Like?
Dust and oil is forever?
6 months ago

Nikon response ''not confirm''

this spot is acceptable.

lera ion's gear list:lera ion's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Nikon D600 +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
greatscott94
Regular MemberPosts: 239Gear list
Like?
Re: Dust and oil is forever?
In reply to lera ion, 6 months ago

Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking. Did you have your shutter replaced and your asking if this spot is acceptable?

greatscott94's gear list:greatscott94's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Ernie Misner
Senior MemberPosts: 1,783
Like?
In reply to greatscott94, 6 months ago

Did you send it in for a sensor cleaning and they couldn't see anything to clean?  I can sure see it!!!

-- hide signature --
Janoch
Contributing MemberPosts: 867Gear list
Like?

If you plan to stay in this universe, you must accept dust. Most, if not everything, is buildt upon it...

Have you tried a blower? Looks like a simple dust "spot" to me...

Using a DSLR, you may just as well learn to clean your sensor yourself. It's really not that big a deal...

http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.com/index.html

Janoch's gear list:Janoch's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR +1 more
Carsten Pauer 2
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,243
Like?

this spot is acceptable.

There are some Dozen Spots in Your Photo.
This would for me not Acceptable.

Janoch
Like?
In reply to Carsten Pauer 2, 6 months ago

Exactly!

Two minutes of work and - Voila! Cleaned!

Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR +1 more
lancespring
Senior MemberPosts: 2,469Gear list
Like?
He appears to be ignorant of Nikon's new policy

greatscott94 wrote:

Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking. Did you have your shutter replaced and your asking if this spot is acceptable?

He last posted in the forum 4 months ago. Apparently he is ignorant of Nikon's new shutter replacement policy for the D600.

lancespring's gear list:lancespring's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D600 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +1 more
1w12q312qw1
Contributing MemberPosts: 732
Like?
In reply to Janoch, 6 months ago

Janoch wrote:

Exactly!

Two minutes of work and - Voila! Cleaned!

Exactly, here's another good source of information and products:

Comprehensive Sensor Cleaning

Stan

toomanycanons
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,615
Like?

Yes, dust and oil is forever. And so is death and taxes but what you gonna do?

ravduc
Senior MemberPosts: 1,245Gear list
Like?
Looks like dust to my eye

Easily removed with a small brush like the Arctic bufferfly.

ravduc's gear list:ravduc's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Leica Digilux 2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Leica Digilux 3 Olympus E-1 +14 more
stevo23
Senior MemberPosts: 3,924Gear list
Like?

lera ion wrote:

this spot is acceptable.

What I see here is way way below the norm for a D600. The most obvious one is nothing and could even be something moving in the image itself. There are about a dozen or so "real" spots in various places in the blue sky and their quantity is rather low.

How many shutter actuations do you have on this camera?

lera ion
Regular MemberPosts: 148Gear list
Like?

greatscott94 wrote:

Nikon service not clean this spots.

lera ion
Like?
In reply to stevo23, 6 months ago

stevo23 wrote:

lera ion wrote:

this spot is acceptable.

What I see here is way way below the norm for a D600. The most obvious one is nothing and could even be something moving in the image itself. There are about a dozen or so "real" spots in various places in the blue sky and their quantity is rather low.

This camera have 6 interventions Nikon service, 7800 shutter actuations, ( 2800 + 5000 for test ).

1w12q312qw1
Like?

lera ion wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

lera ion wrote:

this spot is acceptable.

This camera have 6 interventions Nikon service, 7800 shutter actuations, ( 2800 + 5000 for test ).

lera,

It would really help to know what Nikon did to your camera. With six service trips, did they replace the shutter or not? As others have said, the dozen or so dust specks on your sensor are not out of the ordinary for a full frame sensor and they are NOT all in the upper-left of your test-shot . So assuming they replaced the shutter, what you have there is nothing to be alarmed about. I'm sure many people have similar results sending their cameras to Nikon for cleaning.

Might be time to learn how to clean your sensor, it's not a big deal by any means. There are plenty of tutorials and videos out there.

Stan

lera ion
Like?
In reply to 1w12q312qw1, 6 months ago

1w12q312qw1 wrote:

lera ion wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

lera ion wrote:

this spot is acceptable.

lera,

It would really help to know what Nikon did to your camera. With six service trips, did they replace the shutter or not? As others have said, the dozen or so dust specks on your sensor are not out of the ordinary for a full frame sensor and they are NOT all in the upper-left of your test-shot . So assuming they replaced the shutter, what you have there is nothing to be alarmed about. I'm sure many people have similar results sending their cameras to Nikon for cleaning.

Might be time to learn how to clean your sensor, it's not a big deal by any means. There are plenty of tutorials and videos out there.

Stan

Stan,

I don't think replace the shutter. Only "Sensor cleaning and prevention" and replace other components. Now, for these spots, "not confirm" and not cleaning.

Lera

bhill643
Regular MemberPosts: 231
Like?
get use to it
In reply to lancespring, 6 months ago

take lens off , on u will get dust - the oil ? I'm dealing with it - I clean my censor at least 2 x a month

1w12q312qw1
Like?

lera,

It would really help to know what Nikon did to your camera. With six service trips, did they replace the shutter or not? As others have said, the dozen or so dust specks on your sensor are not out of the ordinary for a full frame sensor and they are NOT all in the upper-left of your test-shot . So assuming they replaced the shutter, what you have there is nothing to be alarmed about. I'm sure many people have similar results sending their cameras to Nikon for cleaning.

Stan

Stan,

I don't think replace the shutter. Only "Sensor cleaning and prevention" and replace other components. Now, for these spots, "not confirm" and not cleaning.

Lera

I'm having a little trouble understanding what you just said. Nikon said "not confirm", meaning what? And you said "not cleaning", right? Quite possibly if you send it back one more time they WILL replace the shutter, that is if they haven't done so already.

But, again, the amount of dust you have is not terrible and can be dealt with easily. And it does NOT look like lubricant to me.

Stan

lera ion
Like?

lera ion wrote:

this spot is acceptable.

First samples after new Nikon Service repair.

now response; '' test 1 OK, test 2 Ok '' Thanks Nikon.

Janoch
Like?

Congrats with the happy outcome!

For future reference, if you need to clean it yourself, here's a couple of links.

For cleaning sensor, this is the method, I use. Good description and good photos to help you by: http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=9766

And for great tips and instructions, this site is very useful: http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.com/index.html

Happy, dustfree shooting!

SushiEater
Senior MemberPosts: 1,865Gear list
Like?

I still see dust. You should send it in again.

SushiEater's gear list:SushiEater's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads