sx50 & yongnuo 602c wireless flash triggers

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
Paul S Wheeler
New MemberPosts: 7Gear list
Like?
sx50 & yongnuo 602c wireless flash triggers
6 months ago

I recently acquired 3 of these triggers, with 1 on camera and 2 on remote flashes on manual. The test button on the camera transmitter will fire both flashes, however the cameras flash seems to be disabled when the trigger is on the shoe and will not fire the trigger.

Has anyone had any success with wireless triggers on the sx50?. for info this situation occurs in all camera modes.

regards,

Paul

Paul S Wheeler's gear list:Paul S Wheeler's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS
Paul S Wheeler
Like?
Re: sx50 & yongnuo 602c wireless flash triggers
In reply to Paul S Wheeler, 6 months ago

sorry its the 603c not the 602c

Paul

Canon PowerShot SX50 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Mark B.
Forum ProPosts: 14,873Gear list
Like?

Paul S Wheeler wrote:

I recently acquired 3 of these triggers, with 1 on camera and 2 on remote flashes on manual. The test button on the camera transmitter will fire both flashes, however the cameras flash seems to be disabled when the trigger is on the shoe and will not fire the trigger.

Has anyone had any success with wireless triggers on the sx50?. for info this situation occurs in all camera modes.

regards,

Paul

If I understand correctly - you have a tranmitter mounted on the camera that will trigger 2 receivers on which you've attached wireless flashes.  It also sounds like you are raising the flash on the camera.  With any Canon camera, there is a switch activated when something is mounted on the hotshoe which will prevent the built-in from firing.  I've not used RF transmitters on my SX50, but what should be happening is there should be a signal going to the transmitter that will make it trigger the receivers.  Is this not happening?

Paul S Wheeler
Like?
In reply to Mark B., 6 months ago

Mark B. wrote:

Paul S Wheeler wrote:

regards,

Paul

If I understand correctly - you have a tranmitter mounted on the camera that will trigger 2 receivers on which you've attached wireless flashes. It also sounds like you are raising the flash on the camera. With any Canon camera, there is a switch activated when something is mounted on the hotshoe which will prevent the built-in from firing. I've not used RF transmitters on my SX50, but what should be happening is there should be a signal going to the transmitter that will make it trigger the receivers. Is this not happening?

Hi Mark,

The camera flash cannot be raised when the transmitter is on the hotshoe, apart from that you are correct in that there is no signal going to the transmitter. Looking in the menus, when the transmitter is in place all flash options are greyed out.

Paul

Canon PowerShot SX50 HS
MurryG
Senior MemberPosts: 2,666Gear list
Like?

Paul,

I seem to recall a thread that when the OP would put a hotshoe cover on it would turn off the flash and the OP was about to send the camera for repairs.  But as someone pointed out the cover was triggering a  pressure switch in the hotshoe that turned off the flash and when the OP removed the cover the flash worked again.  So maybe your transmitter in the hotshoe is doing the same thing??

Murry

-- hide signature --
 MurryG's gear list:MurryG's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS
Paul S Wheeler
Like?
In reply to MurryG, 6 months ago

Thanks for the replies guys, but I have it sorted.

The only way to make these work on the sx50 is to make sure the camera mode you are using is NOT in continuous shooting mode, just single shot only. Now that I have this set everything works flawlessly

thanks

Paul

Canon PowerShot SX50 HS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads