D9300 - For real or just another tease?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
seahawk
Senior MemberPosts: 1,880
Like?
Re: D9300 - For real or just another tease?
In reply to Tony Beach, 3 months ago

that was what I am saying at the beginning of the debate.

-- hide signature --

hobby aviation photographer

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Phil_L
Senior MemberPosts: 2,795
Like?
Re: April fools?
In reply to Kerry Pierce, 3 months ago

Kerry Pierce wrote:

Kris in CT wrote:

Believe me I really hope this is true! Credit card is out and waiting.. hope it is built as well as the D300, has a real buffer, 8 FPS, AF-on... blah, blah. The same thing we all want, lol..

I quite agree. I've had money laying in the bank account for several years, just waiting on a "true" d300 replacement, such as you describe.

Maybe the frustrating and seemingly interminable wait is finally over. Time will tell.

Kerry

Same here! Money is waiting for the camera.

I am quietly hopeful about this, but after all these years no euforia.

-- hide signature --

Phil_L

ImageAmateur
Contributing MemberPosts: 743
Like?
Re: D9300 - For real or just another tease? Oh heck, I'll play ;-)
In reply to jfriend00, 3 months ago

jfriend00 wrote:

ImageAmateur wrote:

StillLearning wrote:

Fresh for Nikon Rumors.

D9300?

D9300 APS-C 24MP 6fps without grip, D800 body, D4 AF = USD 1,600

D900 FX 16MP 6fps without grip, D800 body, D4 AF = USD 2,400.

What's with the 6fps? Did Nikon suddenly forget how to do 8fps or suddently decide that nobody other than D4s users get more than 6fps? The Fujitsu Milbeaut core in the Expeed 4 is supposed to be able to do 12fps at 24MP.

-- hide signature --

Probably you will get 8 or 9 fps WITH grip, so that will be another USD 300 or so for Nikon.

Doubt you will get 12 fps to compete so close with D4.

Surely 6 fps w/o and 8fps w grip is fair for a budget speed camera.

Especially as these two (9 series FF /DX) will likely pair capability for video, likely the spearhead video DSLR's for Nikon?

But that will likely use the liveview (the video).

Just thinking about what makes sense at a 'new' DSLR provision.

Cheers.

-- hide signature --

Wishing You Good Light.

Hrvoje Crvelin
Regular MemberPosts: 174Gear list
Like?
In reply to StillLearning, 3 months ago

I believe NR already had d9xxx mentioned in one of Japanese press articles they showed a year ago or something. This leads me to believe this might be according to some long-term roadmap and most likely replacement of d300s. I had this "consumer fever" this year to replace d5100 with d7100, but I did come to my senses and bought 85 f/1.8 (before rebates) and 105 f/2.8 (during rebates). They cover what I need in DX world (and one day FX eventually).  With d9300 potentially now coming, I 'm interested in this camera as something I would buy next year and I hope by then Nikon would also release nice wide prime lens.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Hrvoje

Hrvoje Crvelin's gear list:Hrvoje Crvelin's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F717 Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +2 more
Michael Oersigh
Senior MemberPosts: 2,029
Like?
In reply to Allan Rube, 3 months ago

Hi there

The main point I believe is that this should be the best DX design possible and the most solid and that can only be achieved if it is a 100% Pro model. I don't bother with FX like most advanced users, too big, not enough options and exposures from this size sensor still suggest studio applications in the main. So far though designs have been dictated by what levels of bloodymindedness are trendy for the times, lack of true competition is to blame for that. I can wait I am still hugely enjoying my D300 and D100, mainly in the knowledge that FX still can't deliver, so no matter how dated they are, it doesn't really matter. So to re-cap, a fully working Pro DX has shown itself to be the best ultra mobile picture taking device out on the road.

However, the 9xxx designation suggest otherwise, but we'll see.

Mike Oersigh

HSway
Senior MemberPosts: 2,599
Like?
Re: appeasement from Nikon?
In reply to Frank C., 3 months ago

Frank C. wrote:

This would be a nice comeback for Nikon after the D600 fiasco, making amends with its loyal base and rekindling relationships... very unlike the Nikon we know but then again desperate times call for desperate measures as the saying goes. I think we would all welcome the D300 replacement with open arms and forgive Nikon pretty quickly for any previous misdeeds! lol

So at last?

Sony has come with a new AF system starting with the a6000, gaining more and more influence in the aps-c format, and must be said that deservedly so.

Very fast continuous shooting, used by myself, really is no problem for these cameras. And the a77 ll is coming. super telephoto lenses won't be Nikon/Canon's domain forever as well.

what you say.. though I will personally put it down to disasters that hit Japan.

It’s an important segment. And this looks like a serious piece of information.

-- hide signature --
DezM
Forum ProPosts: 33,732
Like?
You can probably get a preview of it.......

...........in the Sony a6000 mirrorless camera. It may use the sensor in that body. I've preordered this last month and will use it to compliment my SLR:

Preview: http://www.dpreview.com/previews/sony-alpha-a6000

First shots: http://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2014/04/01/sony-a6000-first-shots-posted-see-how-the-nex-6-successor-stacks-up-against

Samples: http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/sony-a6000/sony-a6000A7.HTM

-- hide signature --
Carsten Pauer 2
Senior MemberPosts: 2,952
Like?

Oh nice, probably this Digital Camera has the follow Specifications:

• 4K Video Resolution @ 60f/s and 500Mbit/s.
  • 32MP X-Trans Sensor without AA-Filter.
  • 16f/s with AF and a Buffer for 128 14-Bit non-compressed NEF Photos.
  • 72 AF Cross Sensors.
  • Up to 1/16000s Shutter Speed.
  • Digital Split Screen.
  • Focus Peaking.
  • Illuminated Buttons and Dials.
  • Two 6Gbit/s mSATA Slots.
  • 1920x1080 Pixel IPS Display like cheap Smart Phones.
  • 1Gbit/s Ethernet.
  • WLAN 802.11ad.
  • DGPS.
  • USB 3.1.
  • TB 2.0.
  • HDMI 2.0.
  • EN-EL18a Accumulator.
sportyaccordy
Contributing MemberPosts: 944
Like?

Hopefully they will have the fast mirror from the new D4s

And more importantly they will bring some modern pro grade DX glass.

vwsjr
Regular MemberPosts: 154Gear list
Like?
Re: April fools?
In reply to Kris in CT, 3 months ago

Kris, aren't you also waiting on the Tamron 150-600?  I'm waiting on that too and and have been holding off on upgrading my D300s just for something a bit closer in specs, as I'd expect a D9300 to be.  I was actually figuring on a D7200 upgrade late this year, but this should be everything I was looking for.

The question is, which of our new toys will we see first, and when? I don't think I'd want to bet on either any time soon, although I'm still hoping maybe I'll see the Tamron this year!

vwsjr's gear list:vwsjr's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +5 more
vwsjr
Regular MemberPosts: 154Gear list
Like?
In reply to Carsten Pauer 2, 3 months ago

And it comes with a new Nikon 600mm f/2.8 DX VR.  I sure hope you were joking with those specs.

vwsjr's gear list:vwsjr's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +5 more
rhlpetrus
Forum ProPosts: 22,904Gear list
Like?
Numbering and lineups Re: A double hit Renato...
In reply to seahawk, 3 months ago

seahawk wrote:

D9300 would mean a similar refresh cycle as the rest of the consumer line, which speaks against a high-end solution.
But one can hope. D800S + D9300 would be a very nice combination.

-- hide signature --

hobby aviation photographer

Nikon seem to have stabilized with odd numbers for their DX lineup, D3x00, D5x00, D7x00, thus D9x00 would be above the D7x00 one, if it materializes. Unless it is the replacement of the D700, which I doubt very much, it'd be D710 if that happens. I see Nikon staying with two smaller body lines in FX, D6x0 and D8x0, and the Dn large body line. There are 6 dslr lines now, 7 if a D9x00 comes, quite a lot actually.

-- hide signature --

Renato.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhlpedrosa/
OnExposure member
http://www.onexposure.net/
Good shooting and good luck
(after Ed Murrow)

rhlpetrus's gear list:rhlpetrus's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +3 more
tundracamper
Senior MemberPosts: 1,779
Like?
Re: Numbering and lineups Re: A double hit Renato...
In reply to rhlpetrus, 3 months ago

I would have thought for sure someone would have had a photoshopped image by now to go along with all the specs floating around for a camera for which all we have is a model number, and that might not even be real.

sandy b
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,095Gear list
Like?
Re: D9300 - I think its real, but not what you expect

I don't think its an exact D300s replacement, or Nikon would have kept the DXXX designation. The fact that its four digit tells me its consumer oriented. It could be advanced consumer like the D7100, but not semi-pro like the DXXX. I'm wondering it this isn't the tech from the V series migrating up. EV, AF tech from the V line, etc.

sandy b's gear list:sandy b's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Nikon D7000 Nikon D600 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +4 more
arrr
Regular MemberPosts: 434Gear list
Like?
I'm waiting

StillLearning wrote:

Fresh for Nikon Rumors.

D9300?

Sounds great. Where's the Official Announcement? Nikon had no trouble announcing the development of the D4s. A real  Nikon Teaser for the D9300 would be nice. I'm not saying we need to know everything now. Just give us a confirmation of the name D9300 and a date.

arrr's gear list:arrr's gear list
Nikon D3200 Nikon D610 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +8 more
Patco
Forum ProPosts: 11,446
Like?
Re: What # system
In reply to rxbot, 3 months ago

rxbot wrote:

I do not get why a D200-D300 cameras are DX but D600-D700 are FX.

Just as the D1/D2 line became FX with the D3, the D100/D200/D300 line appears to have become FX with the D700.  We now have the FX D800, D700 and D600, leaving room for an FX D900, D500 and D400 to be added to the lineup.

The current naming of convention for DX models, i.e., D3x00, D5x00 and D7x00, leaves room for a possible D1x00 & D9x00.  I suspect the D9x00 will better the D300 in all aspects, except perhaps body construction.

I suppose 200-300 are DX pro and 600-700-800 are FX enthusiast or something like that. It must be confusing for some people besides me. I think all DX cameras should have been XX00 (4#s) and FX X00 (3#s). I could agree with a pro DX line starting at 8000 or 9000 series. I guess since D70-80-90 are gone the DXX #s are gone so can't be used for DX pro. Or maybe they should put DX or FX before model #.

-- hide signature --

Patco
A photograph is more than a bunch of pixels

arrr
Regular MemberPosts: 434Gear list
Like?
Re: Numbering and lineups Re: A double hit Renato...
In reply to tundracamper, 3 months ago

tundracamper wrote:

I would have thought for sure someone would have had a photoshopped image by now to go along with all the specs floating around for a camera for which all we have is a model number, and that might not even be real.

Right and it could be a Lite version of the DF. How many people would that pissoff?

arrr's gear list:arrr's gear list
Nikon D3200 Nikon D610 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +8 more
Adrian Van
Regular MemberPosts: 360Gear list
Like?
In reply to sandy b, 3 months ago

The only reason to keep the buffer small on the D7100 is to leave room for a higher spec camera like D9300. (... or some might say, they left a few specs out, for reason to introduce a D7200/D7300 later on, as in not want to give too much away for next years model.)

Just like the Canon 70D leaves room for a 7Dmark2 with better specs (like maybe dual card slots, faster, more rugged). Or why tease us with a 7D2 possibility in Canon rumors?

My guess is that these APSC sensor cameras will compete head to head. 7D2 vs. D9300.
Better specs for D9300, most likely. Better build quality than D7100, who knows? Maybe.

One CF slot and SD slot? Hopefully, as better for faster Full HD video at 60P (hopefully updated from 30P in full HD), and using pro extreme Sandisk CF cards. I prefer CF.

On sensor PDAF for better continuous AF in video live mode? hopefully. Or is this too much to ask?

D9300 numbering in line with the new D3300 and D5300, so says Nikon Rumors in the April 2 speculation, and they claim a reliable source for a new DX camera.

If this was speculated on for April 1, why could say, but it was not. My bet is on a new DX camera, though. Wishful thinking on my part.

One way or another we will find out, when they finally announce a new camera. But, when?

When it is ready!:-)

Adrian Van's gear list:Adrian Van's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Olympus PEN E-PL1
CFynn
Senior MemberPosts: 5,211Gear list
Like?
In reply to sandy b, 3 months ago

sandy b wrote:

I don't think its an exact D300s replacement, or Nikon would have kept the DXXX designation. The fact that its four digit tells me its consumer oriented. It could be advanced consumer like the D7100, but not semi-pro like the DXXX. I'm wondering it this isn't the tech from the V series migrating up. EV, AF tech from the V line, etc.

Why? It is clearly above the D7100. Dxxxx now seems to be for DX cameras and Dxxx for FX. I don't think the model numbers tell you much more than that.

D600/D610 are about the same build as the D7100 - yet the D800 (same number of digits) has a different type of body.

CFynn's gear list:CFynn's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D800E Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +14 more
Carsten Pauer 2
Senior MemberPosts: 2,952
Like?
In reply to vwsjr, 3 months ago

I sure hope you were joking with those specs.

Why should i "joking" ?

It is a Joke that the D4 has a low Resolution Display with 640x480 Pixel.
Every modern Smart Phone has more Display Resolution and Quality...

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads