Hakuba Japan sent Blower Brush replacement along with gift what do you think?

Started 6 months ago | Questions
nihon94
Regular MemberPosts: 304
Like?
Hakuba Japan sent Blower Brush replacement along with gift what do you think?
6 months ago

I had posted a question regarding Blower Brush attracting dust.

Here is my question and answers

Hakuba sent me the replacement:-) with a letter and a small gift a cleaning cloth.

Do you think what Hakuba did is good? Does this practice is also common in your country?

Thank you in advance.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Doug J
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,697
Like?
Re: Hakuba Japan sent Blower Brush replacement along with gift what do you think?
In reply to nihon94, 6 months ago

nihon94 wrote:

Hakuba sent me the replacement:-) with a letter and a small gift a cleaning cloth.

Do you think what Hakuba did is good? Does this practice is also common in your country?

Thank you in advance.

Does the replacement work as advertised & needed?

Cheers,
Doug

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
nihon94
Like?
Re: Hakuba Japan sent Blower Brush replacement along with gift what do you think?
In reply to Doug J, 6 months ago

Doug J wrote:

nihon94 wrote:

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Doug

I should say the replacement is better then previous one.

Osvaldo Cristo
Senior MemberPosts: 2,178Gear list
Like?
Good to know you had a good experience

nihon94 wrote:

[...]

Some years ago I bought an Hakuba Super Blower. My experience was very negative: I do not have intention to buy anything more from them.

When I used it to clean my DSLR´s sensor it blowed over it a lot of fine dust. It was a headache to wet clean all the mess.

I did not give up: I washed it with plenty of water internally, repeating the cycle few times in the hope it could eliminate all that fine dust I had no idea where came from. I was so confident I had solved the problem that I stupidity use it in the next sensor cleaning a few months afterwards... well, I got the same result, a lot of fine specs was blowed to the surface of my camera´s sensor. It demanded another full wet cleaning process.

It is not necessary to state the Hakuba Super Blower went to my waste basket at the same day.

I was very deceived and surprised as I had read a lot of positive reviews of it. I bought it from B&H in NYC, so I do not believe it was a fake model. I think it had some problem from the manufacturing process, I do not know what. Anyway I want a secure distance from any Hakuba products, at last while I can remember that history.

All the best,

-- hide signature --

O.Cristo - An Amateur Photographer
Opinions of men are almost as various as their faces - so many men so many minds. B. Franklin

Doug J
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,697
Like?

nihon94 wrote:

Doug J wrote:

nihon94 wrote:

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Doug

If the replacement product works as advertised, then you're probably satisfied from that perspective.

I believe you're in Japan, based on your profile. The way they handled the issue is nothing less than exemplary. It's rare to find that high-level of customer respect and management of customer relations outside of Japan in my experience.

Cheers,
Doug

nihon94
Like?
Re: Good to know you had a good experience
In reply to Osvaldo Cristo, 6 months ago

Osvaldo Cristo wrote:

nihon94 wrote:

[...]

Some years ago I bought an Hakuba Super Blower. My experience was very negative: I do not have intention to buy anything more from them.

When I used it to clean my DSLR´s sensor it blowed over it a lot of fine dust. It was a headache to wet clean all the mess.

I did not give up: I washed it with plenty of water internally, repeating the cycle few times in the hope it could eliminate all that fine dust I had no idea where came from. I was so confident I had solved the problem that I stupidity use it in the next sensor cleaning a few months afterwards... well, I got the same result, a lot of fine specs was blowed to the surface of my camera´s sensor. It demanded another full wet cleaning process.

It is not necessary to state the Hakuba Super Blower went to my waste basket at the same day.

I was very deceived and surprised as I had read a lot of positive reviews of it. I bought it from B&H in NYC, so I do not believe it was a fake model. I think it had some problem from the manufacturing process, I do not know what. Anyway I want a secure distance from any Hakuba products, at last while I can remember that history.

All the best,

-- hide signature --

Opinions of men are almost as various as their faces - so many men so many minds. B. Franklin

Hi, I appreciate your reply and and thanks for sharing your experience.

First I thought it is the only me who faced such problem but it seems other people do suffer.

Thank you.

nihon94
Like?
In reply to Doug J, 6 months ago

Doug J wrote:

nihon94 wrote:

Doug J wrote:

nihon94 wrote:

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Doug

If the replacement product works as advertised, then you're probably satisfied from that perspective.

I believe you're in Japan, based on your profile. The way they handled the issue is nothing less than exemplary. It's rare to find that high-level of customer respect and management of customer relations outside of Japan in my experience.

Cheers,
Doug

Hi, thank you for the reply.

Once upon a time when most products were made in Japan they used to fix a sticker on the products PASSED. May be you might have seen. Also in the manufacturing there was a standard "Zero defect". And customer is God.

But as the time passed and factories moved overseas a lot has changed. But still in Japan customer service is better locally than companies who hired customer staff in overseas they are worst.

Photofunster
Senior MemberPosts: 1,548Gear list
Like?
Rocket-Air Blower from Giottos

I never heard of them, and sure they aren't very usable, by your own description.

I find the Rocket-Air Blower to be the best all around, for removing surface dust. I am happy to have found them.

http://www.giottos.com

Yeah, on another note, probably not wise to bring these on holidays, if your bags will be searched before flying...

There have been incidence where they were confiscated.

Chas

-- hide signature --

D800, AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6 G ED VR, B+W Clear MRC 77mm, AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR, Sigma DG UV 77mm,
SB-910, WG-AS3, ME-1, Lexar Professional 600x 64GB SDXC UHS-I 90MB/s*, 400x 32GB SDHC UHS-l 60MB/s*
Vanguard ALTA PRO 263AT, GH-300T, SBH-250, SBH-100, PH-22,
Lowepro S&F Deluxe Technical Belt and Harness~Pouch 60 AW 50 AW & 10, S&F Toploader 70 AW, LC 11x26cm
FE, NIKKOR 2-20mm f/1.8, OPTEX UV 52mm, Viivitar Zoom 285,
Kodacolor VR 1000 CF 135-24 EXP DX 35mm, rePLAY XD 1080P

Photofunster's gear list:Photofunster's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Apple iPad 3G +WiFi +2 more
nihon94
Like?
Re: Rocket-Air Blower from Giottos
In reply to Photofunster, 6 months ago

Photofunster wrote:

I never heard of them, and sure they aren't very usable, by your own description.

I find the Rocket-Air Blower to be the best all around, for removing surface dust. I am happy to have found them.

Yeah, on another note, probably not wise to bring these on holidays, if your bags will be searched before flying...

There have been incidence where they were confiscated.

Chas

-- hide signature --

D800, AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6 G ED VR, B+W Clear MRC 77mm, AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR, Sigma DG UV 77mm,
SB-910, WG-AS3, ME-1, Lexar Professional 600x 64GB SDXC UHS-I 90MB/s*, 400x 32GB SDHC UHS-l 60MB/s*
Lowepro S&F Deluxe Technical Belt and Harness~Pouch 60 AW 50 AW & 10, S&F Toploader 70 AW, LC 11x26cm

Hi, thank you for sharing information.

Confiscated Blower Brush is it because of their name "Blower"?

Photofunster
Like?
Comparison side by

No, it's because they look like a Rocket... It was a news worthy item...

Some guy with a similar sig, posted this at Nikon Rumors...

http://forum.nikonrumors.com/discussion/2086/photographer-has-giottos-rocket-blower-confiscated-by-tsa-because-it-could-fly-like-a-missile/p1

http://www.lomography.com/magazine/lifestyle/2013/12/19/rocket-blower-confiscated-by-tsa-because-it-could-fly-like-a-missile

http://petapixel.com/2012/03/09/think-the-giottos-rocket-blower-looks-like-a-bomb-the-tsa-does-too/

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1093374

http://www.infowars.com/tsa-confiscates-photographers-blower/

I know, some guys have cut those fins off the base, but then it can't stand up on its own...

I believe there are models now that have a suction cup instead of the rocket resembling fins.

Eh, well here's a couple pics of a blower brush, beside a Giottos Rocket-Air Blower... If you are unfamiliar!!

Get a bit more pressure, for a thorough blast...;-)

Size comparison, there's no match!!

A friend knit me a wool toque for mine...

Keep it warm on frosty outings. Hahaha

So yeah, remove those cool looking fins for airline travel...

Much bigger blowers, I wonder if dust has gotten bigger over the last decade or so?

Perhaps we have grown so lazy, that dust, has it's own dust.

Time to vacuum...

Chas

-- hide signature --

Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Apple iPad 3G +WiFi +2 more
Photofunster
Like?

nihon94 wrote:

Thank you in advance.

I found this review of one Hakuba style blower, and thought it was worth sharing...

http://www.expotv.com/Hakuba-Small-High-Volume-Blower-Brush/1C-13N4

I see there are different sizes. But they're still quite small...

Chas

-- hide signature --

Osvaldo Cristo
Senior MemberPosts: 2,178Gear list
Like?
+1

Photofunster wrote:

[...]

Me too. It is the model I have used in the last years and I am plenty glad with its performance. The Giottos´ is way better than Hakuba and its dust!

Regards,

-- hide signature --

nihon94
Like?
Re: Comparison side by

Photofunster wrote:

No, it's because they look like a Rocket... It was a news worthy item...

Some guy with a similar sig, posted this at Nikon Rumors...

http://forum.nikonrumors.com/discussion/2086/photographer-has-giottos-rocket-blower-confiscated-by-tsa-because-it-could-fly-like-a-missile/p1

http://www.lomography.com/magazine/lifestyle/2013/12/19/rocket-blower-confiscated-by-tsa-because-it-could-fly-like-a-missile

http://petapixel.com/2012/03/09/think-the-giottos-rocket-blower-looks-like-a-bomb-the-tsa-does-too/

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1093374

http://www.infowars.com/tsa-confiscates-photographers-blower/

I know, some guys have cut those fins off the base, but then it can't stand up on its own...

I believe there are models now that have a suction cup instead of the rocket resembling fins.

Eh, well here's a couple pics of a blower brush, beside a Giottos Rocket-Air Blower... If you are unfamiliar!!

Get a bit more pressure, for a thorough blast...;-)

Size comparison, there's no match!!

A friend knit me a wool toque for mine...

Keep it warm on frosty outings. Hahaha

So yeah, remove those cool looking fins for airline travel...

Much bigger blowers, I wonder if dust has gotten bigger over the last decade or so?

Perhaps we have grown so lazy, that dust, has it's own dust.

Time to vacuum...

Chas

-- hide signature --

Hello there, thanks a lot for the url link which make me laugh when I read. I enjoyed reading your message but the most I like is "wool toque" that image is cute.

Thank you once again.

nihon94
Like?

Photofunster wrote:

nihon94 wrote:

Thank you in advance.

I found this review of one Hakuba style blower, and thought it was worth sharing...

http://www.expotv.com/Hakuba-Small-High-Volume-Blower-Brush/1C-13N4

I see there are different sizes. But they're still quite small...

Chas

-- hide signature --

Hi, thank you for another url link. I am still using that small Hakuba brush since the SLR age and that brush is working fine no dust problem either.

nihon94
Like?
Re: +1
In reply to Osvaldo Cristo, 6 months ago

Osvaldo Cristo wrote:

Photofunster wrote:

[...]

Me too. It is the model I have used in the last years and I am plenty glad with its performance. The Giottos´ is way better than Hakuba and its dust!

Regards,

-- hide signature --

Hi, thank you for sharing information. It seems I got to buy Giottos. I wonder why its name is difficult;-)

Photofunster
Like?
Re: +1

nihon94 wrote:

Osvaldo Cristo wrote:

Photofunster wrote:

[...]

Me too. It is the model I have used in the last years and I am plenty glad with its performance. The Giottos´ is way better than Hakuba and its dust!

Regards,

-- hide signature --

Hi, thank you for another url link. I am still using that small Hakuba brush since the SLR age and that brush is working fine no dust problem either.

Hi, thank you for sharing information. It seems I got to buy Giottos. I wonder why its name is difficult;-)

Why, is the name difficult for you?

http://www.giottos.com/cus.aspx?TypeId=26

Even though the current trend is to use a larger blower, doesn't negate you using the one you already have now.

I showed you in my photos, I too have an older model, of a brush blower, from the SLR days, EXACTLY,

but would never use it today. As it's just so much weaker than the Rocket-Air. Less reliable.

I can only put it this way, the Giottos could practically blow your eyeball out from your skull!! Haha J/K

Hey, if you do plan to acquire the newer blower,

Super Blower http://www.giottos.com/pro_view.aspx?nId=8&TypeId=77

May as well have a look at their other models too

Coco Air, http://www.giottos.com/pro_view.aspx?nId=8&TypeId=26

Q.ball http://www.giottos.com/pro_view.aspx?nId=8&TypeId=27

Always glad, to help out bud.

Chas

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads