Typical wedding shot...

Started Apr 10, 2014 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
MartynD2oo
MartynD2oo Senior Member • Posts: 1,470
Typical wedding shot...
2

This is why I hate weddings!

Ok as you were..back to the clone tool.

-- hide signature --

Martyn
D3
D800
24 1.4G
14-24
24-70
70-200VRII
85 1.4D
50 1.8G
200f2vr2
Please LIKE my page 8-))
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Martyn-Wilkes-Photography/134057003306205

 MartynD2oo's gear list:MartynD2oo's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D +7 more
user_name Veteran Member • Posts: 3,134
I would just Photoshop some Fangs on Her (nt)
2

No text.

 user_name's gear list:user_name's gear list
Leica M8 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Leica M Typ 240 +1 more
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 3,985
Re: Typical wedding shot...

MartynD2oo wrote:

This is why I hate weddings!

Ok as you were..back to the clone tool.

-- hide signature --

Martyn
D3
D800
24 1.4G
14-24
24-70
70-200VRII
85 1.4D
50 1.8G
200f2vr2
Please LIKE my page 8-))
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Martyn-Wilkes-Photography/134057003306205

That's why you get the big bucks

-- hide signature --

http://www.nightstreets.com
-
"Sick cultures show a complex of symptoms such as you have named...but a dying culture invariable exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners is more significant than a riot."
This symptom is especially serious in that an individual displaying it never thinks of it as a sign of ill health but as proof of his/her strength. ...Friday, it is too late to save this culture--this worldwide culture... Therefore we must now prepare the monasteries for the coming Dark Age. Electronic records are too fragile..."
--Robert A. Heinlein in "Friday"

swestphotos
swestphotos Regular Member • Posts: 182
Re: Typical wedding shot...
2

Don't you just love these weirdos who have to shoot with their cellphones and ipads?? My god... why did you pay a photographer to do this if you're letting everyone else be so rude with a camera.

 swestphotos's gear list:swestphotos's gear list
Sony a6000 Nikon D750 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD +1 more
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 3,441
Re: Typical wedding shot...

LoL...

user_name Veteran Member • Posts: 3,134
Re: Typical wedding shot...

swestphotos wrote:

Don't you just love these weirdos who have to shoot with their cellphones and ipads?? My god... why did you pay a photographer to do this if you're letting everyone else be so rude with a camera.

That's a good point.  I need to find a way to tactfully ask people at my wedding to try to stay out of my photographer's way, given how much it costs us to have our wedding shot...

 user_name's gear list:user_name's gear list
Leica M8 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Leica M Typ 240 +1 more
OfCounsel Regular Member • Posts: 117
Re: Typical wedding shot...

Hilarious!  But unfortunately so typical!  I almost lost a shot of the first kiss at an outdoor ceremony when a guest stepped into the aisle and bent over to retrieve a dropped program at the critical moment.  Thank goodness the couple held the kiss for the few seconds it took for this guy to get out of the way!

MartynD2oo
MartynD2oo OP Senior Member • Posts: 1,470
Re: Typical wedding shot...

Forgot to say..D3 and 70-200VRII

There will always be these ocasional wedding rodents ruining our shots. Obviously this one wasn't critical and the wedding was a casual affair but still, VERY annoying.

-- hide signature --

Martyn

D3
D800
24 1.4G
14-24
24-70
70-200VRII
85 1.4D
50 1.8G
200f2vr2

Please LIKE my page 8-))

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Martyn-Wilkes-Photography/134057003306205

 MartynD2oo's gear list:MartynD2oo's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D +7 more
eric Senior Member • Posts: 1,818
Re: Typical wedding shot...

A quick cure, Stop taking wedding assignments

Half the iPhone shots I see on Facebook are better than the "professional" photographs all my friends post from their weddings.

 eric's gear list:eric's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R DxO Optics Pro Elite Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Samsung Galaxy S5 +1 more
Toccata47 Senior Member • Posts: 2,788
That's awesome! Thanks for posting /nt

No text.

bgbs Veteran Member • Posts: 3,067
Re: Typical wedding shot...

That's why it is important, I think, to always a have a secondary shooter at the wedding. If that lady did not run into the shot like that, it would have been a good event shot of point n shooters shooting.

bgbs Veteran Member • Posts: 3,067
Re: Typical wedding shot...

Be nice, these people are the dear friends of bride and groom. They want to bring memories of their own back home.

jde Forum Member • Posts: 68
Re: Typical wedding shot...
2

user_name wrote:

swestphotos wrote:

Don't you just love these weirdos who have to shoot with their cellphones and ipads?? My god... why did you pay a photographer to do this if you're letting everyone else be so rude with a camera.

That's a good point. I need to find a way to tactfully ask people at my wedding to try to stay out of my photographer's way, given how much it costs us to have our wedding shot...

I wouldn't spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to be tactful. It's an important day and an important/costly part of that day. Let the guests know who the photographer is and ask them to be respectful. Clear, polite, done.

J

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads