How long to get D4S from B&H

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
Kevin Novak
Regular MemberPosts: 173Gear list
Like?
How long to get D4S from B&H
5 months ago

I've placed my "pre-order" for a Nikon D4S at B&H, and I'm curious about how long it takes to ship, for those who have done likewise.

I notice it's in-stock at Amazon, but I want to get the 2% reward from B&H.

Thanks!

Kevin Novak's gear list:Kevin Novak's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D300S Nikon 1 AW1 Nikon D4s +1 more
Nikon D4s
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
MPA1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,693Gear list
Like?
Re: How long to get D4S from B&H
In reply to Kevin Novak, 5 months ago

You're certainly going to beat anyone in New Zealand who wants one.

We are being told no stock at all until mid April and no idea what it will cost when it gets here!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
sportmaster
Regular MemberPosts: 124
Like?
In reply to MPA1, 5 months ago

Last Thursday I bought a D4S from Adorama. I placed the order although the camera was listed as being on back-order. Much to my surprise it shipped the next day. I will have it tomorrow

I checked B&H first and they where only taking "pre-orders".

Same thing happened when I bought a D4 a couple years ago. I was on the B&H waiting list for two months and finally gave-up and started checking Best Buy's site early in the morning. I was able to buy a camera in two days.

I remember reading how people from this forum were still waiting on B&H two months after I got mine.

B&H can't keep up with demand.

jjnik
Senior MemberPosts: 1,277Gear list
Like?

Kevin Novak wrote:

I've placed my "pre-order" for a Nikon D4S at B&H, and I'm curious about how long it takes to ship, for those who have done likewise.

Thanks!

Got mine from B&H last week - Took about 2 weeks and I didn't pre-order it at announcement!

jjnik's gear list:jjnik's gear list
Nikon D4s Nikon D700 Nikon D800E Nikon 1 AW1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +11 more
Kevin Novak
Like?
In reply to jjnik, 5 months ago

Kevin Novak wrote:

Thanks!

Got mine from B&H last week - Took about 2 weeks and I didn't pre-order it at announcement!

Thanks jjnik. That's about what I was hoping for.

itcrashed
Regular MemberPosts: 140Gear list
Like?

Pictureline shows its in stock http://www.pictureline.com/nikon-d4s-fx-format-digital-slr-camera-body.html

Never had any problems with them!

itcrashed's gear list:itcrashed's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D4s Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +5 more
larrywilson
Senior MemberPosts: 3,224
Like?

Have you checked with your local stores?  I know I bought my d4 from a local camera store when b&h photo did not have it.  Support our local stores.

Larry

Kevin Novak
Like?
In reply to larrywilson, 5 months ago

larrywilson wrote:

Have you checked with your local stores? I know I bought my d4 from a local camera store when b&h photo did not have it. Support our local stores.

Larry

No local camera stores here Larry. 

Rick Knepper
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,745Gear list
Like?
In reply to sportmaster, 5 months ago

sportmaster wrote:

Last Thursday I bought a D4S from Adorama. I placed the order although the camera was listed as being on back-order. Much to my surprise it shipped the next day. I will have it tomorrow

I checked B&H first and they where only taking "pre-orders".

Same thing happened when I bought a D4 a couple years ago. I was on the B&H waiting list for two months and finally gave-up and started checking Best Buy's site early in the morning. I was able to buy a camera in two days.

I remember reading how people from this forum were still waiting on B&H two months after I got mine.

B&H can't keep up with demand.

Unsophisticated buyers. Especially when a camera is first rolled out, nobody is discounting it anyway so "shopping around for availability can put a camera into your hands quicker than being on B&H's waiting lists. Finding one at a brick and mortar out of state can be fairly easy.

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, shooting for pleasure. It is better to have It and not need It than need It and not have It. Various RAW comparisons at Link. Includes 5D3 vs D800E, 5D3 vs. 6D, Zeiss lenses etc. https://app.box.com/s/71w40ita6hrcfghojaie

Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D800E Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +16 more
Kevin Novak
Like?
In reply to Rick Knepper, 4 months ago

Just got the email from B&H that they will be shipping on 4/14 with a free upgrade to next day air.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads