Fuji, please don't forget the X-PRO1 users

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
peckinpah
Regular MemberPosts: 166Gear list
Like?
Fuji, please don't forget the X-PRO1 users
6 months ago

What with all the XT-1 hustle 'n bustle... We're still out there and shooting happily. I just luuurve the Pro. Especially for the optical viewfinder. As used in the following shot. No PP whatsoever, just a crop. Go Xpro!

peckinpah's gear list:peckinpah's gear list
Leica D-LUX 4 Canon PowerShot S95 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Chad Hardy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,179Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji, please don't forget the X-PRO1 users
In reply to peckinpah, 6 months ago

peckinpah wrote:

What with all the XT-1 hustle 'n bustle... We're still out there and shooting happily. I just luuurve the Pro. Especially for the optical viewfinder. As used in the following shot. No PP whatsoever, just a crop. Go Xpro!

Metal on metal with no safety glasses, looks like fun!

Chad Hardy's gear list:Chad Hardy's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha 7R Fujifilm X-T1 RX100 III Fujifilm X-E2 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Scruntys NutPea Funch
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,082
Like?

I couldn't agree more, but I wouldn't be too concerned. Fuji seems very good at supporting both its existing and legacy X System users. Even if the X-E2 and X-T1 are getting their time in the sun right now, I reckon there will still be firmware updates to the older and previous models in the line.

Despite all the traffic and chatter about the X-T1, I still consider the X-Pro1 to be the flagship of the line. It may not have all the bells and whistles of the Young Turks, but it can still cut it.

It's an elegant weapon from a more civilised age... two years ago, to be precise!

-- hide signature --

I chimp, therefore I am

peckinpah
Regular MemberPosts: 166Gear list
Like?
In reply to Scruntys NutPea Funch, 6 months ago

Good to see XPro users are still out and about on DPreview. I share your believe Fuji will update the XPro when needed. Or at least, I hope they do.

peckinpah's gear list:peckinpah's gear list
Leica D-LUX 4 Canon PowerShot S95 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
gerard boulanger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,262Gear list
Like?
Yes, please....

... keep updating the X-Pro 1, like choice of colors in focus peaking, intervalometer shooting, saving custom settings with a name instead of C1,C2, etc.

gerard boulanger's gear list:gerard boulanger's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
ulrikem
Regular MemberPosts: 214Gear list
Like?
Re: Yes, please....
In reply to gerard boulanger, 6 months ago

gerard boulanger wrote:

... keep updating the X-Pro 1, like choice of colors in focus peaking, intervalometer shooting, saving custom settings with a name instead of C1,C2, etc.

that would be awesome.

ulrikem's gear list:ulrikem's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +1 more
Shomari
Regular MemberPosts: 405Gear list
Like?
Re: Love my XP1!
In reply to ulrikem, 6 months ago

I just got an XP1 and I'm in love.  Focus speed? It fine by me. Image capture? It's a work of art.  The best camera is the one you're with...

Regards,

-- hide signature --

Howard
htree1@suddenlink.net

Shomari's gear list:Shomari's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Pentax MX-1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +2 more
bavarius6
Regular MemberPosts: 396
Like?

Obviously it's horses for courses but I still regard the X-Pro1 as the top X-Trans body. However great the newer Fuji's are no other manufacturer has ever managed to make anything like the X-Pro1's clever hybrid finder. It's great because it spawned so many other fantastic cameras but it's also a purists camera in the purest sense.

Obviously there's only so far Fuji can go with updates because of hardware limitations but if Fuji can't take it any further that's Ok with me, it works just fine as it is IMHO.

Pat

StevenScholten
Forum MemberPosts: 54
Like?

Yeah I agree!

Hope a future update will provide colored focus peaking. Imagine red or green focus peaking while shooting in B&W. Now that would be usefull!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads