Blood Moon

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
LDBOK
Contributing MemberPosts: 718Gear list
Like?
Blood Moon
5 months ago

K-3 with Sigma 150-500 and considerably cropped.

LDBOK's gear list:LDBOK's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO +11 more
Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
leopold
Forum ProPosts: 12,541Gear list
Like?
Re: Blood Moon
In reply to LDBOK, 5 months ago
 leopold's gear list:leopold's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Richard DK
Senior MemberPosts: 1,055Gear list
Like?

Yes, Very nice capture especially the color. I don't believe the eclipse was visible this far north. But it was overcast and I slept right thru that time period anyway. I'm glad the skies were clear over Oklahoma.

-- hide signature --

Dick K.
http://rkirkley.zenfolio.com
''The main difference between a professional photographer and an amateur is that the pro has a bigger waste basket'
John Shaw

Richard DK's gear list:Richard DK's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro +7 more
MightyMike
Forum ProPosts: 30,583
Like?

Nicely shot

-- hide signature --

Mike from Canada
"I am not a great photographer! God is a great creator! All I do is capture His creation with the tools He has provided me."
'I like to think so far outside the box that it would require a telephoto lens just to see the box!' ~ 'My Quote :)'
http://www.michaelfastphotography.com/galleries/VP-BDI_3a.jpg
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?sort_order=views%20DESC&first_this_page=0&page_limit=180&&emailsearch=mighty_mike88%40hotmail.com&thumbnails=

Wanganuilad
Senior MemberPosts: 2,180Gear list
Like?
In reply to MightyMike, 5 months ago

Nice shot

Bit overcast down here

K-01 F*300/4.5

K-5 K-01 Q some Len

LDBOK
Like?
Thanks everyone!
In reply to Wanganuilad, 5 months ago

To everyone who has replied I'd like to say thank you for your kind words.

Larry

Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO +11 more
BobORama
Senior MemberPosts: 1,633Gear list
Like?

Wanganuilad wrote:

Nice shot

Bit overcast down here

For me, it rained the while night.... I had a 650mm cat on tracking mount and time lapse rig ready to go... ( Insert Sad Trombones )

Glad someone got a nice view of it. I think the last 10 of them have been terribly cloudy weather.

http://vimeo.com/92080001

That is last one which was any good for me, it was a decade ago.   This was shot as 2mp stills from a Canon HV20 using the integrated zoom lens ( terrible for this sort of work )        I didn't have the proper gear to do it justice.   Not that I do, I'm sure never to see another eclipse as long as I live.

BobORama's gear list:BobORama's gear list
Pentax K-5 Sigma 10mm F2.8 EX DC HSM Diagonal Fisheye Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR +8 more
LDBOK
Like?
In reply to Richard DK, 5 months ago

Richard DK wrote:

Yes, Very nice capture especially the color. I don't believe the eclipse was visible this far north. But it was overcast and I slept right thru that time period anyway. I'm glad the skies were clear over Oklahoma.

-- hide signature --

Dick K.
http://rkirkley.zenfolio.com
''The main difference between a professional photographer and an amateur is that the pro has a bigger waste basket'
John Shaw

Thanks Dick, and yes it was very clear and also very cold for this time of year.

LDBOK
Like?
In reply to BobORama, 5 months ago

Sorry all your preparation was for naught, Bob. Hopefully you will have clear skies next time.

LDBOK
Like?

Wanganuilad wrote:

Nice shot

Bit overcast down here

K-01 F*300/4.5

K-5 K-01 Q some Len

Thanks,

You got an interesting, moody looking shot anyway.

Wanganuilad
Senior MemberPosts: 2,180Gear list
Like?

Cheers

It rose quickly into the bank of cloud as I struggled with tripod droop

-- hide signature --

K-5 K-01 Q some Len

Eli Allan
Forum MemberPosts: 94
Like?

Here's my attempt with the K01 and 170-500. The weather was beautifully clear here, but I really wanted to figure out some interesting foreground element to get into the frame and couldn't make it work.  I was hoping to get it cresting over the mountains but the eclipse was about an hour too late to match up.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads