Senior MemberPosts: 2,570Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon is not afraid of the 645 Z
In reply to Bob Corson, 3 months ago

Bob Corson wrote:

Petroglyph wrote:

Bob Corson wrote:

soheil wrote:

bI don't believe such an add exists, it's a joke created by the same people who've changed the Pentax add in the original page.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Soheil
------------------------------
It's the singer not the song.

totally agree . . .as I said have never seen Nikon go directly at a acompetitor neve mind a specific model.

Didn't they just sue Sigma and the Kodak start-up in separate lawsuits? That's what I call "going directly at".

-- hide signature --

Bob Corson
To truly see one must open their mind as well as their eyes

lawsuit is quite different then an ad campaign especially if, and I think they were, patent infringements.

I'm not familiar with the suits but it seems like the Kodak one was based on how the camera looked if I recall.  Neither here nor there I'd guess.

-- hide signature --

Bob Corson

Petroglyph's gear list:Petroglyph's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Pentax K-3 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
turbsy
Contributing MemberPosts: 627Gear list
Like?
In reply to Holger Bargen, 3 months ago

Holger Bargen wrote:

The 645 Z is a camera for professionals

Is Nikon still a brand for professionals?

The link indicates: No.

Best regards

Holger

Trust me more professionals shoot Nikon then Pentax.

turbsy's gear list:turbsy's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D50 Nikon D300 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +11 more
turbsy
Contributing MemberPosts: 627Gear list
Like?
In reply to Bob Corson, 3 months ago

Bob Corson wrote:

Zvonimir Tosic wrote:

More info about the Z on the New Camera News, the Onion of the camera news websites:

http://newcameranews.com/2014/04/02/ricoh-pentax-gets-ready-to-disappoint-once-again/

The article starts with following:

“Ricoh Pentax, the saddest of all active camera makers, is teasing a successor to the long-in-the-tooth, one tripod foot in the grave medium format 645D. Launched in 1 B.I. (Before Instagram), the 645D is like a dinosaur at your local natural history museum — cool to look at but you don’t want to take it home … “

While many news sites are trying to understand the 645Z, which is an unfathomable concept to even 99% of the Pentax K-mount users, it seems that marketing department at Nikon is already working and delivering usually good job.

-- hide signature --

Madamina, il catalogo è questo; Delle belle che amò il padron mio; un catalogo egli è che ho fatt'io; Osservate, leggete con me.

and if Nikon is not "afraid" why would they waste time and money targeting a mystery product from an unworthy competitor?! Not like them to target any specific brand/model.

You do realize it's not a real advertisement I hope.

-- hide signature --

Bob Corson

turbsy's gear list:turbsy's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D50 Nikon D300 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +11 more
Bob Corson
Senior MemberPosts: 2,216Gear list
Like?
In reply to turbsy, 3 months ago

turbsy wrote:

Bob Corson wrote:

Zvonimir Tosic wrote:

More info about the Z on the New Camera News, the Onion of the camera news websites:

http://newcameranews.com/2014/04/02/ricoh-pentax-gets-ready-to-disappoint-once-again/

The article starts with following:

“Ricoh Pentax, the saddest of all active camera makers, is teasing a successor to the long-in-the-tooth, one tripod foot in the grave medium format 645D. Launched in 1 B.I. (Before Instagram), the 645D is like a dinosaur at your local natural history museum — cool to look at but you don’t want to take it home … “

While many news sites are trying to understand the 645Z, which is an unfathomable concept to even 99% of the Pentax K-mount users, it seems that marketing department at Nikon is already working and delivering usually good job.

-- hide signature --

Madamina, il catalogo è questo; Delle belle che amò il padron mio; un catalogo egli è che ho fatt'io; Osservate, leggete con me.

and if Nikon is not "afraid" why would they waste time and money targeting a mystery product from an unworthy competitor?! Not like them to target any specific brand/model.

You do realize it's not a real advertisement I hope.

-- hide signature --

Bob Corson

yes as I said in my reply to soleill . . .but some here seem to be taking it pretty seriously

-- hide signature --

Bob Corson

Bob Corson's gear list:Bob Corson's gear list
Pentax K-30 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +5 more
Holger Bargen
Contributing MemberPosts: 698Gear list
Like?
In reply to turbsy, 3 months ago

turbsy wrote:

Holger Bargen wrote:

Best regards

Holger

That ist correct. But we have seen here on the forum, that the quality of a medium Format camera is another Dimension that FF. It is even more ture than for the the APS-C versus FF discussion. Professionals should know this.

Medium format is another world and many professionals prefer this or have at least an equipment they use if they need high end.

Nikon never had a camera in this world. Pentax is here within a league of Hasselblad and PhaseOne. And this has been so since many decades.

I can't understand why Nikon starts to notice it, now.

The advertisement as well as the words of Nikon indicate a dimension of stupidity that I nearly can't believe that they are official words from Nikon.

The only reason why Nikon could be arrogantly, could be a medium format camera from Nikon which is miles in front of the new Pentax 645Z - but to be honest - I do not expect something like this - they would have to offer a complete series of medium format lenses, too.

In the end the advertisement form Nikon sounds like whistling in the dark.

This would only make sense if we have to expect an extraordinary strong and innovative Pentax 645Z.

Best regards

Holger

Holger Bargen's gear list:Holger Bargen's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +2 more
Gary Martin
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,012Gear list
Like?
My bank account is VERY afraid (n/t)
In reply to Zvonimir Tosic, 3 months ago
 Gary Martin's gear list:Gary Martin's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +3 more
baldeagle21b
Contributing MemberPosts: 808Gear list
Like?
In reply to Holger Bargen, 3 months ago

Holger Bargen wrote:

turbsy wrote:

Holger Bargen wrote:

Best regards

Holger

That ist correct. But we have seen here on the forum, that the quality of a medium Format camera is another Dimension that FF. It is even more ture than for the the APS-C versus FF discussion. Professionals should know this.

Medium format is another world and many professionals prefer this or have at least an equipment they use if they need high end.

Nikon never had a camera in this world. Pentax is here within a league of Hasselblad and PhaseOne. And this has been so since many decades.

The advertisement as well as the words of Nikon indicate a dimension of stupidity that I nearly can't believe that they are official words from Nikon.

The only reason why Nikon could be arrogantly, could be a medium format camera from Nikon which is miles in front of the new Pentax 645Z - but to be honest - I do not expect something like this - they would have to offer a complete series of medium format lenses, too.

This would only make sense if we have to expect an extraordinary strong and innovative Pentax 645Z.

Best regards

Holger

See the OP's first post. "The Onion" is a news parody website, and "New Camera News" is likewise a photographic news parody website. The Nikon ad is a parody of the Pentax countdown, produced by New Camera News, and no one at Nikon had nothing to do with it.

baldeagle21b's gear list:baldeagle21b's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 ED (IF) Fisheye +6 more
mikeber
Forum MemberPosts: 85Gear list
Like?
In reply to viking79, 3 months ago

viking79 wrote:

Petroglyph wrote:

If Ricoh would drop the price to around 4000$ and Convince Samyang to offer, say, a 28 f/2, 58 f/2, and 98 f/2.8 Macro that might get some attention. Now most realize the camera at 10000 and new 28mm (also very expensive), it is just too far out of reach for serious consideration. This is probably why Nikon wouldn't care.

Cheers.

If Ricoh would just hand me a $1000 check I would be happy too. I am sure Ricoh would lose at least that much selling 645Z cameras for $4000. Why would Ricoh have any interest in convincing Samyang to make lenses for them and lose any profit off their lenses?

It is only too far out of reach for some buyers, there are many (their market) that wouldn't think twice about spending $30k on a system, that is a deal next to some of the other medium format cameras.

Eric

I am always amused when "knowledgeable critics" offer their 2 cent, comparing apples to... lenses.

The latest Hasselblad system is offered at $47K and Phase one is in a similar ballpark (albeit at higher resolution). Leica S is $22K (body only) and lenses range between $7-10K. It only has 40M pixel sensor.

To tell the truth, I think it would be great if Leica would offer their camera at $4K, but as is, "it is just too far out of reach for serious consideration".

mikeber's gear list:mikeber's gear list
Nikon D4
Holger Bargen
Contributing MemberPosts: 698Gear list
Like?
In reply to baldeagle21b, 3 months ago

baldeagle21b wrote:

Holger Bargen wrote:

turbsy wrote:

Holger Bargen wrote:

Best regards

Holger

The only reason why Nikon could be arrogantly, could be a medium format camera from Nikon which is miles in front of the new Pentax 645Z - but to be honest - I do not expect something like this - they would have to offer a complete series of medium format lenses, too.

Best regards

Holger

See the OP's first post. "The Onion" is a news parody website, and "New Camera News" is likewise a photographic news parody website. The Nikon ad is a parody of the Pentax countdown, produced by New Camera News, and no one at Nikon had nothing to do with it.

That makes sense. Did not know the Website where it was published.

Best regards

Holger

Holger Bargen's gear list:Holger Bargen's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +2 more
soheil
Senior MemberPosts: 1,944Gear list
Like?
Nikon's bank account doesn't. :D
In reply to Gary Martin, 3 months ago

I think they have enough money to buy some 645Z for their bosses.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Soheil

soheil's gear list:soheil's gear list
Pentax Optio 330GS Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM +17 more
soheil
Senior MemberPosts: 1,944Gear list
Like?
There are people out there that won't go for ...
In reply to mikeber, 3 months ago

affordable products. They love to pay more for a Bugatti than less for a Ferrari.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Soheil

soheil's gear list:soheil's gear list
Pentax Optio 330GS Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM +17 more
JamieTux
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,769Gear list
Like?
Re: There are people out there that won't go for ...
In reply to soheil, 3 months ago

soheil wrote:

affordable products. They love to pay more for a Bugatti than less for a Ferrari.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Soheil

The Bugatti Veryan has a higher top speed, more power and more refinement inside, personally I wouldn't have either but Ai can understand the appeal and the differences

What I don't understand is people buying the Hasselblad version of the Sony cameras that seem to be identical apart from the exterior.

JamieTux's gear list:JamieTux's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +12 more
Couscousdelight
Regular MemberPosts: 410Gear list
Like?
In reply to JamieTux, 3 months ago

JamieTux wrote:

The Bugatti Veryan has a higher top speed, more power and more refinement inside, personally I wouldn't have either but Ai can understand the appeal and the differences

It calls Veyron, not Veryan

JamieTux
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,769Gear list
Like?
In reply to Couscousdelight, 3 months ago

Couscousdelight wrote:

JamieTux wrote:

It calls Veyron, not Veryan

Yep, that's me not checking autocorrect when posting from my phone

JamieTux's gear list:JamieTux's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads