Started 3 months ago | Discussions
axcentphoto
Contributing MemberPosts: 757Gear list
Like?
Re: try the EM1
In reply to Fotoloco, 3 months ago

Obviously, Medium or Large Format

axcentphoto's gear list:axcentphoto's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
rayman 2
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,191
Like?
alpha 6000 ! with the kit lens....
In reply to axcentphoto, 3 months ago

alpha 6000 ! with the kit lens....

quite simple its a quite good quality for a very fast and small camera..

and you will start shooting again not doing lugging around 99 % of the time.....

Peter

aut0maticdan
Contributing MemberPosts: 625Gear list
Like?
x100s
In reply to Tommot1965, 3 months ago

seriously. Just try it for a while and wait to see if they do an xpro-2. Don't go that route just to buy a bunch of new zooms and such. You'll end up right back where you were. KISS

aut0maticdan's gear list:aut0maticdan's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +7 more
rayman 2
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,191
Like?
Re: x100s
In reply to aut0maticdan, 3 months ago

aut0maticdan wrote:

seriously. Just try it for a while and wait to see if they do an xpro-2. Don't go that route just to buy a bunch of new zooms and such. You'll end up right back where you were. KISS

Alpha 6000 with kit lens is just as big with retacted lens .. has 24 mp and is the fastest

milc camera on the market.. just as fast as a D4........IQ is nice and there is room

for an update.... the Zeiss zoom..... What speaks against the x100s is the slow zoom and

you are fixed to one focal length.....which the Alpha 6000 is not !

joeyv
Contributing MemberPosts: 546Gear list
Like?
Re: x100s
In reply to rayman 2, 3 months ago

Sony A7. If you stick to prime lenses, maybe, it will be small enough for you. No loss in IQ from what you were used to. If not, I second A600.

-- hide signature --

joeyv

crosstype
Regular MemberPosts: 156Gear list
Like?
Re: sold my ff gear..what next ?

This is a good start. Now it's time for medium format! 

crosstype's gear list:crosstype's gear list
Sony RX1R Nikon D4s Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200mm f/2G ED VR II Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2,8/15
mlewan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,137Gear list
Like?

Nikon 1? Small sensor which means small lenses, and at the same time capable cameras with very fast auto-focus and good image quality under most circumstances.

Don't go for it if you do mostly shooting with insufficient light and high ISO though. I'm sure one can find better options for that.

xtm
xtm
Regular MemberPosts: 334Gear list
Like?

The house renovation seems to be interrupting your photography time. I'd sell the house and get a D4s + fast superteles.

xtm's gear list:xtm's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200mm f/2G ED-IF VR +3 more
bocajrs
Contributing MemberPosts: 883Gear list
Like?
In reply to mlewan, 3 months ago

How about a disposable camera - cheap & inexpensive...jejeje

bocajrs's gear list:bocajrs's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR
Fotoloco
Regular MemberPosts: 433
Like?
yeah - don't let a reno get in the way!!!
In reply to xtm, 3 months ago

I too am rehabbing the house. It is second priority behind photog!!!😁

Lot's of good choices proposed.

Don Karner
Contributing MemberPosts: 749Gear list
Like?

Well it kinda sounds like photography is not all that important or possible for you right now.

Perhaps just use your smartphone camera for dabbling a bit.  Then, after a few months, you'll be able to decide more clearly what is important.

-- hide signature --

Ol' Don in Broken Arrow

Don Karner's gear list:Don Karner's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS Canon EOS M Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM +4 more
starman1969
Senior MemberPosts: 2,136Gear list
Like?
In reply to Don Karner, 3 months ago

Canon EOS M or Nikon Coolpix A.

Big sensors in compact bodies. One is interchangeable, the other fixed.

-- hide signature --

They are watching us......

starman1969's gear list:starman1969's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED +6 more
SkvLTD
Forum MemberPosts: 70Gear list
Like?

Tommot1965 wrote:

well I did it..Ive sold off all my ff gear..all my F2.8 glass and flashes.

Im now camera vacant..ive not as much time to do "photography" as I once did..i've house renos and a new one to build on a vacant block next door..plus I also bought a bowrider to have some summer fun in.

I would still like a good camera...but must be light and easy to walk about with but also have good image quality ..I've looked at the EM1 and XT1

if you were in my position..what camera would you buy..out of the many out there...not just the EM1 or Xt1

Since you posted here, get a Df and like 50/1.4 and happy shooting.

SkvLTD's gear list:SkvLTD's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR +4 more
Ceistinne
Regular MemberPosts: 415Gear list
Like?

Tommot1965 wrote:

Im now camera vacant..ive not as much time to do "photography" as I once did..i've house renos and a new one to build on a vacant block next door..plus I also bought a bowrider to have some summer fun in.

I would still like a good camera...but must be light and easy to walk about with but also have good image quality ..I've looked at the EM1 and XT1

if you were in my position..what camera would you buy..out of the many out there...not just the EM1 or Xt1

Strange question. Only you can know what you would want.

S

bgbs
Senior MemberPosts: 1,913
Like?
If I sold all my FF gear, I would retire

...and get RX100 or something similar of point-n-shoot type ergonomic and enjoy the rest.

MPA1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,670Gear list
Like?

Sony RX10

cosmonaut
Senior MemberPosts: 1,861Gear list
Like?

Tommot1965 wrote:

EM1, XT1, why play with toys? Get an a7R. I had an EM1. High ISO sucked, IS sucked, not to mention shutter shock.

-- hide signature --

www.gregmccary.com

Antal I Kozma
Contributing MemberPosts: 874Gear list
Like?

Tommot1965 wrote:

I'd buy a rope.........;-)

Cheers;-)
AIK

Antal I Kozma's gear list:Antal I Kozma's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon PC-E Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/2.8D +14 more
RedFox88
Forum ProPosts: 21,617
Like?
new Q7 limited!

Tommot1965 wrote:

Pick up 1 of the 1000 Ricoh Q7 limited kits!  cute little lenses (and hoods) all comes in a cute little bag too!  Only $1200!

ImageAmateur
Contributing MemberPosts: 751
Like?

Tommot1965 wrote:

As you left it so open... IF I sold my Nikon stuff tomorrow for something smallish and lightish, I would buy a K3 with a 20-40 2.8-4 and a 50-135 2.8.

K3 full functional APS-C DSLR with 20-40 for walk about and general. 50-135 2.8 for any sports, portraits, some landscape, events.

One camera, two lenses.

Or just the camera and the one 20-40 .28-4, can add a lens later if needed.

-- hide signature --

Wishing You Good Light.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads