I just got a Nikon F55 (N55)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
SpyderDoom
Forum MemberPosts: 80
Like?
I just got a Nikon F55 (N55)
6 months ago

Hi!

Somebody just gave me a Nikon F55 (N55 in the US) as a gift. I'm so excited!
There's an AF Nikkor 28-80mm 1:3.5-5.6D on it, too.

It wasn't easy to find CR2 batteries and films on a Saturday afternoon, but I did it

The camera is small, light and fits my hands perfectly. It's also rather quiet and responsive. I love it so far!

I know this isn't about digital photography, but it's my first non-vintage SLR, so please don't delete my thread!

Alan Brown
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,728Gear list
Like?
I suppose it is full frame... :)
In reply to SpyderDoom, 6 months ago

SpyderDoom wrote:

Hi!

It wasn't easy to find CR2 batteries and films on a Saturday afternoon, but I did it

The camera is small, light and fits my hands perfectly. It's also rather quiet and responsive. I love it so far!

I know this isn't about digital photography, but it's my first non-vintage SLR, so please don't delete my thread!

I bought a mint F65 and it handles all of my lenses with AFS and VR compatibility.  I have an Ilford BW 400 film that I'm waiting for the right moment/subject to use it.

Film still has a quality that I like but doesn't get a lot of my time. the camera is worthless on eBay but not to me.

good luck with it..

-- hide signature --

There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.' :'!':

Alan Brown's gear list:Alan Brown's gear list
Nikon 1 J2 Nikon D600 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
golf1982
Contributing MemberPosts: 660
Like?
Re: I just got a Nikon F55 (N55)

SpyderDoom wrote:

Hi!

Well the importent questions, How many MP is that and how good is the live view??

Defender13
New MemberPosts: 24Gear list
Like?

SpyderDoom wrote:

Hi!

Two years ago when I was in LA and San Fran I was shooting with my Nikon FE +50mm 1.4 and Rollei 400asa retro BW film, I even used my little Olympus XA, it was a lot of fun.

Defender13's gear list:Defender13's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D +4 more
SpyderDoom
Forum MemberPosts: 80
Like?

I wasn't so lucky with my gift... The lens won't focus to infinity at focal lengths shorter than 70mm. It can only focus to 6 feet at 28mm. No crisp landscape photos for me :/

I don't know if it's worth to get an AF lens just for this camera. It is incompatible with newer AF-S lenses. And if I get a D5100/D3200, then the digital one will be incompatible with the AF lenses.

Well, at least it can serve as a portrait lens...

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads