FZ30 wins

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
Brue
Senior MemberPosts: 1,127
Like?
FZ30 wins
6 months ago

My FZ30 just won the challenge "Aviation museums II". The pic was tone mapped since the rules encouraged HDR

Winner

Original

Bruce

Spider1943
Forum MemberPosts: 73
Like?
Re: FZ30 wins
In reply to Brue, 6 months ago

Yes the FZ30 is an excellent camera.  I had one, but the LCD finally died so I had to move on to another FZ.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Sergeg
Senior MemberPosts: 2,570Gear list
Like?
 Sergeg's gear list:Sergeg's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Nikon D800 Pentax K-30 +3 more
Brue
Like?
In reply to Spider1943, 6 months ago

Spider1943 wrote:

Yes the FZ30 is an excellent camera. I had one, but the LCD finally died so I had to move on to another FZ.

I hope the LCD keeps living on my FZ30 but I am thinking of adding the FZ200 or its replacement, if there is one

Bruce

Brue
Like?
In reply to Sergeg, 6 months ago

Sergeg wrote:

Superb high tech look, congrats!

Thanks Sergeg, I kind of thought the same thing

Bruce

myssvictoria
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,719Gear list
Like?

Congratulations, Bruce. That's a great pic for tone mapping. Well done!

-- hide signature --
 myssvictoria's gear list:myssvictoria's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 +7 more
GeraldW
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,042Gear list
Like?

Bruce,

Good job!  Is that the Evergreen Aviation Museum?

-- hide signature --

Jerry

GeraldW's gear list:GeraldW's gear list
Canon PowerShot A710 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon PowerShot G15
Rodger1943
Senior MemberPosts: 4,335Gear list
Like?

Its a fantastic shot Bruce, but I have no idea what tone mapping is. I can see the difference between the before and after shots, but how is it applied?

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ200

Rodger1943's gear list:Rodger1943's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 +2 more
Brue
Like?
In reply to myssvictoria, 6 months ago

myssvictoria wrote:

Congratulations, Bruce. That's a great pic for tone mapping. Well done!

-- hide signature --

Vickie

Thanks Vickie, I thought the same and it was was just a matter of finding a preset I liked in Photomatrix and tweaking it a little.

Bruce

Brue
Like?
In reply to GeraldW, 6 months ago

GeraldW wrote:

Bruce,

Good job! Is that the Evergreen Aviation Museum?

-- hide signature --

Jerry

Thanks you Jerry and no it is not the Evergreen Aviation Museum, it's the Boeing Museum of Flight at Boeing Field in Seattle. Don't tell anyone but the plane is not a SR71 but a Lockheed M-21 Blackbird which was a drone carrying variant.

Bruce

Brue
Like?
In reply to Rodger1943, 6 months ago

Rodger1943 wrote:

Its a fantastic shot Bruce, but I have no idea what tone mapping is. I can see the difference between the before and after shots, but how is it applied?

Thanks Rodger.

Tone mapping is a HDR process. I basically used a preset in PhotoMatrix and fiddled with the settins a bit.

This is the long explanation:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tone_mapping

Bruce

Rossuziers
Forum ProPosts: 12,777Gear list
Like?
Congrats!!!!!

That's quite a big difference although had you posted just the tone-mapper alone, it wouldn't really look all that noticeable although now that I think of it.. Most stealth vehicles probably only shine like that when wet.... But I still don't think I'd have thought it looked HDR-ish or tone-mapped if it was posted alone...

I normally ain't too fond of HDR if it looks obviously so but in this case it works very well regardless.. The heavier metallic look & more pronounced shadows on the floor, combined with the more emphasized tiger-stripe-ish, almost camo-effect of the shadows on the fuselage just works to give it more of a military &/or industrial vibe..

I haven't changed my DTWP (a landscape that I stole from here ) in prolly more than a year & this just might be the next one, if it doesn't lose too much in 16:10 but it's gonna be tight... I just may have to put up with it as-is...

I guess now I'll have to go and see what you were up against... I don't think I've ever made the top half of the dozen or so Challenges I entered regardless if it was with my Fz30, 50, Lx3 or my c8080wz...

Congrats!!!!

PS (edit):

I think it may actually lose nothin'  @ 16:10... Took it all off the bottom & it makes a great DTWP on this soon to be retired XP DT... Now hopefully I can figure out how to plant it on my new puter DT... I know little about Win7 & these matters..

-- hide signature --

> > */The Amateur Formerly Known as/* '*UZ'pShoot'ERS*' /'Happy Shootin'! Comments, Critique, Ridicule, Limericks, Jokes, Hi-jackings, EnthUZIastically, Encouraged... I Insist! */rrawzz'at'gmail'dot'com/* * http://www.pbase.com/rrawzz *
> */Another vote for an authentic & true to the core FZ50 upgrade/

Rossuziers's gear list:Rossuziers's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50
21st Hermit
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,308
Like?
Lockheed M-21 Blackbird

Brue wrote:

GeraldW wrote:

Bruce,

Good job! Is that the Evergreen Aviation Museum?

-- hide signature --

Jerry

Thanks you Jerry and no it is not the Evergreen Aviation Museum, it's the Boeing Museum of Flight at Boeing Field in Seattle. Don't tell anyone but the plane is not a SR71 but a Lockheed M-21 Blackbird which was a drone carrying variant.

Bruce

Thanks for that heads up. Didn't even know that a drone variant existed. Doing a search it didn't last long, 4 flights. Thanks for the post and glad you won.

-- hide signature --

Lost in the Colorado Mountains!!!

Brue
Like?
Re: Lockheed M-21 Blackbird
In reply to 21st Hermit, 6 months ago

21st Hermit wrote:

Brue wrote:. Don't tell anyone but the plane is not a SR71 but a Lockheed M-21 Blackbird which was a drone carrying variant.

Bruce

Thanks for that heads up. Didn't even know that a drone variant existed. Doing a search it didn't last long, 4 flights. Thanks for the post and glad you won.

Thanks Hermit, the whole A-12 - M-21 - D-21(the drone) - SR-71 thing is pretty interesting. The CIA Air Force ( except the SR-71 which was the real Air Force.

Bruce

Brue
Like?
Re: Congrats!!!!!
In reply to Rossuziers, 6 months ago

Thanks, now I'll have to try it as a Desktop Background. In windows 7 you can right click the desktop and look for "personalize" and then look for "Desktop Background", click it and then find the file you want.

Bruce

peter42y
Senior MemberPosts: 2,147Gear list
Like?

Great job. I like the second  picture much more. Colors look more accurate. Thanks for sharing.

peter42y's gear list:peter42y's gear list
Ricoh Caplio R8 Canon IXUS 310 HS Nikon 1 V1 Canon EOS M
Brue
Like?
In reply to peter42y, 6 months ago

peter42y wrote:

Great job. I like the second picture much more. Colors look more accurate. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Peter,

Here's the grunge version:

The Drone Variant

Thanks again,

Bruce

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads