GX7 and LX7 screen protectors

Started Apr 18, 2014 | Questions
mdmiataman
Forum MemberPosts: 51Gear list
Like?
GX7 and LX7 screen protectors
Apr 18, 2014

I have had no luck in finding a decent screen protector for my LX7 and GX7 cameras. Unlike the perfectly made and exact sized screen protectors I found for my Galaxy Note 2 cell phone, the ones I have ordered from Amazon (Savies-FairPricesUS) were absolutely terrible being 2mm longer on the height and 7mm short on the length. I don't mind paying for quality, but I refuse to pay $15.00 for a single protector either.

Does anyone in the forum have a decent recommendation for these cameras ?

mdmiataman's gear list:mdmiataman's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon ELPH 310 HS Nikon D5100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Ranlee
Contributing MemberPosts: 816Gear list
Like?
Re: GX7 and LX7 screen protectors
In reply to mdmiataman, Apr 18, 2014

mdmiataman wrote:

I have had no luck in finding a decent screen protector for my LX7 and GX7 cameras. Unlike the perfectly made and exact sized screen protectors I found for my Galaxy Note 2 cell phone, the ones I have ordered from Amazon (Savies-FairPricesUS) were absolutely terrible being 2mm longer on the height and 7mm short on the length. I don't mind paying for quality, but I refuse to pay $15.00 for a single protector either.

http://www.amazon.com/GGS-Optical-Screen-Protector-Panasonic/dp/B004GWUYYU

This is a very thin optical glass.  It is made for the Lx5 but fits the LX7 and GX7 perfectly.  I think it might cause a small sensitivity loss on the GX7 touch screen but I'm not at all sure.  Obviously I can't test it for sure without removing it.  I don't have my LX7 anymore but the GGS was on mine for about a year with no problems.  Looked good as new when I sold it.

-- hide signature --

Randy

Ranlee's gear list:Ranlee's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Chas11
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
In reply to mdmiataman, Apr 19, 2014

This one fit my LX7 perfectly. It was easy to apply and doesn't seem to affect the LCD image. I can't tell it's there.

http://www.amazon.com/REALOOK-Panasonic-DMC-LX7-Protector-Crystal/dp/B004IFRFWY

Chas2
Senior MemberPosts: 2,769Gear list
Like?
In reply to Ranlee, Apr 19, 2014

Ranlee wrote:

mdmiataman wrote:

I have had no luck in finding a decent screen protector for my LX7 and GX7 cameras. Unlike the perfectly made and exact sized screen protectors I found for my Galaxy Note 2 cell phone, the ones I have ordered from Amazon (Savies-FairPricesUS) were absolutely terrible being 2mm longer on the height and 7mm short on the length. I don't mind paying for quality, but I refuse to pay $15.00 for a single protector either.

http://www.amazon.com/GGS-Optical-Screen-Protector-Panasonic/dp/B004GWUYYU

This is a very thin optical glass. It is made for the Lx5 but fits the LX7 and GX7 perfectly. I think it might cause a small sensitivity loss on the GX7 touch screen but I'm not at all sure. Obviously I can't test it for sure without removing it. I don't have my LX7 anymore but the GGS was on mine for about a year with no problems. Looked good as new when I sold it.

-- hide signature --

Randy

Optical glass is fragile, and I have had 3 of them. Reason I had 3 is because two broke from little impacts on my GF1 and LX5.  I ended up with an ACMAXX  polycarbonate shield with cut out for the EVF for my LX5, but this would not work with the touch screen.  I would research the GGS carefully to see what it does to the touchscreen.  Intuitively, I think you will end up losing functionality....

I would use this GearMaxx Antiglare  from eBay. It works perfectly on my GX7 with no loss in sensitivity.

Chas2's gear list:Chas2's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +14 more
mdmiataman
Forum MemberPosts: 51Gear list
Like?
In reply to Chas11, Apr 19, 2014

thankx Chas

mdmiataman's gear list:mdmiataman's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon ELPH 310 HS Nikon D5100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +1 more
brentbrent
Senior MemberPosts: 1,152Gear list
Like?

I bought this one from Amazon and found it a perfect fit: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FW578MG

The first review on Amazon is mine.  The second review, curiously, complains that it is a bad fit.

???

-- hide signature --

Brent

brentbrent's gear list:brentbrent's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +7 more
mrc4nl
Regular MemberPosts: 253
Like?
Re: matte screenprotectors from amazon

i bought these: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00F0YDYWC/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They are great in reducing reflections like the sun, good visibility outdoor

harryw66
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
Re: matte screenprotectors from amazon
In reply to mrc4nl, Apr 22, 2014

I can recommend Expert Shield - a bit expensive but quality stuff - been using them for a while o on my cameras, tablets and phones.

http://www.expertshielduk.com/panasonic-lumix-gx7-expert-shield.html

They dont seem to list LX7 - but if you email them they are usually quick to respond and advise.

Cheers!

PS Snap on the cameras - I also have an LX7 and GX7 - great combination...

harryw66's gear list:harryw66's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +1 more
wsalopek
Regular MemberPosts: 184Gear list
Like?
In reply to Chas2, 5 months ago

Chas2 wrote:

Optical glass is fragile, and I have had 3 of them. Reason I had 3 is because two broke from little impacts on my GF1 and LX5. I ended up with an ACMAXX polycarbonate shield with cut out for the EVF for my LX5, but this would not work with the touch screen. I would research the GGS carefully to see what it does to the touchscreen. Intuitively, I think you will end up losing functionality....

I would use this GearMaxx Antiglare from eBay. It works perfectly on my GX7 with no loss in sensitivity.

Just FYI...the glass-type screen protectors are made for phones as well.  In fact I have one on my Samsung Note II...it works great...no loss in touch screen sensitivity (or if there is any, it's less than I can tell).

I have switched all my equipment over to the glass-type protectors as they are SO much easier to install and seem very durable...bubbles are a thing of the past.

Bill

wsalopek's gear list:wsalopek's gear list
Nikon D600 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +1 more
Big Ga
Forum ProPosts: 17,182
Like?
In reply to mdmiataman, 5 months ago

mdmiataman wrote:

Ex-Pro® 3 x Pro Guard Ultra Clear View LCD Screen Protectors

ebay 371172295936

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads