The onset of an attack on German positions

Machine gun - Russian army infantry

The attack of German infantry against Russian army troops was successful

tree11b
Contributing MemberPosts: 561Gear list
Like?
Re: Massive historical reconstruction - The First World War
In reply to kvich2141, 8 months ago

Very interesting group of photos. But, "Brrrr!" They sure look cold. Reminds me of basic training in the army in the winter in snow. It was cold then, you never really got warm. War is hell, and cold winters don't help anything.

Thank you for posting.

-- hide signature --

Jim

tree11b's gear list:tree11b's gear list
Canon PowerShot A530 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS15 FastStone Image Viewer
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Sergeg
Senior MemberPosts: 2,639Gear list
Like?

Fantastic sequence of images, look like production stills from a movie, how did you get such close access? Well done.

Sergeg's gear list:Sergeg's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Nikon D800 Pentax K-30 +3 more
kvich2141
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
In reply to Sergeg, 8 months ago

Sergeg wrote:

Fantastic sequence of images, look like production stills from a movie, how did you get such close access? Well done.

Serge, good evening!

Are you serious?

I think that my knowledge in digital photography and postprocessing procedures especially are very low.

That's why I sold all my Sony / Minolta equipment, because I can't use more than 5 % of possible potential of this cameras and lenses.

Next - I clearly understand that the postprocessing is nessesary in this day like water and food, but my skills haven't improved.

I don't feel that I can find power to improve my skills without serious pressure from outside or inside.

How did i get such close access?

I am two meters high plus DMC-FZ200 have a 24X zoom on a board

Of course I am missing my heavy Minolta 100-400 lens and Sony A700 with cropped matrix for getting as mush as possible - max 15x zoom with much more quality for successful postprocessing.

Regards,

Yuri

in_focus
Forum ProPosts: 18,044
Like?

Very convincing series, Yuri.. good action shots and compositions - wish the Wars would remain at this stage - big boys games only with ending in local pub .. well captured and presented, thank you for sharing..

Cheers,

-- hide signature --

Bruno

djddpr
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,343
Like?

Kvich2141,

Quite a production and well recorded by you.  Your FZ200 serves you well.  Thanks for getting so close to the action.

David Dollevoet

Sergeg
Like?

"Next - I clearly understand that the postprocessing is nessesary in this day like water and food, but my skills haven't improved."

Yuri, don't get so obsessed with post processing, you demonstrate good framing skills and capturing the action, timing. Image processing is good for correcting minor elements, but a badly composed, poorly lit or plain uninspired shooting style, cannot be transformed into a masterpiece after the fact.

Some people like to labor the point to ad nauseum. Get it right in the camera, as you obviously demonstrate that you can, the FZ200 ia marvelous tool which most of the time will give excellent results straight out of the camera.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Nikon D800 Pentax K-30 +3 more
kvich2141
Like?
In reply to Sergeg, 8 months ago

Sergeg wrote:

"Next - I clearly understand that the postprocessing is nessesary in this day like water and food, but my skills haven't improved."

Yuri, don't get so obsessed with post processing, you demonstrate good framing skills and capturing the action, timing. Image processing is good for correcting minor elements, but a badly composed, poorly lit or plain uninspired shooting style, cannot be transformed into a masterpiece after the fact.

Some people like to labor the point to ad nauseum. Get it right in the camera, as you obviously demonstrate that you can, the FZ200 ia marvelous tool which most of the time will give excellent results straight out of the camera.

But the cat does not agree with your opinion

I will work as a model for food

Rodger1943
Senior MemberPosts: 4,916Gear list
Like?

An excellent series of shots, showing good composition and detail. Well done! Despite your lack of confidence you have taken some excellent photographs here and we are pleased you did.

Where was this reconstruction held?

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ200

Rodger1943's gear list:Rodger1943's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 +2 more
kvich2141
Like?
In reply to Rodger1943, 8 months ago

Rodger1943 wrote:

An excellent series of shots, showing good composition and detail. Well done! Despite your lack of confidence you have taken some excellent photographs here and we are pleased you did.

Where was this reconstruction held?

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ200

Almost 50 kilometers from the border of Moscow/ This area concentrates a lot of intersting places. We will start from historical army camp / club with modern amusement like strikeball, paintball, regular meetings of military / historical clubs and so on.

Next - huge horse farm with a lot of amusement too. The owners provide on a regular base a lot of meetings / show for everyone like horse show jumping, dressage, charity fairs and so on.

At last - technical museum with a completely different exibits on its territory. For me - without general purpose (idea) and looks motley. We can find inside a lot of rare military equipment and support enginery. Next - automobile museum with typical Soviet Union cars collection and also with best private collection of old Ford A and T models, a lot of unique exponates like rescue cross-country vehicles, heavy lifters and fire trucks.Some of the exibits were built in a single copy and you can see it only there.

Sergeg
Like?

kvich2141 wrote:

Sergeg wrote:

But the cat does not agree with your opinion

I will work as a model for food

Smart cat, at least she has an opinion

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads