* This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.03.29 * Part 2

Started 8 months ago | Discussions
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 4,709Gear list
Like?
* This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.03.29 * Part 2
8 months ago

Part 1 filled up. You can view it and the great photos and critiques it contains here.

Everybody please...

• Reply to THIS message when posting your own pictures.
  • Keep it polite.
  • If you find someone else's work interesting, leave a comment.
  • Newbies welcome.
  • Photo doesn't have to have been taken this week.
  • Images are often much improved when viewed large.
 Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Like?
People having fun on the water
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 8 months ago

I was trying some more stuff this weekend. Most of it turned out to be not fit for your consumption, but I'll keep trying.

These two turned out O.K. I think, although I'm not convinced they are really portfolio shots. However, you've surprised me before with the enthusiasm you've show for some of my shots so I wanted to test the waters with these. (that was sort of punny)

Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Sergeg
Senior MemberPosts: 2,619Gear list
Like?
Re: * This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.03.29 * Part 2
 Sergeg's gear list:Sergeg's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Nikon D800 Pentax K-30 +3 more
KyleSlamchez
Regular MemberPosts: 154Gear list
Like?
INDY Radder Day Ride

Today's bike ride around downtown Indianapolis gave me a chance to play around with Photoshop's gradient tools. ^_^

KyleSlamchez's gear list:KyleSlamchez's gear list
Sigma DP2s Pentax K20D Olympus PEN E-PL1 Pentax K-01 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +6 more
GeorgianBay1939
Senior MemberPosts: 2,376Gear list
Like?
More melting snow :-)

A few of the up-sun images of glistening snow taken yesterday:

A day after a downpour of rain.

White pine casting a short shadow on the glistening snow.

Tracks following the stream.

All with the 14-140 Mk II.

Our spring is a long ways behind this, a year ago:

NO trumpeters or geese have been seen in the neighbourhood this year.  NO open water at all, YET.  

Tom

GeorgianBay1939's gear list:GeorgianBay1939's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +7 more
GeorgianBay1939
Like?
Re: * This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.03.29 * Part 2
In reply to Sergeg, 8 months ago

Great image of the Chevy ..... and of the Caddy here: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53406796

Reminds me of my 1931 Model A Ford Coupe c/w Rumble Seat that I used to tool around in during the 1950s.  My first car, unmodified except for a 6v to 12v conversion and sealed beam headlights.

Good memories, thanks!

t

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +7 more
GeorgianBay1939
Like?
Re: People having fun on the water

Good ones!

Did you perchance get one of the second couple "suspended" above their reflection on that calm water?

I'm imagining that it might've been quite dramatic.

t

NZ Scott
Senior MemberPosts: 3,438Gear list
Like?
Hanoi, Vietnam

I spent last week in Vietnam for the school holidays. This was my first major trip with the Panasonic 12-35, which I bought last month, and which I paired with my venerable E-P3.

The 12-35 really impressed me - apart from its propensity to offer vast tracts of purple flare around high-contrast edges. I spent quite a bit of time fixing it in Camera Raw.

Here are some shots from my first 24 hours in Hanoi. Nothing too great, but conditions were appalling:

My My first bowl of Pho Bo

John McCain's flight suit - the former US presidential contender was shot down and captured during the American War. This shot was taken at Hoa Lo Prison (also known as the Hanoi Hilton).

Old Man

Pergola

Street food

Commie officialdom! Shot in the Temple of Literature, Hanoi

Street hawker

Reflections

Mop and broom

S

-- hide signature --

My Flickr stream:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/scottkmacleod/
My kit: E-P3, 12/2.0, 17/1.8, 45/1.8, 60/2.8 Macro, 7.5 Fisheye, 14-42 IIR, 40-150 ED, 75-300 II

NZ Scott's gear list:NZ Scott's gear list
Sony QX1 Olympus PEN E-P3 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 +10 more
Like?
In reply to GeorgianBay1939, 8 months ago

GeorgianBay1939 wrote:

Good ones!

Did you perchance get one of the second couple "suspended" above their reflection on that calm water?

I'm not sure what you mean. I did tighten the crop, so there is more reflection to show. They were only in frame long enough for me to get two shots before they moved down stream. My other shot has just the guy and he isn't looking at the camera.

NZ Scott
Like?
Nice
In reply to KyleSlamchez, 8 months ago

I'm not sure that the two-tone approach works for me in the first image, but I do like the composition and the way you've incorporated flare into the shot.

The fourth one is very good, I think.

S

-- hide signature --

My Flickr stream:
My kit: E-P3, 12/2.0, 17/1.8, 45/1.8, 60/2.8 Macro, 7.5 Fisheye, 14-42 IIR, 40-150 ED, 75-300 II

Sony QX1 Olympus PEN E-P3 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 +10 more
GeorgianBay1939
Like?

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

GeorgianBay1939 wrote:

Good ones!

I'm not sure what you mean.

A couple of summers ago I got a couple in a canoe in a glassy reflection which showed an almost exact replica of the direct image. The canoe had stopped so it was spookily suspended. In fact it was difficult to tell which end was up.

Your shot reminded me of it.  When I shoot waterfowl etc in good conditions, angles etc it is sometimes nice to get the whole reflection.

I did tighten the crop, so there is more reflection to show. They were only in frame long enough for me to get two shots before they moved down stream. My other shot has just the guy and he isn't looking at the camera.

Good stuff.   By the way, your first shot illustrates the fallacy of the "never take pix of the backs of folks" advice.  In your case it is a nice device to get the viewers' eyes into the depth of that swamp,  giving it a 3D sense.  A good "engagement" tool.

t

Pixnat2
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,218Gear list
Like?
Springtime closeups with the 12-40

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Frederic
http://azurphoto.com/

Pixnat2's gear list:Pixnat2's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Canon EOS M Nikon D600 Olympus E-M1
Pixnat2
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,218Gear list
Like?
Nice series!
In reply to NZ Scott, 8 months ago

Seems you had a great time in Vietnam!

I like them all, with a preference for reflections, pergola an commie officialdom. Oh, and the Pho Bo makes me hungry!

Well done.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Frederic
http://azurphoto.com/

Pixnat2's gear list:Pixnat2's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Canon EOS M Nikon D600 Olympus E-M1
Like?

GeorgianBay1939 wrote:

Good stuff. By the way, your first shot illustrates the fallacy of the "never take pix of the backs of folks" advice. In your case it is a nice device to get the viewers' eyes into the depth of that swamp, giving it a 3D sense. A good "engagement" tool.

Nice you know you agree with my decision.

GeorgianBay1939 wrote:

Your shot reminded me of it. When I shoot waterfowl etc in good conditions, angles etc it is sometimes nice to get the whole reflection.

You mean like this one from a couple of weeks ago.

lambert4
Senior MemberPosts: 1,311Gear list
Like?
Re: INDY Radder Day Ride
In reply to KyleSlamchez, 8 months ago

Reminds me of Rapha or Chrome advertising.  That's a compliment because I really like their marketing images they capture the spirit of urban riding.

-- hide signature --

Here's to learning something new everyday, and remembering it the next.

lambert4's gear list:lambert4's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
19andrew47
Forum ProPosts: 12,907Gear list
Like?
Re: More melting snow :-)

I like the glistening snow.  The third is nice.  We are getting quite a bit of open water now in Lake Erie, but Long Point Bay is still mostly frozen over.  I suspect that will end in the next day or two.  This was taken yesterday at in the Bay.  Can't get close because private residences line the bay side of the causeway.  These are Tundra Swans, Whistling variety.  The numbers are way down from what is normally seen at peak migration time and this is at least three weeks latter than recent years.

Andrew

4/3 70 - 300 mm

JeanPierre Martel
Senior MemberPosts: 1,956Gear list
Like?
OrchidExpo 2014

OM-D e-m5 with M.Zuiko 12-40mm hand-held.

Southern Ontario Orchid Society Booth

DSLR Aficionado

J&L Orchids Booth (Easton, USA)

Floral Arrangement by Ms Sanea Ebata

JeanPierre Martel's gear list:JeanPierre Martel's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +19 more
NZ Scott
Like?
Re: Springtime closeups with the 12-40
In reply to Pixnat2, 8 months ago

Nice.

Looks like the 12-40 is quite capable as a macro option.

S

-- hide signature --

My Flickr stream:

michealjmn
Regular MemberPosts: 168Gear list
Like?
Re: More melting snow :-)
In reply to GeorgianBay1939, 7 months ago

Nice set of pictures. In the 1st snow pictures the patterns in the snow are interesting. We have lost most (80%) of our snow cover in the last week.

Thanks

Micheal

michealjmn's gear list:michealjmn's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +1 more
Bhima78
Contributing MemberPosts: 680Gear list
Like?
Best shot I took this week using a Manual Focus Minolta 50mm F2 lens on my Oly EM10
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 7 months ago

Its hard as heck to manually focus without focus peaking, though it feels quite rewarding when I get it right:

Bhima78's gear list:Bhima78's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads