D800 - two card set-up for Eye-Fi

Started 8 months ago | Discussions
elliotn
Senior MemberPosts: 1,053
Like?
D800 - two card set-up for Eye-Fi
8 months ago

Hi. I recently bought an 8Gb EyeFi Mobi SD card to use with my D800. Small Basic jpegs are sent to the EyeFi Mobi card, raws are sent to a CF card. The CF card is designated the Primary slot.

It seems that when I review images on the camera's LCD, I'm being shown the Small Basic jpeg, not the full size nef. I want to see the full size image to check for focus. How can I set this up?

Also is it possible to do a 2-button format and format both cards simultaneously?

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
David314
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,716
Like?
Re: D800 - two card set-up for Eye-Fi
In reply to elliotn, 8 months ago

elliotn wrote:

Hi. I recently bought an 8Gb EyeFi Mobi SD card to use with my D800. Small Basic jpegs are sent to the EyeFi Mobi card, raws are sent to a CF card. The CF card is designated the Primary slot.

It seems that when I review images on the camera's LCD, I'm being shown the Small Basic jpeg, not the full size nef. I want to see the full size image to check for focus. How can I set this up?

it should do this by default, check the file name on the LCD to make sure you are looking a the JPEG or nef

Also is it possible to do a 2-button format and format both cards simultaneously?

No, it will take two formats to the best of my knowledge

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Stevequad
Senior MemberPosts: 1,328Gear list
Like?

When I cycle thru my photos, I notice the CF in the lower left portion of the screen information. when i get to the last photo, then the next photo will be on the SD card. It will switch back and forth at the end of each batch of photos. I believe that even with NEF, you only are seeing the jpg portion of it. If you want to check for focus, zoom in on it.

Steve

-- hide signature --

I am very, very easily amused.

Stevequad's gear list:Stevequad's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Nikon Coolpix S51c Nikon D100 Nikon D300 Nikon D3S +23 more
elliotn
Senior MemberPosts: 1,053
Like?
In reply to Stevequad, 8 months ago

Thank you both for your explanations. It seems to be working now. I hadn't understood that Image Review would cycle through one card and then the other.

How about the D800's estimate of shots remaining. Is that referring to the Primary card? Can it be toggled to show shots remaining on the Secondary card?

Thanks!

David314
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,716
Like?

elliotn wrote:

Thank you both for your explanations. It seems to be working now. I hadn't understood that Image Review would cycle through one card and then the other.

How about the D800's estimate of shots remaining. Is that referring to the Primary card?

Yes

Can it be toggled to show shots remaining on the Secondary card?

no

Thanks!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads