Burst mode

Selective focus

3 metering modes

Audio Zoom

USB 3 and Wifi  Downloading

Full Support in Lightroom 5.4

Full 4 G Support

All this Stuffed into my New Samsung Galaxy 5 S Cell Phone

I did a Big job at a large Estate home and Snapped a Couple quick shots in Auto mode

Next trip out to the Management area I will put it thru the paces including some Macro

capt bob's gear list:capt bob's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99 Sony a6000 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +25 more
William Curtindale
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,757Gear list
Like?
capt bob : Looks Like I Will Need To Learn A New Camera System
In reply to capt bob, 6 months ago

Bob, I have the Note 3. Yeah, these things are amazing.

I used the USB cable from my camera to an OTG cable and uploaded my A99 RAW files to the Note 3 where I have 96GB of storage.

I used RAWDroid to view the images on the Note 3 and then converted to jpg and uploaded to Picasa and FaceBook.  I can get onto DPreview and post comments from my Note 3 but there is not yet an Android app with capability to post photos to DPreview (hopefully down the road).

You will have lots of fun with the S5 and you will find many useful things to combine with the Sony Gear.

-- hide signature --

A99, A900, A700, R1, w/Zeiss + Sony G Glass
My Picasa Albums: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/109849611643818398019/albums My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/TheWillybug

William Curtindale's gear list:William Curtindale's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A99 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
pew pew
Contributing MemberPosts: 626Gear list
Like?
Re: Looks Like I Will Need To Learn A New Camera System

looks good at first glance, but when you zoom mushy mushy :3

pew pew's gear list:pew pew's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-3N Canon EOS 100D
brian14478
Senior MemberPosts: 3,530
Like?

Suprised at how well the shots look..the color and exposure is very decent for a phone? What a contrast in equipment you have. Very cool and for you handy, for others 'I have photography business and am on facebook' hahaha. Thanks for sharing-brian

capt bob
Senior MemberPosts: 1,624Gear list
Like?
Re: capt bob : Looks Like I Will Need To Learn A New Camera System
In reply to William Curtindale, 6 months ago

I have yet to delve into the backend of storage and rendering yet Bill only having it a couple days but fully intend to make it part of my unit. I might e mail you for App advise . I have been out with big glass and the MFD prevents some unique shots the S5 might come in handy . Nice that Lightroom supports it.

Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99 Sony a6000 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +25 more
capt bob
Like?
In reply to pew pew, 6 months ago

No doubt not quite ready for Pixel peeping yet cloudy conditions and IS switched off prob helps too, Started Raining just as I was wrapping up , I am willing to try and get some print worthy shots but not sure how good populated infinity shots will be overall , I do intend to use it more like a Camera than a Camera Phone .

tbcass
Forum ProPosts: 18,215Gear list
Like?

As long as the cell phone camera limitations don't bother you I wish you luck.
--
Tom

Look at the picture, not the pixels
------------
Miss use of the ability to do 100% pixel peeping is the bane of digital photography because it causes people to fret over inconsequential issues.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63683676@N07/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25301400@N00/

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +6 more
William Curtindale
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,757Gear list
Like?
capt bob (apps) : Looks Like I Will Need To Learn A New Camera System

These are my photo apps:

I use the LightMeter and DOF Calculator with my A99 and A900.

I use RawDroid to view RAW files after downloaded from the A99 and A900 to the Note 3.  I also use the RawDroid to convert the RAW files to jpg.

I have used the RCCDroid as a remote to fire the A99 (more development in the works).

I find the Exif Viewer for evaluating shots from the A99, A900 and Note 3.

PicsArt is fun for manipulating images and adding art.

Camera FV-5 gives more control and capability to the Note 3 camera.

Have fun with all the limitless apps.

capt bob wrote:

I have yet to delve into the backend of storage and rendering yet Bill only having it a couple days but fully intend to make it part of my unit. I might e mail you for App advise . I have been out with big glass and the MFD prevents some unique shots the S5 might come in handy . Nice that Lightroom supports it.

-- hide signature --

A99, A900, A700, R1, w/Zeiss + Sony G Glass
My Picasa Albums: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/109849611643818398019/albums My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/TheWillybug

William Curtindale's gear list:William Curtindale's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A99 +15 more
Sam_Oslo
Senior MemberPosts: 2,527Gear list
Like?

Welcome to the club.

These Camera-Phones are getting better daily, and revolutionizing the photography for masses, with a reactively good IQ in small and light package that is ALWAYS in your pocket.

I'm having lot of fun with my Nokia Lumia 1520, specially for landscape.

Nokia Lumia 1520

Sam_Oslo's gear list:Sam_Oslo's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 20mm F2.8 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +2 more
capt bob
Like?
In reply to Sam_Oslo, 6 months ago

It's was overcast and rainy here on the Gulf Coast of Florida but wanted to try a couple Macro shots

Gary Eickmeier
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,452
Like?

It looked like it was compressed data all over the place. Sharp edges but little in the middle. Is there a better mode for shooting, like less compressed, or better way of transferring to the computer? I realize that there were several steps on the way to being uploaded to your dpreview gallery.

I am attracted to the Samsung phones too, but my daughter warns me to get an i-Phone.

-- hide signature --

Gary Eickmeier

capt bob
Like?
In reply to Gary Eickmeier, 6 months ago

Gary I think I had it in  HDR mode  , It was overcast  and was trying dif settings , Actually loading and downloading is  as easy  as my Camera LR 5.4  picks it right up.  Although was more contrasty after uploading  I am  sure I have some  work to do to dial it in  but as Sam said it's  at least  always a Camera onboard.

I really need to try some Manual with it too.

StayClassy
Regular MemberPosts: 229Gear list
Like?

Sorry mate, but you're still hopelessly behind the Lumia Master Race. I dare you to pull the loupe out on these shots, as these are the original DNG's converted to JPEG, but still 38.3mp.

1020 reporting in. First shot taken without the flash, handheld.

Handheld @ the Auto Show with the Porsche 918

Macro shot of the new driver inside of the Bowers and Wilkins P7's.

Have you ever taken a shot and wished you could see yourself better? No problems here. But all my friends with GS4's and Note's hate me when I do this all the time and get full crops better than their uncropped photos.

No phone can beat the Lumia Master Race.

-- hide signature --

www.facebook.com/capturedsociety www.capturedsociety.com

StayClassy's gear list:StayClassy's gear list
Sony SLT-A99
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads