D800 fn button odd behavior

Started 7 months ago | Questions
Ketil Skogen
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
D800 fn button odd behavior
7 months ago

I have fiddled around with the menu settings on my D800 off and on. I have presently assigned spot metering to "press fn button only" and toggle image area to "fn button + control wheel". As far as I remember this used to work fine, but now pressing the fn button activates the image area selection without touching the wheel. Spot metering cannot be activated unless I turn all wheel options off in the menu. Does anyone recognize this?

Ketil

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
coronawithlime
Senior MemberPosts: 2,154Gear list
Like?
Re: D800 fn button odd behavior
In reply to Ketil Skogen, 7 months ago

Ketil Skogen wrote:

I have fiddled around with the menu settings on my D800 off and on. I have presently assigned spot metering to "press fn button only" and toggle image area to "fn button + control wheel". As far as I remember this used to work fine, but now pressing the fn button activates the image area selection without touching the wheel. Spot metering cannot be activated unless I turn all wheel options off in the menu. Does anyone recognize this?

Ketil

You have to select either Button only or Button + wheel only. Can't do both.

Some combinations behave differently. For instance,I have Spot Meter and Speed/Aperture Lock assigned to the Preview button.

-- hide signature --

http://www.nightstreets.com
-
"Sick cultures show a complex of symptoms such as you have named...but a dying culture invariable exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners is more significant than a riot."
This symptom is especially serious in that an individual displaying it never thinks of it as a sign of ill health but as proof of his/her strength. ...Friday, it is too late to save this culture--this worldwide culture... Therefore we must now prepare the monasteries for the coming Dark Age. Electronic records are too fragile..."
--Robert A. Heinlein in "Friday"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
lickity split
Senior MemberPosts: 1,102Gear list
Like?
In reply to Ketil Skogen, 7 months ago

Ketil Skogen wrote:

Ketil

Check to see if assigned spot metering to the preview button.

lickity split's gear list:lickity split's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +7 more
Ketil Skogen
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
In reply to lickity split, 7 months ago

lickity split wrote:

Ketil Skogen wrote:

Ketil

Check to see if assigned spot metering to the preview button.

That is possible, but only if nothing is assigned to pw+wheel. Some combinations are not possible to select, OK, but others can be selected. One would expect that if they can be selected, they should also work.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads