange-ish colors?), on the tree at the other side of the pond? And you want to get a clear view of the little babe dancing up-and-down left-and-right behind the tree branches on a shady day?  Most probably need major cropping at home too . . .

Steven

Steven-T's gear list:Steven-T's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Leica M9 Nikon D800E Sony Alpha 7R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
jpr2
Like?
Steven: alas, we don't have hummers on our side of the Pond...
In reply to Steven-T, 6 months ago

Steven-T wrote:

jpr2 wrote:

How about a beautiful Humming Bird (green-ish blue-ish orange-ish colors?), on the tree at the other side of the pond? And you want to get a clear view of the little babe dancing up-and-down left-and-right behind the tree branches on a shady day? Most probably need major cropping at home too . . .

Steven

...other than the Moth Hawk variety (also pretty tough to photograph, and even tougher to FIND). So... yes, that would be highly interesting too. No hands-on experience, though, but... perhaps mine EF 300/4L IS in manual-focusing mode would have a chance, esp. as it is optimized for MFD only 1.2 meters??

jpr2

Tuloom
Senior MemberPosts: 1,272
Like?
In reply to JurijTurnsek, 6 months ago

JurijTurnsek wrote:

miro3 wrote:

D Cox wrote:

miro3 wrote:

Why not ?

So does that mean DSLR shooters tumble backwards when the use small prime lenses? Get a grip.

Classic.

jpr2
Like?
ROLF :D :D :D (n/t)
In reply to JurijTurnsek, 6 months ago

jpr2

miro3
Like?
In reply to Tuloom, 6 months ago

Tuloom wrote:

JurijTurnsek wrote:

miro3 wrote:

D Cox wrote:

miro3 wrote:

Why not ?

Classic.

Mediocre.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
Siobhan A
Forum MemberPosts: 72
Like?
That must be a fake

I hope that is not the real FE 70-200. There is no advantage over a small DSLR.

Tuloom
Senior MemberPosts: 1,272
Like?
Re: That must be a fake
In reply to Siobhan A, 6 months ago

Siobhan A wrote:

I hope that is not the real FE 70-200. There is no advantage over a DSLR.

Except that one can take it off and use a tiny 50 Cron, or the wee CV15, maybe the spectacular a G28, and the 120 gram FE35, and the SEL35, or a 35 Lux, or.....

Steven-T
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,109Gear list
Like?
jpr2: Our ponds in the park are all fenced . . . and, Don't feed wildlife!
In reply to jpr2, 6 months ago

jpr2 wrote:

Steven-T wrote:

jpr2 wrote:

How about a beautiful Humming Bird (green-ish blue-ish orange-ish colors?), on the tree at the other side of the pond? And you want to get a clear view of the little babe dancing up-and-down left-and-right behind the tree branches on a shady day? Most probably need major cropping at home too . . .

Steven

...other than the Moth Hawk variety (also pretty tough to photograph, and even tougher to FIND). So... yes, that would be highly interesting too. No hands-on experience, though, but... perhaps mine EF 300/4L IS in manual-focusing mode would have a chance, esp. as it is optimized for MFD only 1.2 meters??

jpr2

Let me adapt my A7R onto my Nikkor AIS 800/5.6 and give the dancing Moth Hawk a try, if I can find one . . .  No VR, No AF-S, No anything, just brute force, manual everything, with a Wimberley G-II on a Gitzo 5-4 . . .  Will add a 2x TC if needed!  Oh, what's a sunny day.

Steven

Steven-T's gear list:Steven-T's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Leica M9 Nikon D800E Sony Alpha 7R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
Siobhan A
Forum MemberPosts: 72
Like?
Re: That must be a fake
In reply to Tuloom, 6 months ago

Tuloom wrote:

Siobhan A wrote:

I hope that is not the real FE 70-200. There is no advantage over a DSLR.

Except that one can take it off and use a tiny 50 Cron, or the wee CV15, maybe the spectacular a G28, and the 120 gram FE35, and the SEL35, or a 35 Lux, or.....

I am sure the FE 70-200 is not that big, but since the price is so high a Canon lens and DSLR could be had instead while keeping the A6000.   A NEX 6 and DSLR would be even less expensive but but better option too.

jpr2
Like?
Steven: good luck!! here is one for you to whet an appetite (alas, not mine)
In reply to Steven-T, 6 months ago

Steven-T wrote:

jpr2 wrote:

Steven-T wrote:

jpr2 wrote:

Steven

jpr2

Let me adapt my A7R onto my Nikkor AIS 800/5.6 and give the dancing Moth Hawk a try, if I can find one . . . No VR, No AF-S, No anything, just brute force, manual everything, with a Wimberley G-II on a Gitzo 5-4 . . . Will add a 2x TC if needed! Oh, what's a sunny day.

Steven

by the way, I was always wondering how it would be to... carry all that weight of Wimberlys, Gimbals, etc. (oh yes... not to forget the 800/5.6 monster )?

Hawk-moth by Mr. Chapel (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mr_chapel/3981029576/)

or should you prefer other angles (development stages).

jpr2

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads