I Love it!

Started 3 months ago | User reviews
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
I Love it!
3 months ago

I own the 25 mm just two weeks now, but I'm already convinced! But I have to tell you that I'm not a professional photographer or image expert.

Just before my trip to The Gambia I could manage it to get one silver version in my hands. Silver makes the better images, right? And it fits well and looks great on my PEN E-P5.

The lens iis -in my opinion- extremely fast with focusing and I had not much shots out of focus. It was really a joy to have it on my camera. Razor sharp and although it costs a bit, it's worth it I think.

See the examples I included. The examples are all ordinary day-2-day shots, no tripod or other tricks. But, I agree.... extremely good conditions

Any comments welcome!

ISO200 - f4.5 - 1/400

ISO100 - f3.2 - 1/1600

ISO100 - f3.2 - 1/2500

-- hide signature --

Warm regards,
Willem

Willem Steenis's gear list:Willem Steenis's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 +6 more
Willem Steenis's score
Average community score
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Olympus PEN E-P5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
JohnLock
Regular MemberPosts: 296Gear list
Like?
Re: I Love it!
In reply to Willem Steenis, 3 months ago

Nice to hear good things about the 25 f1.8 as I'm also considering it.  Oly/Zuiko make good glass!

JL

JohnLock's gear list:JohnLock's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Richard Weisgrau
Senior MemberPosts: 2,961
Like?

For me a good photo is one wish I had taken. The shot of the bookcase against the wall meets that criterion. The others are nice but that one really moves me.

-- hide signature --

Richard Weisgrau
www.drawnwithlight.com
www.show-my-house.com

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
In reply to Richard Weisgrau, 3 months ago

Thanks Richard,

And the funny story about the bookshelf.... I was at the pool and relaxing, when I saw the bookshelf.

In the days following I took another serie of images of bookshelfs at other places. More or less same style.

The examples are just vacation shots to show how the 25mm performs In day to day klicking. So not all shots are well composed that's true.

-- hide signature --

Warm regards,
Willem

Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 +6 more
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
In reply to JohnLock, 3 months ago

Hi John,

True about the glass! I stick with the primes instead of the 2.8 zoom. well, at least until the 2.8 wide-angle zoom comes in.

Most of my pictures at my vacation were made with the 25 and 60mm. But that depends a lot on what kind of photography you are interested in I guess.

The 45mm is als great, I compared some images with the 25mm. In quality not much difference in my opinion, both are exceptional good!

-- hide signature --

Warm regards,
Willem

Kelpie
Regular MemberPosts: 108Gear list
Like?

Willem Steenis wrote:

Silver makes the better images, right?

Wrong Black makes better images!

ISO200 - f4.5 - 1/400

ISO100 - f3.2 - 1/1600

ISO100 - f3.2 - 1/2500

-- hide signature --

Warm regards,
Willem

Kelpie's gear list:Kelpie's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-30 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 35mm 1:3.5 Macro +7 more
fatfreddy
Forum MemberPosts: 88
Like?
In reply to Kelpie, 3 months ago

I have this lens too.  Bought it a month ago and I've used it every day. Love it - really takes me back to my film SLR days with just a standard lens.

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?

Hi Kelpie!

what do you mean with wrong black? as black and white?

thanks

willem

-- hide signature --

Warm regards,
Willem

Digitall
Regular MemberPosts: 405Gear list
Like?

I agree, black version makes better images, indeed.

Nice lens!

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?

Hey Kelpie,

wasn't awake yet....

read your reply and it took a few hours before I understood!

funny, was to busy working I guess.

-- hide signature --

Warm regards,
Willem

TJer
Junior MemberPosts: 33Gear list
Like?

Have to agree. I have the 25mm Panny also and the only other lens that comes close in my opinion is the Sigma 30mm (which I also own) which is also spectacular in use.

-- hide signature --

When I want a good photo, I shoot digital. When I want a great photo, I shoot film!

TJer's gear list:TJer's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D70 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha 7R +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads