Contemplating buying a used D600 on eBay

Started 6 months ago | Questions
Richy6771
Contributing MemberPosts: 613Gear list
Like?
Contemplating buying a used D600 on eBay
6 months ago

I am seriously interested in buying a used D600 on eBay. Should I be concerned about the dust/oil spots problem? I am aware that Nikon has agreed to repair this problem whether under warranty or not. However, I would rather avoid having to send the camera in to Nikon. Thanks in advance for any advice from the experts out there.

Richy6771's gear list:Richy6771's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon D600 +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
LA Headshots
Junior MemberPosts: 45Gear list
Like?
no need to worry
In reply to Richy6771, 6 months ago

Richy6771 wrote:

I am seriously interested in buying a used D600 on eBay. Should I be concerned about the dust/oil spots problem? I am aware that Nikon has agreed to repair this problem whether under warranty or not. However, I would rather avoid having to send the camera in to Nikon. Thanks in advance for any advice from the experts out there.

You could buy a refurb for about the same price as a used one. I would go that route.

The oil spots problem has been way overblown. If you do get some oil spots, it takes all of 2 seconds to get rid of them in photoshop with the healing brush.

-- hide signature --
 LA Headshots's gear list:LA Headshots's gear list
Apple Aperture
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
LaRocque
New MemberPosts: 15Gear list
Like?
Re: no need to worry
In reply to LA Headshots, 6 months ago

+1 for refurb... If the service announcement from Nikon hasn't affected the supply/demand, and you're not in a hurry, look to see if Cameta or Robert's has any more fire sale refurbs on eBay. I got mine in October for $1350... which at the time was $200-300 under used auctions but I had to watch like a hawk because I missed two auctions before I snagged mine. If you're concerned about shutter debris/oil, you can read the whole spectrum of experiences on here... a new thread was started about every couple of weeks for a while.

-- hide signature --

James

LaRocque's gear list:LaRocque's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads