Show Your Snaps...March 31, 2014

Started Mar 31, 2014 | Discussions
Digirame
Forum ProPosts: 30,184
Like?
Show Your Snaps...March 31, 2014
Mar 31, 2014

We will start a new thread for this every week now due to the popularity. I'll be sure to comment also to your images, if you choose to share. Thanks everyone for your participation.

When you are posting your own images please submit them as a reply to this post. Otherwise your pictures may be overlooked. You might also consider describing your pictures in the subject title. See my own photos for this week as a reply.

We invite you again to show your own snapshots or even choice pictures. Remember it's all about the enjoyment of taking pictures regardless of what we have. We can learn from each other and it's fun to share too.

RLBur
Contributing MemberPosts: 773Gear list
Like?
"I need some shades"
In reply to Digirame, Mar 31, 2014

RLBur's gear list:RLBur's gear list
Canon PowerShot A640 Canon PowerShot SD990 IS Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon PowerShot G7 X +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Digirame
Like?
Lion Cubs

This past Sunday, I thought I'd visit the lion cubs again. It won't be too long, that they will be getting bigger. So like so many things in life, it's best to not wait to capture those moments, as they pass us by too fast.

Photo No. 1 - Here we are behind the glass waiting to see the lion cubs.  One can be seen nearby.

Photo No. 2 - The three of them were so playful.

Photo No. 3 - And here's another photo of them during the cloudy weather that we had. But at least it wasn't raining.

Photo No. 4 - The papa lion and the three baby cubs were laying around.

Photo No. 5 - Sometimes the cubs could get too playful, so the larger lions went up higher with what appeared to be a tactic to avoid them.

Photo No. 6 - But eventually one of the larger lions would come on down and the cubs would follow.

Photo No. 7 - All they wanted was to have a little fun.

Photo No. 8 - Ahhh...isn't that a cute one.

Photo No. 9 - The cubs would spend most of their time with the larger female lions but also liked to be with papa.

Photo No. 10 - Finally, here's another photo of papa high on a rock, where he spent most of his time watching everything around him.

Digirame
Like?
Re: "I need some shades"
In reply to RLBur, Mar 31, 2014

That's excellent.  You captured a precious moment with good depth of field and exposure.  The lighting was a little difficult between having both sunshine and shade, but you handled it well.  The composition is very good too, with us seeing the facial expressions.

Yes, we have to be careful.  Little kids can grip hard on the glasses and yank them off.  Then they won't let go.

Digirame
Like?
Zoo Flower

While at the zoo this past Sunday, I saw this flower that I thought would look nice.  I took this during cloudy weather.  Yes, we are having spring flowers now in the Portland, Oregon area (including near record rain for the month of March).

Digirame
Like?
After the Storm

This past Saturday we had so much rain in the morning, that I didn't think I was going to make it out.  Finally, in the afternoon the sun broke through and I tried to salvage the day a little by going outside and taking pictures.

Here's one I liked.  With all the rain that we had, it seems like the moisture was coming off the hills like steam in the brightness and heat of the sun.

Digirame
Like?
Tree Flowers
In reply to Digirame, 11 months ago

While at the zoo on Sunday, I went back to take more pictures of the flowers that are on a tree deep in the forest. It doesn't get much sun here and these flowers are some of the first to appear in our area.

Photo No. 1

Photo No. 2

Photo No. 3

Photo No. 4

Photo No. 5

Photo No. 6

Photo No. 7

seeker moc
Regular MemberPosts: 123Gear list
Like?
Re: Show Your Snaps...March 31, 2014

I kinda wanted to get out this weekend and try something new, but the weather was against me. Instead, I tried something new with something I have around the house. C&C welcome.

seeker moc's gear list:seeker moc's gear list
Canon EOS 100D Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM | C
RLBur
Like?
Flower from the Huntington Library

Canon PowerShot A640 Canon PowerShot SD990 IS Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon PowerShot G7 X +8 more
karl mohr
Senior MemberPosts: 1,132Gear list
Like?
A few more birds... March 31, 2014

A few miscellaneous shots this afternoon after work...

karl mohr's gear list:karl mohr's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS 650D Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +4 more
RLBur
Like?
Johann Gutenberg’s Bible...year, 1455. On display Huntington Library
In reply to RLBur, 11 months ago

fildi
Regular MemberPosts: 125Gear list
Like?
My second HDR

Last weekend I was in the countryside and on the way back to the city I stopped the car to make some pictures. This one is my second HDR attempt. Hope you like it

-- hide signature --

For as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he....

fildi's gear list:fildi's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon EOS 7D Canon Extender EF 1.4x II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
adventurer69
Regular MemberPosts: 305Gear list
Like?
Re: My second HDR
In reply to fildi, 11 months ago

It's beautiful .

adventurer69's gear list:adventurer69's gear list
Canon PowerShot A590 IS Canon PowerShot SD880 IS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS M +5 more
Eagles48
Contributing MemberPosts: 789Gear list
Like?
Some creatures from the resort in Mexico last week...
 Eagles48's gear list:Eagles48's gear list
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5–5.6 IS STM +1 more
Eagles48
Like?
Iguanas from resort in Mexico...
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5–5.6 IS STM +1 more
Eagles48
Like?
Working link I hope...Resort creatures
Eagles48
Like?
Iguanas second attempt
fildi
Like?
Re: My second HDR
In reply to adventurer69, 11 months ago

Thank you, adventurer69! Really glad you liked it

-- hide signature --

Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon EOS 7D Canon Extender EF 1.4x II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
fildi
Like?
Re: Lion Cubs

Awesome photos, Digirame! I love these animals

-- hide signature --

fildi
Like?
Re: A few more birds... March 31, 2014
In reply to karl mohr, 11 months ago

Great shots!

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads