TrojMacReady
Senior MemberPosts: 8,451
Like?
and since the OM-D overstates ISO's...
In reply to TrojMacReady, 5 months ago

TrojMacReady wrote:

• different visual brightness and contrast
  • different whitebalance
  • no physical exposures (EXIF) to see if both sensors received the same amount of light

That third point can easily make 2/3 EV of a difference alone.

• different output size

I'll wait for the a test that allows me to remove all of the above from the equation (besides the DXO test results).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
captura
Forum ProPosts: 13,972Gear list
Like?
Re: Hard to compare.
In reply to TrojMacReady, 5 months ago

TrojMacReady wrote:

• different visual brightness and contrast
  • different whitebalance
  • no physical exposures (EXIF) to see if both sensors received the same amount of light
  • different output size

I'll wait for the a test that allows me to remove all of the above from the equation (besides the DXO test results).

Agreed.

The author was looking for something that put the M43 OMD in a better light than the A6000 and the only thing he could find was NOISE. This was a booster piece to build more enthusiasm for M43 and improve sales.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
neil holmes
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,012
Like?
Re: Sony A6000 vs Olympus OMD EM-1/5/10
In reply to captura, 5 months ago

captura wrote:

neil holmes wrote:

captura wrote:

noise?

ISO/resolution?

Color?

lenses?

handling?

AF?

Tracking?

Video?

Camera Labs repor, Sony Alpha A6000 vs Olympus OMD EM5 Noise RAW

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Sony_Alpha_A6000/RAW_noise.shtml

Discussion?

I think for me, I would rank them (in order of preference)

EM-1

EM-10

A6000 ( though pretty close to the EM-10 IBIS and a few other things put it behind for me).

EM-5 (older model that is now behind for most specs).

The A6000 would rate higher for me if its specs were higher....if tracking AF was important to me, then again, the A6000 would win.

The things you listed are all things the Sony wins at (handling being subjective and video remains to be seen) but not by enough to make a big difference ...and other things make a much bigger difference to me.....others will have different priorities.

Those may be your preferences, and because you are on the M43 forum so much, should I be surprised? But I'm most concerned about the validity and truthfulness of some so-called 'reviewers.'

I am in both forums equally, and funnily enough, here I am sometimes called a m4/3 fanboy and there a Sony one.

I am here because I have a A7 and there because I have a GX7.

I do think many reviewers are biased.....not as much as many brand fans (and sensor size snobs) though.

The A6000 is not a very high spec camera at all.....just a low level one( with great IQ and great AF).

captura
Like?
In reply to Pat Whittingham, 5 months ago

Pat Whittingham wrote:

There is so much more to comparing these cameras than the minutiae being discussed here - in.

The quality from these cameras are well above the threshold for anything but the most demanding circumstances.

Just as the megapixel marketing hype has largely run its course, the noise, resolution, autofocus speed of the EM1/5 and A6000 are close enough to instantaneous and near perfect in good light that the difference in my opinion is largely meaningless.

i compared the image quality between my 2-year old NEX 7 and the A6000 with a variety of Sony-Zeiss glass and saw so little difference that I almost wrote off the A6000 as just more over hyping. I had a renewed respect for the NEX7.

Then I covered a family event with my EM1 and A6000 and couldn't believe the actual usability improvement with the Alpha menu, quick., accurate focus and handling that came with the A6000.

A few months back, I got an A7r for landscape use and had thought to replace much of my gear with this FF system. yet the slow response of the A7r forced me to use an EM1 to capture the immediacy of running children and any rapidly changing circumstances.

But after my initial use, I was so impressed with the A6000 and synergy within the total Alpha mirror-less system with the A7r that I will now shift away from MFT.

I may keep the EM1 with a Pana 100-300mm for wildlife but the A6000/A7r together is the most enjoyable and flexible system I've had the pleasure to use.

That is not to say, I don't like the EM1 and NEX7 as well but I much prefer the A6000.

When I can get a FF 70-300mm zoom with OSS, I will be able to completely address my needs with Sony gear. This has not ever been the case for me before in A mount.

Sony's approach is costly with the Zeiss glass but I am just now starting to feel the system is strong enough to address my needs.

But if I had to choose one camera to buy or use, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the A6000 Along with the 16-70mm zoom.

A good conclusion. And as TrojMacReady said, we need more tests. But looking at the comparison photos in the review, the A6000 surely makes the nicer photos.

Steve

Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
captura
Like?
In reply to neil holmes, 5 months ago

neil holmes wrote:

captura wrote:

neil holmes wrote:

captura wrote:

noise?

ISO/resolution?

Color?

lenses?

handling?

AF?

Tracking?

Video?

Discussion?

I think for me, I would rank them (in order of preference)

EM-1

EM-10

A6000 ( though pretty close to the EM-10 IBIS and a few other things put it behind for me).

EM-5 (older model that is now behind for most specs).

The A6000 would rate higher for me if its specs were higher....if tracking AF was important to me, then again, the A6000 would win.

The things you listed are all things the Sony wins at (handling being subjective and video remains to be seen) but not by enough to make a big difference ...and other things make a much bigger difference to me.....others will have different priorities.

Those may be your preferences, and because you are on the M43 forum so much, should I be surprised? But I'm most concerned about the validity and truthfulness of some so-called 'reviewers.'

I am in both forums equally, and funnily enough, here I am sometimes called a m4/3 fanboy and there a Sony one.

I am here because I have a A7 and there because I have a GX7.

I do think many reviewers are biased.....not as much as many brand fans (and sensor size snobs) though.

The A6000 is not a very high spec camera at all.....just a low level one( with great IQ and great AF).

That's OK I used to write on both forums a lot and experienced the same. I have nothing against M43 cameras or any other cameras except Panasonic...a long story. But a kind of fanaticism seems to have crept in there, so I avoid it now.

captura
Like?

Hope I'm not breaking a rule here. Re-posting these charts from the M43 forum which demonstrate the improvements from NEX-6 to A6000, in:

- dynamic range, color sensitivity, SNR 18%, tonal range.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53487664

Michael Everett
Senior MemberPosts: 1,717
Like?

neil holmes wrote:

I am curious about this statement.  What specs are you talking about; what makes it a low level one?

Michael

ryan92084
Regular MemberPosts: 462Gear list
Like?
In reply to Michael Everett, 5 months ago

Michael Everett wrote:

neil holmes wrote:

I am curious about this statement. What specs are you talking about; what makes it a low level one?

Michael

Just a guess but the EVF(more of a side grade imo), no digital level, no jacks, and no touch screen.  That about covers the usual complaints.  Every camera has strengths and weaknesses.  The a6000 is no exception and I don't think that makes it low end.

ryan92084's gear list:ryan92084's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +3 more
tokumeino
Regular MemberPosts: 149Gear list
Like?

noise?

ISO/resolution?

The A6000 has been DXOmarked : A6000 vx OMD EM-1

A6000 is one stop better. There's no free lunch with small sensors. Of course, the A6000 will be 1 stop worse than a full frame of the same generation, roughly. Fuji is cheatong on ISO, so the comparison is not relevant.

tokumeino's gear list:tokumeino's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +1 more
Pat Whittingham
Regular MemberPosts: 108Gear list
Like?

Interesting .... Thank you

Pat Whittingham's gear list:Pat Whittingham's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha 7R Sony a6000 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS +17 more
neil holmes
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,012
Like?
In reply to ryan92084, 5 months ago

ryan92084 wrote:

Michael Everett wrote:

neil holmes wrote:

I am curious about this statement. What specs are you talking about; what makes it a low level one?

Michael

Just a guess but the EVF(more of a side grade imo), no digital level, no jacks, and no touch screen. That about covers the usual complaints. Every camera has strengths and weaknesses. The a6000 is no exception and I don't think that makes it low end.

Yes, those......I don't think the A6000 is low end in that sense but it is low spec. Having said that it is still higher spec than many higher level cameras from only a year or two ago.

In addition to no horizon level, no touch screen and lower res EVF and mic jack

there are also.....

1/4000 max shutter speed (higher level cameras now have 1/8000)

30 sec min shutter speed vs 60 sec on higher spec cameras (a7 only has 30 sec with 1/8000 though)

flash sync of 1/160 VS 1/320 for the likes of EM-1 and GX7 1/250 for the A7

Choice of IBIS or in lens (this one is somewhat maker limited but Sony does have cameras with IBIS) ...higher end M4/3 cameras have both. Pentax can do both at all levels.

The A6000 specs were top level a generation or so ago (EG NEX7) but others have moved up since.

Imagine if there was a camera with the higher level things but with an APSC sensor from Sony.....would the A6000 be getting anything like the threads here now or would it be more like the A3000 or A5000? With lots of why does the A6000 get no love or split the forum because no one is talking A6000 posts!

A6000 is pretty much like the Nikon D5300 (or a bit lower even) but in a system without anything else up to the D600....

http://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/side-by-side?products=sony_nex7&products=sony_a7&products=panasonic_dmcgx7&products=oly_em1&products=sony_a6000&sortDir=ascending

jang573
Forum MemberPosts: 76Gear list
Like?
In reply to Pat Whittingham, 5 months ago

Hi , I've read with great pleasure all your comments . If possible , I'd very pleased if you can clarify me this question .

I want to buy a new  camera and my  options are : The Sony A7 or A7r with the kit lens or the Sony A6000 with the 16-70 mm lens .

I'm quite surprised that you've said that if you had to choose one camerea you'd choose the Sony A6000 with the 16-70 mm lens . Could explain me why would you prefer it to the Sony A7r , considering it has a better image quality .

Cheers!

jang573's gear list:jang573's gear list
Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
JunzInc
Regular MemberPosts: 147Gear list
Like?

Just FYI - We have got another Image quality analysis over at imaging resource. Not sure if it was linked here.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/sony-a6000/sony-a6000A.HTM#IQC

Regards

JM

JunzInc's gear list:JunzInc's gear list
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Corel PaintShop Pro X4
exdeejjjaaaa
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,767Gear list
Like?

neil holmes wrote:

E-M1 has 1/400 with non TTL flash on camera, 1/320 with small FL-LM* flashes and 1/250 with big TTL flashes on camera...

exdeejjjaaaa's gear list:exdeejjjaaaa's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha 7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +23 more
exdeejjjaaaa
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,767Gear list
Like?
In reply to tokumeino, 5 months ago

tokumeino wrote:

noise?

ISO/resolution?

The A6000 has been DXOmarked : A6000 vx OMD EM-1

A6000 is one stop better.

it is not one stop... SNR is ~0.6-0.7 stops which is more or less proportional to die size difference (as SNR @ 18% is all about photon noise and there is no replacement for displacement within close generations of sensor tech)

and DR (which is about readout tech) is pretty much the same, however bigger sensel wells on APS-C sensor allow for lower base ISO

exdeejjjaaaa's gear list:exdeejjjaaaa's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha 7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +23 more
bluevellet
Senior MemberPosts: 1,667Gear list
Like?
Try harder...

captura wrote:

bluevellet wrote:

captura wrote:

blue_skies wrote:

bluevellet wrote:

captura wrote:

noise?

ISO/resolution?

Color?

lenses?

handling?

AF?

Tracking?

Video?

Discussion?

Not much to discuss. Same old story.

Sony can make great sensors, but they're a bit clueless about extracting the most detail out of them themselves in Sony cameras, leaving often their competitors to best them. With the very same Sony sensors. This has been documented in countless reviews at DPR too and the subject of discussion in this forum.

As far as m43 is concerned, this ain't 2009 anymore. 2012 marked a turning point hence why Gordon Laing (from Cameralabs) is finding his old E-M5 (2012) performs toe-to-toe with the shiny new A6000 (2014), despite the Oly camera having a "tiny" sensor that is 2 years old.

This sounds soooo much like the early Nex-5N versus Nex-7 comparisons.

It took a long while, but finally the Nex-7 was deemed 'as good as' the Nex-5N, after downsampling.

However, for several applications (inc. video and high ISO), the Nex-5N would hold the flag.

Now, with the A6000 effectively moving the Nex-7 upstream, I would merely expect that at low ISO and down-sampled views, the A6000 would match the Nex-5N (or Nex-6), based on sensor size, and recent sensor technology. At higher ISO and high resolution application, the A6000 will hold the flag.

As to the E-Mx cameras - Victor already eluded to this: not all RAW is the same. Comparing across brands on an intermediate representation is somewhat misleading. Push both images through post and then compare. You will see that:

• a) most of the differences get cleaned up in the post processing tool
  • b) the higher resolution sensor carries a number of advantages

Sure, the higher resolution sensor also puts more demands on glass, see the A7r/A7 debates, but if you compare 24Mp versus 16Mp and you seek IQ, the 24Mp naturally wins. If you only need web size, monitor size, or A4 prints, even 16Mp is more than you need

As to Sony JPG versus other mfgrs JPG processing: this is more myth than fact. Check the Fuji forum and their images - most were obtained in JPG flow, and are no different from Sony JPG. Same for m43 - I rarely see images that show any kind of superior algorithm. What I do see is more in camera tweaking. Apply some clarity, NR, pull up shadows in post on the Sony JPG and they are equal or better than the others. But that is 'post' on JPG, an oxymoron? Heck, even DPR commenting on this in their review - it is more common than you think. BUT IT IS NOT PART OF COMPARISONS

I use post on both RAW and JPG, and this allows me to pick and choose, as well as use the camera at its defaults. But I never use the 'defaults' as-is, they are simply not representative for the quality of the sensor (and lens, and subject). If reviewers do so, and make this their standard, so be it.

Per what I have seen in the JPG, the Oly impresses the most as in extracting detail, in JPG flow, from the small sensor. But I don't see how it betters the A6000 24Mp output and almost one stop faster - the exposure on the A6000 will often be superior, just for starters.

I have seen Nex-7 versus E-M5 comparisons, with the nod going to the Nex-7. Now, with the A6000 versus E-M1, we are comparing a dramatically improved Nex-7 (A6000) with an almost equivalent E-M5 (E-M1). And nothing ever changes, right?

I am not buying it - myths are just that.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

I'm not buying it either, Henry. This review begs the question about the honesty or the real intent of the reviewer.

Crowded pixel sensors such as the A6000 are going to have more noise and the reverse is true: witness the 12 mp A7s. The A6000 has more pixel crowding than the E-M5. For obvious reasons but perhaps also the side-effect of the A6000 having all those dedicated PDAF pixels and the E-M5 having none. The E-M5 is inferior to the A6000 in every other way...who would dispute that? And yet that fact was mostly ignored in this comparison. Q? - Was the E-M5 cherry picked especially to downgrade the A-6000? Disinformation?

It's not surprising that the M-43 Forum LOVES this article; witness this thread.... Amazing!

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53482204

And big surprise that Sony fans take issue with the article. No one would ever have seen that coming.

The EM5 was chosen because Mr. Laing owns it. He mentions trying to get an EM-10 from Olympus to make a more current comparison, but couldn't. If you take issue with an EM-10 comparison as well, need I remind you the recent thread in which you participated yourself where a guy considers switching from the EM-10 to the A6000 (then changes his mind). Both cameras are in a similar price backet and category, it begs a comparison.
I'm sure when DPR scores the A6000, the EM-10 will be mentionned. If it scores lower, people here will complain, no doubt (I'm guessing it will be scored very similarly though).

Laing could have used a newer E-M1 for the test. I did not participate in any discussion on M43 but you did yourself, on this very topic. One of the commonest excuses for the non-performance of the OMD cameras being made is that the M43 lenses are so vastly superior to E-mount, that no further comparison needs be made. Since you agreed to that statement in your M43 post, I need to remind you of the strawman argument.

Check out the DxO overall ratings; 82 vs 72 for A6000 vs OMD.

I only know Laing owns the E-M5. I guess he could have asked Oly the E-M1 but why when he could get the EM-10 which is more recent and more relevant to a comparison? You know the immediate rebuttal to a E-M1 comparison would be "but the A6000 is like half the price, it's more bang for the buck!"

There's no need for excuses for the "non-performance" of the O-MD, obviously the opposite is talked about in your own link in the OP. Smaller sensor coupled with superior imaging processing equals IQ on par with Sony APS-C. The same was evident with the 16MP NEX6 2 years ago.

Maybe you should mention on-sensor PDAF again? Maybe pixel density?

bluevellet's gear list:bluevellet's gear list
Kodak EasyShare P880 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Olympus E-620 Olympus PEN E-P3 Nikon D610 +7 more
captura
Like?
captura
Like?
Re: Try harder...
In reply to bluevellet, 5 months ago

bluevellet wrote:

captura wrote:

bluevellet wrote:

captura wrote:

blue_skies wrote:

bluevellet wrote:

captura wrote:

noise?

ISO/resolution?

Color?

lenses?

handling?

AF?

Tracking?

Video?

Discussion?

Not much to discuss. Same old story.

Sony can make great sensors, but they're a bit clueless about extracting the most detail out of them themselves in Sony cameras, leaving often their competitors to best them. With the very same Sony sensors. This has been documented in countless reviews at DPR too and the subject of discussion in this forum.

As far as m43 is concerned, this ain't 2009 anymore. 2012 marked a turning point hence why Gordon Laing (from Cameralabs) is finding his old E-M5 (2012) performs toe-to-toe with the shiny new A6000 (2014), despite the Oly camera having a "tiny" sensor that is 2 years old.

This sounds soooo much like the early Nex-5N versus Nex-7 comparisons.

It took a long while, but finally the Nex-7 was deemed 'as good as' the Nex-5N, after downsampling.

However, for several applications (inc. video and high ISO), the Nex-5N would hold the flag.

Now, with the A6000 effectively moving the Nex-7 upstream, I would merely expect that at low ISO and down-sampled views, the A6000 would match the Nex-5N (or Nex-6), based on sensor size, and recent sensor technology. At higher ISO and high resolution application, the A6000 will hold the flag.

As to the E-Mx cameras - Victor already eluded to this: not all RAW is the same. Comparing across brands on an intermediate representation is somewhat misleading. Push both images through post and then compare. You will see that:

• a) most of the differences get cleaned up in the post processing tool
  • b) the higher resolution sensor carries a number of advantages

Sure, the higher resolution sensor also puts more demands on glass, see the A7r/A7 debates, but if you compare 24Mp versus 16Mp and you seek IQ, the 24Mp naturally wins. If you only need web size, monitor size, or A4 prints, even 16Mp is more than you need

As to Sony JPG versus other mfgrs JPG processing: this is more myth than fact. Check the Fuji forum and their images - most were obtained in JPG flow, and are no different from Sony JPG. Same for m43 - I rarely see images that show any kind of superior algorithm. What I do see is more in camera tweaking. Apply some clarity, NR, pull up shadows in post on the Sony JPG and they are equal or better than the others. But that is 'post' on JPG, an oxymoron? Heck, even DPR commenting on this in their review - it is more common than you think. BUT IT IS NOT PART OF COMPARISONS

I use post on both RAW and JPG, and this allows me to pick and choose, as well as use the camera at its defaults. But I never use the 'defaults' as-is, they are simply not representative for the quality of the sensor (and lens, and subject). If reviewers do so, and make this their standard, so be it.

Per what I have seen in the JPG, the Oly impresses the most as in extracting detail, in JPG flow, from the small sensor. But I don't see how it betters the A6000 24Mp output and almost one stop faster - the exposure on the A6000 will often be superior, just for starters.

I have seen Nex-7 versus E-M5 comparisons, with the nod going to the Nex-7. Now, with the A6000 versus E-M1, we are comparing a dramatically improved Nex-7 (A6000) with an almost equivalent E-M5 (E-M1). And nothing ever changes, right?

I am not buying it - myths are just that.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

I'm not buying it either, Henry. This review begs the question about the honesty or the real intent of the reviewer.

Crowded pixel sensors such as the A6000 are going to have more noise and the reverse is true: witness the 12 mp A7s. The A6000 has more pixel crowding than the E-M5. For obvious reasons but perhaps also the side-effect of the A6000 having all those dedicated PDAF pixels and the E-M5 having none. The E-M5 is inferior to the A6000 in every other way...who would dispute that? And yet that fact was mostly ignored in this comparison. Q? - Was the E-M5 cherry picked especially to downgrade the A-6000? Disinformation?

It's not surprising that the M-43 Forum LOVES this article; witness this thread.... Amazing!

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53482204

And big surprise that Sony fans take issue with the article. No one would ever have seen that coming.

The EM5 was chosen because Mr. Laing owns it. He mentions trying to get an EM-10 from Olympus to make a more current comparison, but couldn't. If you take issue with an EM-10 comparison as well, need I remind you the recent thread in which you participated yourself where a guy considers switching from the EM-10 to the A6000 (then changes his mind). Both cameras are in a similar price backet and category, it begs a comparison.
I'm sure when DPR scores the A6000, the EM-10 will be mentionned. If it scores lower, people here will complain, no doubt (I'm guessing it will be scored very similarly though).

Laing could have used a newer E-M1 for the test. I did not participate in any discussion on M43 but you did yourself, on this very topic. One of the commonest excuses for the non-performance of the OMD cameras being made is that the M43 lenses are so vastly superior to E-mount, that no further comparison needs be made. Since you agreed to that statement in your M43 post, I need to remind you of the strawman argument.

Check out the DxO overall ratings; 82 vs 72 for A6000 vs OMD.

I only know Laing owns the E-M5. I guess he could have asked Oly the E-M1 but why when he could get the EM-10 which is more recent and more relevant to a comparison? You know the immediate rebuttal to a E-M1 comparison would be "but the A6000 is like half the price, it's more bang for the buck!"

There's no need for excuses for the "non-performance" of the O-MD, obviously the opposite is talked about in your own link in the OP. Smaller sensor coupled with superior imaging processing equals IQ on par with Sony APS-C. The same was evident with the 16MP NEX6 2 years ago.

Maybe you should mention on-sensor PDAF again? Maybe pixel density?

I disagree. You said, "Smaller sensor coupled with superior imaging processing equals IQ on par with Sony APS-C."

DxO scores reveal better performance with the A6000. And please don't use the standard M43 argument that M43 cameras should be excepted from all DxO testing because they are unfair. Some  excuse that is!

captura
Like?
In reply to tokumeino, 5 months ago

Exactly.

captura
Like?

neil holmes wrote:

ryan92084 wrote:

Michael Everett wrote:

neil holmes wrote:

Michael

Just a guess but the EVF(more of a side grade imo), no digital level, no jacks, and no touch screen. That about covers the usual complaints. Every camera has strengths and weaknesses. The a6000 is no exception and I don't think that makes it low end.

Yes, those......I don't think the A6000 is low end in that sense but it is low spec. Having said that it is still higher spec than many higher level cameras from only a year or two ago.

In addition to no horizon level, no touch screen and lower res EVF and mic jack

there are also.....

1/4000 max shutter speed (higher level cameras now have 1/8000)

30 sec min shutter speed vs 60 sec on higher spec cameras (a7 only has 30 sec with 1/8000 though)

Choice of IBIS or in lens (this one is somewhat maker limited but Sony does have cameras with IBIS) ...higher end M4/3 cameras have both. Pentax can do both at all levels.

The A6000 specs were top level a generation or so ago (EG NEX7) but others have moved up since.

Imagine if there was a camera with the higher level things but with an APSC sensor from Sony.....would the A6000 be getting anything like the threads here now or would it be more like the A3000 or A5000? With lots of why does the A6000 get no love or split the forum because no one is talking A6000 posts!

A6000 is pretty much like the Nikon D5300 (or a bit lower even) but in a system without anything else up to the D600....

http://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/side-by-side?products=sony_nex7&products=sony_a7&products=panasonic_dmcgx7&products=oly_em1&products=sony_a6000&sortDir=ascending

Some might consider these to be niggly little points considering the superior performance specs. and the lower price when comparing to the competition. Also noteworthy; I guess that most serious Sony APS-C buyers don't  want a touchscreen.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads