Z Coming soon. Hmmmm....

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
waxwaine
Contributing MemberPosts: 951Gear list
Like?
Re: Z Coming soon. Hmmmm....
In reply to brandrx, 4 months ago

"Zo", FF is what you want Pentaxians???...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
paulkienitz
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,803Gear list
Like?
Re: So, it's not a full frame dslr?
In reply to VaLeX, 4 months ago

VaLeX wrote:

It's sad, because my FF k-mount lenses won't work on the 645D

Or, will they? What's happening if I put my K mount 31mm Ltd on the 645D? The sensor will be cropped, but to what amount? How many megapixels will be used? Not to mention that you get a round image that you can crop as you wish: 4/3, 3/2 etc. Or keep it round

What a great idea for Pentax! To use the 645D as a full frame with ff-K mount lenses, via an adapter that makes auto-focus possible

How will you get the 31 Ltd into the 645's mount flange so it's at the correct registration distance?  With a hammer?

paulkienitz's gear list:paulkienitz's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +4 more
VaLeX
Senior MemberPosts: 1,056Gear list
Like?
In reply to paulkienitz, 4 months ago

paulkienitz wrote:

How will you get the 31 Ltd into the 645's mount flange so it's at the correct registration distance? With a hammer?

Anything that works!
Anyway, I don't have a clear grasp on what's the registration distance and how this varies between K-mount and 645D mount. From what you say, I assume it's the distance between mount (or last element of lens?) and sensor? And the registration distance for 645 is bigger than that for k mount?

However, my commentary was not supposed to be taken seriously

-- hide signature --

Comments, criticism, suggestions: it goes without saying!

VaLeX's gear list:VaLeX's gear list
Pentax K10D Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited
James O'Neill
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,928
Like?

VaLeX wrote:

paulkienitz wrote:

How will you get the 31 Ltd into the 645's mount flange so it's at the correct registration distance? With a hammer?

Anything that works!
Anyway, I don't have a clear grasp on what's the registration distance and how this varies between K-mount and 645D mount. From what you say, I assume it's the distance between mount (or last element of lens?) and sensor? And the registration distance for 645 is bigger than that for k mount?

It's the distance between the back of the lens (when focused at infinity) and the image. If you measure the distance between the image and lens mount on a K3 all the way back to the M an K series film cameras it's the same, but less than 6x7 and 645 cameras. So you can mount their lenses on a K mount camera with a spacer (with MF mount one side and K mount the other side).

To put a K mount lens on a 645 it would have to mount inside the body to focus at infinity (might work for close ups though).

ozdean
Forum ProPosts: 20,333Gear list
Like?
In reply to brandrx, 4 months ago

In lieu of FF? New format so not a 645 MF.

-- hide signature --

Regards Dean - Capturing Creation
N.B. All my Images are Protected by Copyright

ozdean's gear list:ozdean's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR +7 more
ozdean
Forum ProPosts: 20,333Gear list
Like?
In reply to ozdean, 4 months ago

No maybe just the new 645d - no other intro for it on the site.

-- hide signature --

Regards Dean - Capturing Creation
N.B. All my Images are Protected by Copyright

ozdean's gear list:ozdean's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR +7 more
Roland Karlsson
Forum ProPosts: 20,649Gear list
Like?
In reply to James O'Neill, 4 months ago

James O'Neill wrote:

VaLeX wrote:

paulkienitz wrote:

Anything that works!

It's the distance between the back of the lens (when focused at infinity) and the image. If you measure the distance between the image and lens mount on a K3 all the way back to the M an K series film cameras it's the same, but less than 6x7 and 645 cameras. So you can mount their lenses on a K mount camera with a spacer (with MF mount one side and K mount the other side).

To put a K mount lens on a 645 it would have to mount inside the body to focus at infinity (might work for close ups though).

The registration distance for K-mount is 45.46 mm, and for 645 it is 70.87 mm.

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +6 more
solarider
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,821Gear list
Like?

With special adapter, 645 lenses can be mounted on K mount cameras, though AFAIK not the reverse.

VaLeX wrote:

It's sad, because my FF k-mount lenses won't work on the 645D

Or, will they? What's happening if I put my K mount 31mm Ltd on the 645D? The sensor will be cropped, but to what amount? How many megapixels will be used? Not to mention that you get a round image that you can crop as you wish: 4/3, 3/2 etc. Or keep it round

What a great idea for Pentax! To use the 645D as a full frame with ff-K mount lenses, via an adapter that makes auto-focus possible

solarider wrote:

What's so sad about much-fuller-than-so-called-35mm? 645 is a whole lot bigger than FF. Pentax 645 is over and well above any FF out there.

VaLeX wrote:

So sad!

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift, the rational mind is a faithful servant.
We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift, the rational mind is a faithful servant.
We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein

samhain
Senior MemberPosts: 1,108
Like?
In reply to ozdean, 4 months ago

ozdean wrote:

No maybe just the new 645d - no other intro for it on the site.

It's a 645d with a cmos sensor.

samhain
Senior MemberPosts: 1,108
Like?
In reply to samhain, 4 months ago

It would be pretty funny if they teased a fake FF model for April fools day

justin23
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,199Gear list
Like?
In reply to samhain, 4 months ago

samhain wrote:

It would be pretty funny if they teased a fake FF model for April fools day

That has been done for many years, several times people fell for it.

-- hide signature --

Justin
--------------------------------------------------------
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/justinwatson

justin23's gear list:justin23's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads