PART 2- This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.04.19 -PART 2

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
Wormsmeat
Senior MemberPosts: 4,488Gear list
Like?
PART 2- This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.04.19 -PART 2
6 months ago

Part 2 is now being launched before Part 1 is finished.

• This allows people to continue to post comments about existing pics in Part 1
  • It will prevents the tail-enders on Part 1 getting no comments at all.
  • Feel free to continue to post comments and replies to Part 1 BUT...
  • Now Part 2 has been launched, post all new photographs here.
 Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: PART 2- This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.04.19 -PART 2
In reply to Wormsmeat, 6 months ago

Florida - this ain't gonna work...

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Ednaz
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,376
Like?
O God, I could be bounded in a nutshell...

... and think myself a king of infinite space...

A hellebore.

Sleeping bee 1... sacked out on the flower in the shade, so still not warm enough to fly away.

Sleeping bee 2 right nearby.  I noticed both of these guys, but I did NOT notice the very large snake that was under my legs when I sat down to shoot these pictures... until it took off fast a few minutes into my shooting.  No, I did not get that picture.  No I did not have to change my pants.

Some tulips were opening in very interesting ways.

Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: O God, I could be bounded in a nutshell...
In reply to Ednaz, 6 months ago

Ednaz wrote:

... and think myself a king of infinite space...

You could be.

All alone in Part 2. Infinity stretching before you...

Good pics BTW.

yyr
yyr
Senior MemberPosts: 2,803
Like?

Wormsmeat wrote:

What about running two parallel threads? One for those whose username is A-L and a second for those where it's M-Z. Some people will get it wrong but a lot won't. People might actually notice if there are two running side by side (more or less)

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 4,674Gear list
Like?
I have a new lens

So here is the other project to which I referred in the Part 1 thread, if you are interested...

Panasonic 7-14 - Usage tips for UWA neophyte

I need lots of help so I didn't want to play piggy by posting them in this thread.

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Wormsmeat
Like?
In reply to yyr, 6 months ago

Suggested that. I agree.

daniel broad
Regular MemberPosts: 235
Like?

someone just bought the Nik suite alert... anyway, the old harbour was full of grizzled and weathered life. Flaking paint and boats... another cliche I love to shoot!

Not just HDR practice, though - and it's not just the boats that look to have seen serious service over the years! Anyway, having a tonne of fun with the Nik suite but as ever with these things need to tame it for proper stuff. Anyway, shot these two whilst balancing a 5-yr-old on my shoulders. Not bad for an afternoon walk!

Martin.au
Senior MemberPosts: 6,088Gear list
Like?
Smaugull

Well I'm gonna post in this thread so nyah.

A seagull who wants to be a dragon, like Smaug.

Hey look! I'm Smaug!!!

sit down, ya turkey.

Martin.au's gear list:Martin.au's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
yyr
yyr
Senior MemberPosts: 2,803
Like?

Wormsmeat wrote:

Suggested that. I agree.

Ah sorry - I don't remember that. Only that you suggested something about dogs and cats being in different threads.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

assaft
Contributing MemberPosts: 901Gear list
Like?
Tulips in Lisse

I had a nice biking tour to the tulip fields in Lisse last weekend. The weather was pretty good and the blossom was already close to the peak at most places (it started very early this season) . Except for a few pictures that were taken with a mobile phone, I used an E-PL2 with three lenses - the 20/1.7, 14/2.5 and 45/1.8, mostly with a polarizer. Most of them were processed in LR with the Camera Vivid profile. If someone is interested in a similar tour to see this wonder, my route was: Hillegom -> Keukenhof -> Beach -> Schulpweg -> Hillegom, as can be seen here. It's approx. 30km.

assaft's gear list:assaft's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +5 more
Lumixdude
Senior MemberPosts: 2,782Gear list
Like?

Testing out my 14-42 II with a Raynox DCR-250 diopter. It makes the 14-42 ridiculously sharp and its almost as nice at this focal length as the Panasonic 35-100. There is no editing in this image, only processing for colour and contrast adjustments.

-- hide signature --

Follow me online at http://blog.roumelio.com

Lumixdude's gear list:Lumixdude's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Apple iPhone 4 +2 more
assaft
Contributing MemberPosts: 901Gear list
Like?
Re: O God, I could be bounded in a nutshell...
In reply to Ednaz, 6 months ago

Nice shots. I liked the lighting in the tulip shots.

assaft's gear list:assaft's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +5 more
GeorgianBay1939
Senior MemberPosts: 2,362Gear list
Like?
Cooper's or Sharp-shinned Hawk?

Whilst "roadside shooting" today I came upon a classic fight:  Hawk fighting for a meal, Blue Jay fighting for its life.

Hawk was chasing the bedraggled Jay through a tag alder thicket. Wheeling and diving. Then the Jay hid low down and Hawk paused to surveil the area, giving me a chance to back the truck up a few yards to get these photos.

Then the bird shifted so I shot again anticipating a take-off, but got the back end of the bird:

Posterior view of hawk

Final adjustment of hawk before diving down...

I have gone to the Cornell site but am unsure of the ID of this hawk.

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Coopers_Hawk/id

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/sharp-shinned_hawk/id

Can anyone tell me, with reasons, what this bird is?

Many thanks,

Tom

PS  I think that the Jay escaped.  It waited for the Hawk to dive downwards off of its perch.  Then the Jay scooted out to the side and flew into a thick pine about 20 yards away.  As the Hawk flew up the the course of the thicket, the Jay used the pine as a shield and went 180º to the Hawk, escaping quietly.  I think.   Although I stayed in the location for several minutes no further commotion was witnessed.

GeorgianBay1939's gear list:GeorgianBay1939's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +7 more
Like?
Re: Cooper's or Sharp-shinned Hawk?
In reply to GeorgianBay1939, 6 months ago
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Ulric
Senior MemberPosts: 2,623Gear list
Like?

Wormsmeat wrote:

Ulric's gear list:Ulric's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +6 more
Like?
In reply to yyr, 6 months ago

yyr wrote:

Wormsmeat wrote:

What about running two parallel threads? One for those whose username is A-L and a second for those where it's M-Z. Some people will get it wrong but a lot won't. People might actually notice if there are two running side by side (more or less)

We need to be careful with that. If folks start only giving feedback in their own version of the thread we will break up the community we've established. You can emphasize that they are free to give feedback in both, but will they? If you are scanning a thread anyway for feedback to the photos you posted, you are much more likely to see and comment on the other photos there.

We are only two weeks into doing this. I think that is the main problem. But, perhaps if some of us regulars made an effort to bump the Part 2 thread once it is started so people are more likely to see it in the list...

And of course, if some of us regulars post our photos in it instead of the Part 1 thread once its is established that would help to.

Even if only those who would have normally held off posting their photos until Part 1 filled up go looking for Part 2 we've still improved things from what they were.

If we end up establishing two separate groups we may keep the threads from filling up for the wrong reasons.

zenfr2009
Contributing MemberPosts: 882Gear list
Like?

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

> The garbage container is a toy, right ?

Perhaps it was the "Toy Program" !:-)

Just kidding, yes it was a small toy.

zenfr2009's gear list:zenfr2009's gear list
Leica X1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Fujifilm X100S Nikon D300S +2 more
Ulric
Senior MemberPosts: 2,623Gear list
Like?
Swedish Yellow Duck

Unfortunately there are only a few hundred left of this old breed, notable for its egg-laying capacity of up to 200 per year. This duckling is four weeks old.

Ulric's gear list:Ulric's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +6 more
Wormsmeat
Like?
In reply to daniel broad, 6 months ago

I think your choice of filters suits the subjects. NIK, like HDR, can be used very subtely too. You often see a touch of Dark Contrast on portraits in the Sunday Times these days. I'm guessing, but I have a decent NIK radar. I bought it on ebay.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads