X200, X-PRO2 or XT-2?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
DanielFjall
Regular MemberPosts: 106Gear list
Like?
X200, X-PRO2 or XT-2?
5 months ago

Form factor wise - wich one would you choose and what would it have to make you upgrade from your current camera (any camera)? Ex: More MPs weather sealing or perhaps an organic sensor?
Are you waiting for anything specific maybe?

ajamils1
Contributing MemberPosts: 945Gear list
Like?
Re: X200, X-PRO2 or XT-2?
In reply to DanielFjall, 5 months ago

Are you serious?? None of these cameras even exist yet

ajamils1's gear list:ajamils1's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Fujifilm X-T1 Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Ollie 2
Senior MemberPosts: 1,364Gear list
Like?
In reply to ajamils1, 5 months ago

ajamils1 wrote:

Are you serious?? None of these cameras even exist yet

Don't you recognise a Time Traveller when you encounter one?

This thread was sent from the year 2017.

Ollie 2's gear list:Ollie 2's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Olympus PEN E-P2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +16 more
mlmusto
Senior MemberPosts: 2,028Gear list
Like?
In reply to Ollie 2, 5 months ago

buzz. wrong.

correct answer:  x100s, x-pro1, xt-1

fell in love with the x100s a year ago (1st Fuji), just popped for xt-1 and after building the lens lineup picked up a used x-pro1 at a nice price before they are all gone.  just something about Fuji.  set for a good long while now.

camera in hand always better than one on the boards

-- hide signature --
 mlmusto's gear list:mlmusto's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Zeiss Touit 2.8/50M
baobob
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,947Gear list
Like?

No XT GTI 40 megapix 20 pics/sec organic sensor telepathetic transmission...

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience
Experience comes from bad judgment

baobob's gear list:baobob's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX100 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +8 more
mainger
Regular MemberPosts: 342Gear list
Like?
In reply to baobob, 5 months ago

Telepathic control, rather!

mainger's gear list:mainger's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +1 more
John Motts
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,997
Like?
In reply to mainger, 5 months ago

I'm convinced that the XT-4 is going to be something special. Well worth waiting for.

mickdeblood
Junior MemberPosts: 41Gear list
Like?

i.m waiting for the xpro2.....in whatever form; i,m sure it will be exciting

mickdeblood's gear list:mickdeblood's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 40D Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +1 more
Just a Photographer
Contributing MemberPosts: 967Gear list
Like?
Re: Good plan

DanielFjall wrote:

Form factor wise - wich one would you choose and what would it have to make you upgrade from your current camera (any camera)? Ex: More MPs weather sealing or perhaps an organic sensor?

I would go for the Bokehlicious 3D MKII made by Fantasyworld!

Just a Photographer's gear list:Just a Photographer's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
DanielFjall
Regular MemberPosts: 106Gear list
Like?
In reply to mickdeblood, 5 months ago

mickdeblood wrote:

Yeah, I'm too holding off for the X-PRO2! The form factor of the camera is just the right size, and not to mention that hybrid viewfinder. What would make me upgrade would be notably improved sensor/image quality and of course the obvious such as AF and MP.

Since the X-T1 is a first of it's kind - I'm expecting the X-T2 to be drastically improved. It'll be more interesting than the X-T1 after all that user feedback!

MrPhotoBob
Senior MemberPosts: 2,633
Like?

DanielFjall wrote:

mickdeblood wrote:

Yeah, I'm too holding off for the X-PRO2! The form factor of the camera is just the right size, and not to mention that hybrid viewfinder. What would make me upgrade would be notably improved sensor/image quality and of course the obvious such as AF and MP.

Since the X-T1 is a first of it's kind - I'm expecting the X-T2 to be drastically improved. It'll be more interesting than the X-T1 after all that user feedback!

The Nikon D600 should be a good reason for not waiting on the next generation of any camera in order to purchase.  When I need a camera, I will go out and purchase the best camera that I can afford that will do the job that I need for it to do.  Waiting on the next generation of a camera only to discover that they are having problems with that camera is not a good idea.   What do you do then, do you then wait on the next generation of that problem camera or do you just purchase it problems and all?

ryan2007
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,521Gear list
Like?
Nikon or Canon not Fuji X

DanielFjall wrote:

For all we know Nikon and Canon make a big change an do something to step up their mirrorless offerings.

Maybe Panasonic/Olympus do a APS-C sensor

Maybe the X100s get a built in zoom lens

I would buy what you need today, not overbuy or buy a product just because of a sale price.

ryan2007's gear list:ryan2007's gear list
Fujifilm X100S
MrPhotoBob
Senior MemberPosts: 2,633
Like?
Re: Nikon or Canon not Fuji X
In reply to ryan2007, 5 months ago

ryan2007 wrote:

DanielFjall wrote:

For all we know Nikon and Canon make a big change an do something to step up their mirrorless offerings.

Maybe Panasonic/Olympus do a APS-C sensor

Maybe the X100s get a built in zoom lens

I would buy what you need today, not overbuy or buy a product just because of a sale price.

I have to agree with you Ryan, there was a big sale on the Olympus OMDs, and if you purchased a camera at a discount of $50, you were able to save up to $450 on the purchase of 3 lenses. I have a friend who purchased 3 lenses with his EM-5 body in order to get that savings just to find out that he did not use one of those lenses. He also purchased a second body with 3 lenses and had a friend send in one of the rebate forms in order to save a total of $900 on both sales.  What really makes me laugh with him some time is that he has gotten rid of the two EM-5 bodies only to purchase a EM-1 with a 12-40 lens because that was on sale as well.  Purchasing the EM-5s was like getting the one EM-5 free, but he is now not using 3 of those 6 lenses so what has he saved?

gerard boulanger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,262Gear list
Like?

DanielFjall wrote:

You do not need to base your question on hypothetical body styles and names, but instead you could simply use: X-100, X-Pro1 and XT-1

gerard boulanger's gear list:gerard boulanger's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
jack Hoggard
Contributing MemberPosts: 823Gear list
Like?

I'll take the first one with a touch screen.

-- hide signature --

jaxupra

jack Hoggard's gear list:jack Hoggard's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +3 more
Jasko014
Regular MemberPosts: 416Gear list
Like?

Daniel, when the X200, X-PRO2 or XT-2 are released you will be probably asking for X300, X-PRO3 or XT-3, and I will already have 30000 frames on the counter of my beautiful XT-1. Great camera by the way.

Happy shooting,

Jaka

Jasko014's gear list:Jasko014's gear list
Sony RX1R Nikon D3 Nikon 1 V1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon 1 V3 +14 more
Cartwheels MD
Regular MemberPosts: 178Gear list
Like?

Honestly, if they were to do anything, I would love to see the viewfinder and ISO dials swap positions on the X-T1.

Cartwheels MD's gear list:Cartwheels MD's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Apple Aperture
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,365Gear list
Like?

I'm waiting for the 10-300mm f/4 - f/5.6 super zoom made cased in a weightless alloy so the weight is only the lens elements  making it very light, and it must play well with my organic sensor which can be tuned, with a retro-style radio tuner dial, to record various range of light, like visible spectrum, IR, spectrum, human auras... all powered by a quantum processor for instantaneous processing and image display on a high gamut non-reflecting LCD. And a RGB histogram

Yeah, that's the combo that will make me switch.

-- hide signature --

Fuji Silver XE1 w/14, 35, 18-55, 55-200, Rokinon 8mm Fisheye & Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Jasko014
Regular MemberPosts: 416Gear list
Like?
In reply to Al Valentino, 5 months ago

LOL, Bravo )))

Jaka

Jasko014's gear list:Jasko014's gear list
Sony RX1R Nikon D3 Nikon 1 V1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon 1 V3 +14 more
HeavyDuty
Senior MemberPosts: 1,120
Like?

DanielFjall wrote:

Jeez, it's obvious what Daniel was asking here - what form factor would you prefer and what features.  People here are so prickly.

To the question: a full frame X-PRO2 that would have both a decent selection of native primes and would play nice with Leica M glass via an adapter would be enough to budge me off my NEX-7.

-- hide signature --

Ken in Illinois
Railroad Action: http://www.pbase.com/kjford
Candids: http://www.pbase.com/kjford/other

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads