Rubber frame with a dioptric adjustment lens, Canon 600D

Started 3 months ago | Questions
TheMrPatrick
New MemberPosts: 8Gear list
Like?
Rubber frame with a dioptric adjustment lens, Canon 600D
3 months ago

Hello,

I am going to purchase a Canon 600D in a few weeks. I have tested the camera last week in a store, but I noticed I couldn't get things that were at a distance perfectly in focus with the dioptric adjustment wheel alone. I wear glasses, but I prefer to use the viewfinder without my glasses on, so I need to buy a dioptric adjustment lens. But I have a question about what rubber frame I should use.

There are 2 models of rubber frames, one is the original that is already on the camera and the second is made for a dioptric adjustment lens.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/262221-REG/Canon_8171A001_Eyecup_Ef_for_Digital.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=262222&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

The original rubber frame already has a piece of plastic in it, can I remove this plastic and be left with just the rubber frame? Or are they melded or glued together?

I hope I can use the original frame, because finding accessories for the viewfinder is incredibly hard where I live(The Netherlands).

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
confyushis
Contributing MemberPosts: 856Gear list
Like?
rubber and plastic are detachable ...
In reply to TheMrPatrick, 3 months ago

TheMrPatrick wrote:

The original rubber frame already has a piece of plastic in it, can I remove this plastic and be left with just the rubber frame?

the entire original eyepiece (plastic+rubber) can be removed from the camera by sliding it up relative to the camera body.

the entire original eyepiece is meant to be removed so that a photographer can cover it when doing remote shooting. if no eye is looking through the eyepiece, light can enter the camera through the eyepiece and affect metering and even the final photo ... see the following video for more info ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-dxQ_Xxapk

Or are they melded or glued together?

no.  the rubber can also be detached from the plastic with gentle pulling and manipulation.

confyushis's gear list:confyushis's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
TheMrPatrick
New MemberPosts: 8Gear list
Like?
Re: rubber and plastic are detachable ...
In reply to confyushis, 3 months ago

Alright, thanks. But it seems like it doesn't matter. I am reading the customer reviews on B&H and apparently the original rubber doesn't fit the new adjustment lens.  But again thanks for the help.

msowsun
Regular MemberPosts: 212Gear list
Like?
Re: Rubber frame with a dioptric adjustment lens, Canon 600D
In reply to TheMrPatrick, 3 months ago

TheMrPatrick wrote:

Hello,

I am going to purchase a Canon 600D in a few weeks. I have tested the camera last week in a store, but I noticed I couldn't get things that were at a distance perfectly in focus with the dioptric adjustment wheel alone. I wear glasses, but I prefer to use the viewfinder without my glasses on, so I need to buy a dioptric adjustment lens. But I have a question about what rubber frame I should use.

What camera have you been using up to now? I don't think there should be any difference with near or far subjects and what you see in the viewfinder.

I would test the camera again before you spend money on a dioptric adjustment lens. All you need to do is adjust the dioptric so the numbers at the bottom of the viewfinder are sharp. If they are sharp then the viewfinder should also be sharp.

msowsun's gear list:msowsun's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +16 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads