Salem Spring - DA 20-40 Ltd

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
klimbkat
Senior MemberPosts: 1,452Gear list
Like?
Salem Spring - DA 20-40 Ltd
9 months ago

Took a brief walk around the Salem, Oregon Capitol Mall today.  The pink cherry blossoms were just starting to rain down and the daffodils were up in force.  The day was so nice I really wanted to just keep walking . . .

Urban Park

Still Forever Spring

Blooms

Imagination Fountain

Thanks for looking.

Jim Beverlin
Senior MemberPosts: 2,327
Like?
Re: Salem Spring - DA 20-40 Ltd
In reply to klimbkat, 9 months ago

Very nice shots.  I have a hard time accepting them since in MI we have more snow forecast, below zero forecast, etc, etc.  Had one day this year above 50F and way too many at -20F and below.  Cherry blossoms, daffodils and magnolia blossoms just do not seem like they will ever happen this Spring.

Thanks posting.

-- hide signature --

JRB

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
capturef22
Senior MemberPosts: 2,525
Like?

It's great to see spring happening somewhere! We've got robins now, new last week, but so far it's still below freezing. Nice set! I especially like the composition of the third one.

Thanks for posting.

klimbkat
Like?
In reply to capturef22, 9 months ago

Thanks Jim and f22.  Sorry about cold elsewhere - if I could wave a magic wand and warm up the vortex areas, I'd do it.

Bob Corson
Senior MemberPosts: 2,262Gear list
Like?

Nice shots . . .even thought they are something that someone  surrounded by 2+ feet of snow and temperatures still below freezing really wants to see! I bet we are a good six weeks away from seeing the flowering of even the early wild plums.

-- hide signature --

Bob Corson
To truly see one must open their mind as well as their eyes

Bob Corson's gear list:Bob Corson's gear list
Pentax K-30 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +5 more
Uloo
Senior MemberPosts: 2,441Gear list
Like?

Nice Shots!! I will be in Salem, OR next week for 10 days. This is a very encouraging sight.....I'm looking out the window here in Georgetown KY and its snowing right now......

Uloo's gear list:Uloo's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +1 more
Chris Mak
Senior MemberPosts: 1,280
Like?

Yes, spring! Thanks for these images evoking the highly desireable feeling of spring

yardcoyote
Senior MemberPosts: 2,940Gear list
Like?

Here in Northern Indiana it is still snowing.  Nice to see that spring is actually happening in other parts of the universe.

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +2 more
klimbkat
Like?
In reply to yardcoyote, 9 months ago

yardcoyote wrote:

Here in Northern Indiana it is still snowing. Nice to see that spring is actually happening in other parts of the universe.

I spent the weekend in the NY-CT area and, while it was nice, Lake Whitney in New Haven was still mostly frozen and snow was forecast for this week.  I do enjoy living in a place where snow is mostly elective - I can go to the mountains anytime year-round if I want snow . . .

leopold
Forum ProPosts: 12,765Gear list
Like?

My favorite is #2, can't wait to see some flowers blooming in my garden !

leopold's gear list:leopold's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads