Blood Moon

Started 11 months ago | Discussions
LDBOK
Contributing MemberPosts: 819Gear list
Like?
Blood Moon
11 months ago

K-3 with Sigma 150-500 and considerably cropped.

LDBOK's gear list:LDBOK's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO +13 more
Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
leopold
Forum ProPosts: 12,817Gear list
Like?
Re: Blood Moon
In reply to LDBOK, 11 months ago
 leopold's gear list:leopold's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Richard DK
Senior MemberPosts: 1,062Gear list
Like?

Yes, Very nice capture especially the color. I don't believe the eclipse was visible this far north. But it was overcast and I slept right thru that time period anyway. I'm glad the skies were clear over Oklahoma.

-- hide signature --

Dick K.
http://rkirkley.zenfolio.com
''The main difference between a professional photographer and an amateur is that the pro has a bigger waste basket'
John Shaw

Richard DK's gear list:Richard DK's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro +7 more
MightyMike
Forum ProPosts: 31,226
Like?

Nicely shot

-- hide signature --

Mike from Canada
"I am not a great photographer! God is a great creator! All I do is capture His creation with the tools He has provided me."
'I like to think so far outside the box that it would require a telephoto lens just to see the box!' ~ 'My Quote :)'
http://www.michaelfastphotography.com/galleries/VP-BDI_3a.jpg
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?sort_order=views%20DESC&first_this_page=0&page_limit=180&&emailsearch=mighty_mike88%40hotmail.com&thumbnails=

Wanganuilad
Senior MemberPosts: 2,210Gear list
Like?
In reply to MightyMike, 11 months ago

Nice shot

Bit overcast down here

K-01 F*300/4.5

K-5 K-01 Q some Len

LDBOK
Like?
Thanks everyone!
In reply to Wanganuilad, 11 months ago

To everyone who has replied I'd like to say thank you for your kind words.

Larry

Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO +13 more
BobORama
Senior MemberPosts: 1,859Gear list
Like?

Wanganuilad wrote:

Nice shot

Bit overcast down here

For me, it rained the while night.... I had a 650mm cat on tracking mount and time lapse rig ready to go... ( Insert Sad Trombones )

Glad someone got a nice view of it. I think the last 10 of them have been terribly cloudy weather.

http://vimeo.com/92080001

That is last one which was any good for me, it was a decade ago.   This was shot as 2mp stills from a Canon HV20 using the integrated zoom lens ( terrible for this sort of work )        I didn't have the proper gear to do it justice.   Not that I do, I'm sure never to see another eclipse as long as I live.

BobORama's gear list:BobORama's gear list
Pentax K-5 Sigma 10mm F2.8 EX DC HSM Diagonal Fisheye Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR +8 more
LDBOK
Like?
In reply to Richard DK, 11 months ago

Richard DK wrote:

Yes, Very nice capture especially the color. I don't believe the eclipse was visible this far north. But it was overcast and I slept right thru that time period anyway. I'm glad the skies were clear over Oklahoma.

-- hide signature --

Dick K.
http://rkirkley.zenfolio.com
''The main difference between a professional photographer and an amateur is that the pro has a bigger waste basket'
John Shaw

Thanks Dick, and yes it was very clear and also very cold for this time of year.

LDBOK
Like?
In reply to BobORama, 11 months ago

Sorry all your preparation was for naught, Bob. Hopefully you will have clear skies next time.

LDBOK
Like?

Wanganuilad wrote:

Nice shot

Bit overcast down here

K-01 F*300/4.5

K-5 K-01 Q some Len

Thanks,

You got an interesting, moody looking shot anyway.

Wanganuilad
Senior MemberPosts: 2,210Gear list
Like?

Cheers

It rose quickly into the bank of cloud as I struggled with tripod droop

-- hide signature --

K-5 K-01 Q some Len

Eli Allan
Forum MemberPosts: 96
Like?

Here's my attempt with the K01 and 170-500. The weather was beautifully clear here, but I really wanted to figure out some interesting foreground element to get into the frame and couldn't make it work.  I was hoping to get it cresting over the mountains but the eclipse was about an hour too late to match up.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads